Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #15
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I have been researching used ZR1's just to compare used value to the new price of a ZL1. The average resale price of a ZR1, using the 2009 's MSRP of $106,000, is still right at 84%. If the ZL1 can keep up with that, the 2012's should hold their value very well. No reason to think they won't in my opinion. They probably won't be worth 84%, but, the fact that the high performance corvette can, gives me hope. I really don't care because I don't plan on selling it after 4 years, but, the exercise was fun!
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
Wondering how many of you have experienced a 580HP car. Yes it is worth it.
I have not experienced it, and I am going to be real carefull until I am comfortable, just because they are their doesn't mean you have to use all of them. I am actually scheduling a High Performance driving class at Palm Beach Speedway after I get it.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i can't wait 4 years,i may be dead by then.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Hell yeah it's worth it... if you want to trade up when the 6th gen arrives. I'm sure a bunch uf us will be drooling about that time for a used one.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #19
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Yes.

It's very likely they'll produce a better performing Camaro in the 6th generation. But 4 years is a LOOOONG time to wait. Only to have that model continually improve until what...2020? 2025? When does it end?

The ZL1 is punching into super car territory right NOW...for a Camaro price. It's absolutely worth it!!!

Besides...if you're the kind of person who likes to upgrade often...consider that you're sitting on 30-35k in vehicular assets by the time the new generation comes out...perfect for a healthy trade in!
Don't be saying "mighta, coulda, shoulda"
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWatkins15 View Post
Do you think that the next gen camaro, allegedlly to be released MY 2016, will be able to compare to the ZL1? Would it be worth waiting until then to see what Chevy comes up with, or is the ZL1 as good as its going to get?
If you have the money and you can spend $60K for a car today, ZL1 is the best car for the money for all the things it gives you. This car has the same suspension technology of a ZR1 for half the price. But if you put your life savings for this car and seeing it will depreciate faster each year as more news for 6th gen come out, then I wouldn't buy it.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #21
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
If you have the money and you can spend $60K for a car today, ZL1 is the best car for the money for all the things it gives you. This car has the same suspension technology of a ZR1 for half the price. But if you put your life savings for this car and seeing it will depreciate faster each year as more news for 6th gen come out, then I wouldn't buy it.
Actually it has the MR Suspension technology from the Ferrari FF. The ZR1's 2nd MRC is outdated from the 3rd generation in the Ferrari and ZL1. So the ZL1's is actually vastly improved over the ZR1.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #22
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWatkins15 View Post
Do you think that the next gen camaro, allegedlly to be released MY 2016, will be able to compare to the ZL1? Would it be worth waiting until then to see what Chevy comes up with, or is the ZL1 as good as its going to get?
The only person on the planet that can answer the "is it worth it" question is you. You can look up stats on the car all day long and none of it can be truly translated in to human worth because there exists no singular formula to do so. If you feel it is worthy of purchase, then it is. It's as simple as that. There will always be something better on the horizon, that's called progress. We would be a stagnant species otherwise. Just look at the Apple i-anything technical progression. If you waited for the next best thing, you'd never own one. Enjoy your car and enjoy your time in the spotlight as it's always a fleeting moment. If you truly like what you've purchased, it doesn't get old for you.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Actually it has the MR Suspension technology from the Ferrari FF. The ZR1's 2nd MRC is outdated from the 3rd generation in the Ferrari and ZL1. So the ZL1's is actually vastly improved over the ZR1.
Thanks! I stand corrected!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by avcbm View Post
Oh Yea, without a doubt, and if it's not... just trade up to the 6th Gen....

The problem with always chasing the elusive latest and greatest is, first of all you lose a ton of money. Secondly most people will baby it ,i will prolly have 20,000 kms on it in 4 years.Then some guy gets an awsome car cheap, that you busted your chops keepng mint.then you get to go in debt for your new Camaro again ,its a viscious cycle that never ends!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
The only person on the planet that can answer the "is it worth it" question is you. You can look up stats on the car all day long and none of it can be truly translated in to human worth because there exists no singular formula to do so. If you feel it is worthy of purchase, then it is. It's as simple as that. There will always be something better on the horizon, that's called progress. We would be a stagnant species otherwise. Just look at the Apple i-anything technical progression. If you waited for the next best thing, you'd never own one.
Nooooooo not logic....

The forums only weakness......
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #26
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
The only person on the planet that can answer the "is it worth it" question is you. You can look up stats on the car all day long and none of it can be truly translated in to human worth because there exists no singular formula to do so. If you feel it is worthy of purchase, then it is. It's as simple as that. There will always be something better on the horizon, that's called progress. We would be a stagnant species otherwise. Just look at the Apple i-anything technical progression. If you waited for the next best thing, you'd never own one. Enjoy your car and enjoy your time in the spotlight as it's always a fleeting moment. If you truly like what you've purchased, it don't get old for you.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Then some guy gets an awsome car cheap, that you busted your chops keepng mint.then you get to go in debt for your new Camaro again ,its a viscious cycle that never ends!
Yup, been there and done that. Won't do it again!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #28
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Nooooooo not logic....

The forums only weakness......
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote