Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Would something like this be streetable or would this blower be more strictly for track purposes?
It can be driven on street no problem as I drive mine at times but its not practical because u better have one helluva an engine and all driveline components to hold up at this level. This is a no joke unit and u better have a lot of $$$$ if u plan to build around this blower. Just ask me how I know
Old 12-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
its a beauty...i need to know whats involved to replace my ysi. keep us posted.
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #17
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
It can be driven on street no problem as I drive mine at times but its not practical because u better have one helluva an engine and all driveline components to hold up at this level. This is a no joke unit and u better have a lot of $$$$ if u plan to build around this blower. Just ask me how I know
I'll bite, How Do You Know? This isn't a blower that I'll ever go to, but it's nice to read. I may however go to a Ysi.

What kind of drivetrain do you use. I want to do a ZL1 swap because it's more affordable and it seems very strong.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
We are using an RPM Trans, DSS 9" with there axles and driveshaft, Moser Aluminum Center Section. We also have external coolers on the trans and the diff.
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
I'll bite, How Do You Know? This isn't a blower that I'll ever go to, but it's nice to read. I may however go to a Ysi.

What kind of drivetrain do you use. I want to do a ZL1 swap because it's more affordable and it seems very strong.
I'm running a Procharger F2 and this blower is a little bigger than the F2 given the specs and you have to have a fully built engine inside and out, you will need a fully built trans and you will have to replace every component in the rear suspension, diff, axles and driveshaft. If you are going to build a car to use this blower to its capabilities, you will have over $100k invested easily.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Chris82xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I'm running a Procharger F2 and this blower is a little bigger than the F2 given the specs and you have to have a fully built engine inside and out, you will need a fully built trans and you will have to replace every component in the rear suspension, diff, axles and driveshaft. If you are going to build a car to use this blower to its capabilities, you will have over $100k invested easily.
Yea, I'll pass and stick with what I got. To me it's just insane on what can be done to these cars and any for for that matter.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Mo money = Mo problems
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 PM   #22
Chris82xx

At that point it's no longer a "budget build"

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
At that point it's no longer a "budget build"
Sure it is. Jason and Ray's budget just has many numbers before the decimal. Mines a budget as well. $0. It's been a gift.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #24
Chris82xx

not me. my budget is whatever my credit card allows. One of the reasons I'm getting a cam install and looking to do the rear at the same time.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #25
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Budget is determined by one thing for Jamie, time slips.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Cant wait to see how this turns out !

That's the thing though. If a YSi is maxed out at say 1100hp, belt drives are an issue due to pulley sizes and belt speeds involved to achieve it. And bearings, gears etc are all pushed to their limits which is never a good thing.

So in that respect, surely a much larger blower, spun slower will actually be more efficient in every way, and also be easier on belts as larger pulleys will be used, the belt has more leverage, bearing and gear speeds are slower etc. Plus a larger compressor will not heat the air as much, and should just be better.

But that volute really looks huge. Hopefully I'll find out soon if I can afford one !

If Vortech werent so slow getting these out after showing them at SEMA Id have had one sitting here already
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #27
Chris82xx

Any updates with this? I'm interested to know how it turned out.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #28
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
Waiting on a Trans from RPM. Should have pics of the supercharger installed in the next few days.

It is going to take a little more modification to get it in, than we thought.
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote