Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
I hope they do, otherwise it looks terrible. And why can't the slots in front of the wheels be functional? I mean all you have to do is put aspace in it that's like 1 1/2 centimeters thick!
like I stated about the front end scoop. . .we can make it functional in the aftermarket world. now will it actually do any good? who knows. lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #16
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I think it looks better with out it. I'm with Monkey, if it were functional, but that thing is so tiny...like drinking a swimming pool with a coffe stir stick.

Now the rear slits...those would be cool.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #17
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
I think it looks better with out it. I'm with Monkey, if it were functional, but that thing is so tiny...like drinking a swimming pool with a coffe stir stick.

Now the rear slits...those would be cool.

I know, but if you have it, you might as well make it fuctional.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I don't get it guys. It's not any smaller than the opening on a 4th gen SS hood and that was functional. I personally would like to see it gone completely. I think the lines without it look much better, look at the silver pre-pro vert. But it wouldn't be so hard for GM to make it functional, no need to move the hood latch. Just run a duct from the front of the bumper cover into the side of the air box located behing the drivers light. It wouldn't completely feed the air box, but would add a little extra cold air like the SS.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd sure love to see it functional. Hope that's one of the suprises at Indy as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #20
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
okay, that makes sense. Thanks a lot. That's what I thought too at first, but the car seems to have the "V8 wheels". Maybe it's to trow people off or something...
it may have the v-8 wheels, but it doesnt have the v-8 brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd sure love to see it functional. Hope that's one of the suprises at Indy as well.
it would be tricky to make it functional, if anything, they could do a "Y" setup with the scoop feeding air to either side then having them merge together before going to the intake. kinda like some of the 3rd gen intakes were setup. they might even be doing a setup like the LS1s with the intake running from underneath and not have a functional scoop. due to its location, and the fact that ram air doesnt do much unless you are at high speeds (talking 120+), it doesnt bother me if its functional or not.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #21
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23
it would be tricky to make it functional, if anything, they could do a "Y" setup with the scoop feeding air to either side then having them merge together before going to the intake. kinda like some of the 3rd gen intakes were setup. they might even be doing a setup like the LS1s with the intake running from underneath and not have a functional scoop. due to its location, and the fact that ram air doesnt do much unless you are at high speeds (talking 120+), it doesnt bother me if its functional or not.
I just want it to LOOK functional.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #22
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They'll probably put some of that black plastic fake mesh stuff in there
and the good thing about plastic is it either comes out or can be broken out easily
Old 06-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #23
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
and the good thing about plastic is it either comes out or can be broken out easily
lol
Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #24
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
it may have the v-8 wheels, but it doesnt have the v-8 brakes.

This may be what fbodfather referred to as "hybrid"
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Well you know if you look at the ZR1 the slit on that for the supercharger is just as small as the one on the camaro and that is functional... I think the Z06 has a ram air set up for the LS7 and they didn't change the slit size for the LS9... so possibly our LSA or whatever engine will have the functional scoop with possible pins or something... couldn't they just have the hood latch going through that area of the opening without doing anything special with the ducting?
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Well you know if you look at the ZR1 the slit on that for the supercharger is just as small as the one on the camaro and that is functional... I think the Z06 has a ram air set up for the LS7 and they didn't change the slit size for the LS9... so possibly our LSA or whatever engine will have the functional scoop with possible pins or something... couldn't they just have the hood latch going through that area of the opening without doing anything special with the ducting?
I don't think the teeny scoops feed the engine of the Corvette. Could you imagine getting enough air through those tiny little things to produce 638 hp?

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/*query?...zr1&source=all
(check out the CGI of the whole car) The airbox completely skips the little scoop. At best, all it does it blow air over the engine.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #27
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's not a "CGI", it's human rendered by David Kimble. That guy is a master.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 AM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
As I recall, the slit on the Corvettes is purely for decoration.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote