Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Scott I hope the SS or Z28 body trim is kept neat and clean.... no overcladding, no ricer spoilers (i.e. the stupid wing on the Cobalt SS - YUCK!)
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I think you are making a lot of assumptions.........

...................that's all I'll say!

.........................(all in due time......)

I hope you mean he's assuming that many people DO NOT WANT all kinds of plastic addons and doodads plastered all over their top-dog V8.

I think a car when properly designed will look agressive and really killer without a bunch of things stuck all over it.

My opinion is that the top dog should have a few necessary visual cues (vented brembos, larger wheels, larger exhaust, that sort of thing) and dealers can have a catalog of double-sided-stickytape skirts and wings and chin spoilers for those who's boat they float.

I'd just as soon see everything the same interior and exterior between the models and then I would ONLY be paying for the engine and nothing else.

Without addons the economy of scale kicks in and we ALL get a lower priced car.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #17
the_saint

Drives: rusty
as long as i'm not forced to buy an SS with that ugly bumblebee 2 front bumper. i'll take the hood from bb and the front bumper from the vert some brembo's, trunk lip spoiler ,black leather/suede bucket seats and i'll be happy with my SS .
Old 06-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #18
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonytheTiger View Post
The ss and/or the z28 need to have changes from the coupe. The camaro made that mistake with its 4th gen it did not show changes in diffrent models, you couldn't tell the diffrence from a v6 and z28 if the badge came off. This new camaro shall not make this mistake again if it wants to sell. I think they have already made some mistakes i think the mohawk hood shouldn't be on the couple but on the ss and/or z28 and the silver thing where the mufflers are at that should be on a powered verzion camaro. A powered verzion camaro should have a diffrent front back and rear bumpers in its powered verzions and side skirts and also interior changes.The mustang seems to be pulling it off becuase of its changes between gt and v6.

So do you guys think or have any ideas or changes to be added to the powered verzions of the camaro??
Your post seems to show me that you want these changes for your own personal gratification, not marketing or sales techniques. If you think the Mustang way of making their V6s look positively anemic next to their V8s is a good one then I guess that is your personal opinion. (well with 210 horsepower they are a bit anemic) However, the thought that a V6 needs dumbed down styling and are not be respected is pretty well thrown out the window with the LLT. (It makes more Horsepower than your Mustang GT) Personally why would you get a motor without direct injection. (they arnt available as V8s yet IS kinda a good reason but still) It seems to be the direction things are headed. Plus I dont like to cry at the pump.....

Now i respect the V8 crowd....the enthusiasts are the main reason for bringing this beautiful machine to life. And if i see one at the gas station ill throw him a few bucks, just to help out :-) But someone has to stand up for the little guy.... the LLT engine has amazing power and fuel efficiency and definitely raises the bar in this class of automobile. Plus the V6s are needed to make this thing profitable.

That being said... give the V8s some cues to show whats under there. They paid for it and will continue to pay for it at the pump. They deserve some recognition. Anyone in the know will be able to figure it out. If you want the REALLY stand out, do some personal modifications... Hell spray paint V8 on both of your doors. Im sure GM has it all figured out and will not disappoint. But the notion to dumb down the V6 with less aggressive hoods and facias? leave that at home when you still have 300 horses under the hood.

Im sure GM will not disappoint.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
GreySteele06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #19
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
I thought it was pretty easy to tell the 2002 Z/28 from a V6 even from a distance........ unless it was black or a convertable. I am sure most people here know why that is.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #20
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saint View Post
as long as i'm not forced to buy an SS with that ugly bumblebee 2 front bumper. i'll take the hood from bb and the front bumper from the vert some brembo's, trunk lip spoiler ,black leather/suede bucket seats and i'll be happy with my SS .
Thats what im talkin about! *Kip from Napolean Dynamite*
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Oh, and I forgot to mention...
Don't you take away my Reverse Mohawk!!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #22
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
The maro is fine were its at, you can tell the diffrence between the V6 and V8 by looking at the tail pipes, the rims, (v6 could have hubcaps are Cast aluminum rims and the V8's could have forge Aluminum Rims) and maybe the spoiler,

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #23
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Maybe, the V6 and V8 BASE cars should look the same/similar, let there be packages and options to let those who want to : look special?!?
allow those who want the 'sleeper', to look sleepy.
But I bet a lot of GT mustangs are not going to want to race a Camaro V6 (300hp) anyway.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:04 AM   #24
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I agree, there should be differences between top and lower model.

Such as bigger wheels, bigger brakes, spoiler, a lower car, "sport" interior (such as carbon parts etc ...), 4 exhaust pipes instead of two, let's say having this silver thing around rear lights only on top level model etc etc ...
Old 06-15-2008, 05:16 AM   #25
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
yeah, and gas cap on top instead of on the side
Old 06-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
yeah, and gas cap on top instead of on the side
this is the only option that i like that i believe gm should do.

the thing to keep in mind everybody is that modifying the body styling, and having select interior options for the upper tier levels (outside of a boost gauge for the Z28) would drive the cost of the car up dramatically.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #27
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
I don't think the common-man/woman V6 buyer will be focusing on balls-to-the-wall looks anyway. It's why so many V6 Mustangs sell. They probably wouldn't know what a front air dam or a rear spoiler is much less wonder why one is not on their V6 but is on the V8. The body lines and the essence of the car, for the most part, will be maintained for the V6 which usually satisfies a vast majority of their buying force.

As for me, though, I am getting the entry-level V8 so I'm getting the rad look (if it is all that much different) no matter what. I just hope mine won't look like a Prius when compared to the top V8. xD It's a never ending chain.
I agree. As far as I'm concerned, the pic on your post is perfect...except make mine bright metallic blue with a white hockey stick stripe, and I'll be content. If people want the ground effects/whale tails/ etc., I say let them go to the catalog of choice.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #28
GOT PSI

Drives: SRT-4
I think changes will be small. Keep in mind that the v6 with 300 horses is a contender and it will give new meaning to the word "base". BASE will no longer mean SLOW or CRAP. Wheels, brakes, spoiler, exhaust size and tips is what I see happening as far as changes. Think about it, if GM doesn't have to spend extra $$ on different hoods and facias and rear bumpers that means they don't pass the cost on to us. I plan on going with a base V8 and have no problem vith a V6 guy feeling good about how similar his is to mine. The V6 is what will carry this car and with TF2 coming people will run to the nearest chevy lot and if they feel they were not cheated on the looks simply because it's a V6 it will greatly help with customer retention. For some reason I see all 5th gen owners driving around with a smile on their face.