Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
DEFENDRZL1,
Be sure to let us know what you find out, if anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
How long before custom engine covers come out for the ZL1 any idea?
Why are we getting off topic.....
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
DEFENDRZL1,
Be sure to let us know what you find out, if anything yet.

Why are we getting off topic.....
What are you talking about?
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #17
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

One issue is having to input every number from my phone into memory, you would think it would sync and get all the numbers like my other car does.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
One issue is having to input every number from my phone into memory, you would think it would sync and get all the numbers like my other car does.
It loads my Iphone contact list, but doesn't display them in the phone contacts. I thought I was doing something wrong.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
DEFENDRZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99firehawk View Post
Quick question.....have you had enough seat time in her to know how it compares with your former Z06?
Not yet only because I am taking the break in period seriously and of the five performance levels lovingly named from " dumba$$ can't drive level one" to " Richard petty fast five" I haven't made it out of one yet.

That said the car has a great ride compared to the Z06. It is certainly easier ingress and egress and has more room inside the car is more comfortable than the Vette It handles just as well on turns under 90 and so far seems to still have plenty of pedal left at 80+. Going from a six speed to auto is different as well so until I really get on it I reserve judgement on the pure performance issue. I am very anxious to try the acceleration and handling at higher speeds as that was where the Vette was worth her money.

The car is equivalent in quality and manufacturing and that pleases me enormously because I was concerned I would not feel it was comparable after being in Vettes for 20 years. I have to say this car is very well put together.

I think this car exceeds expectations as well as the Vette in braking, ride,

All around I am very very pleased with handling and quality.
DEFENDRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
So far all great Ideas to check.

I had some of the same issue and it was a tag causing it.
I pulled tags off the springs, Drive Shaft, rear difusser....etc...
Now I'm worried. This is supposed to be some bad butt Camaro with a killer exhaust and you guys can here stickers flapping in the wind beneath the car? This tells me the exhaust is too quiet! I'll find out this week for myself - Cheers to ya!!
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM52 View Post
Yea, it's leaking out the exhaust. High fuel consumption due to break-in.

Averaging about 15.7 now...up from 14 a couple of hundred miles ago...if break in timing is anything like my Cobalt some years ago...we won't see full power & mileage until 1500-2000 miles. Especially with the synthetic oil in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
LOL... The high beam noise is te shutters opening in the HIDs, this is normal. The seat belt strap coming undone is normal as well.

Four days is rather good out of a tank of gasin a new car. When I get my SS I did than in a weekend.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
It loads my Iphone contact list, but doesn't display them in the phone contacts. I thought I was doing something wrong.
I can push "phone", when the iPhone is plugged in...then hit the select button to access my contacts list right from the radio. I'm very impressed with the convenience features in this car so far!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
Rustling Paper Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFENDRZL1 View Post
First I am hearing a ruffling sound-like paper flapping when driving over 50. It's coming from the driver side rear of the driver. My husband and son hear it too and none of us can figure out what it may be. Nothing visible is loose on the car or under it. ANY IDEAS???....
I just drove my ZL1 500 miles up the coast of California and noticed the exact same noise - ruffling paper sound above 50 MPH. Comes from behind the drivers seat on the side. My son heard it too. I will check for tags under the car, but it is pretty loud so the "tags" are going to have to be pretty good sized to make that much noise. Does anyone else hear this?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
[/QUOTE]I can push "phone", when the iPhone is plugged in...then hit the select button to access my contacts list right from the radio. I'm very impressed with the convenience features in this car so far![/QUOTE]

Dragoneye, does your contact list come up: ABC, DEF, GHI? Or does the list have individual names without having go through the alphabet listing first?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

In my other car I am able to turn on bluetooth and just say a name and it dials it, can't seem to get the Z to do that.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
My wife said she heard some noise similar to what you guys described under the car. I didn't, my ears were fixated on the engine and eveything else mechanical while under way. Could be a parts tag flaping, not sure . Can't crawl under to look due to ground clearance but whatever it is it's nothing to be concerned about IMHO. I'd have picked up on it if it were a rattle or other item askew mechanically. To the OP, I can tell you the speaker cover name plates have a finish or coating on them that changes hue under different lighting conditions.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #26
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
I noticed flapping too... sounds like its coming from the drivers side right underneath me
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Dragoneye, does your contact list come up: ABC, DEF, GHI? Or does the list have individual names without having go through the alphabet listing first?
That's the first menu, yes. I have more than 200 contacts in my phone - I find it convenient to jump right to the alpha section I need...
Old 04-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
DEFENDRZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
O. K. All. Been cruising a bit (still under350 miles). Noise is still there and bugging me ( not during acceleration mostly when on interstate) husband has tire store so we put it up on one of his drive on racks. Took about 9 paper labels off underneath. Checked all guards and Cowlings, all we're tight. Noise still there. This is not a huge deal but in MY PERFECT CAR I don't really like it. So if anyone figure it out please post.

Now for the compare to the Z06 inquiry. First let me say I had modified the Z06. It had upgraded exhaust, intake and a chip ( don't ask me names numbers or details I'm a girl. They were all Xmas present to keep me mollified in the Z06 for longer and until this car was born). In any event the Z06 was all you could wish for in handling, speed, acceleration and g's. I never had any complaints

I have still not had 36 in "OMG Richard Petty stage 5" but yesterday was giggling like a little kid when driving on the interstate. Ran up on a cobra ( don't ask year. It was white- he is probable at the Chevy dealer as we speak wiping away his tears and trading it for those folks who are interested). I have no idea yet how she is going to run from stop or rolling start under 10 but I know now what she'll do from 50 up. There is no comparison to the Z06( as much as that hurts to say). The handling was as responsive as the Z06 ever was, the acceleration significantly more ( although my nice camar ride turned more into a vette ride for the duration).

So. I know that may not be the technical answer fbodfather or the flashy response drake would give. But there you have it.

BTW. retired the DEFENDR tag since it lived on fiberglass. She got her name today. not original but appropriate. WICKEDZ.

Stripes put on last Saturday. Window tint in the am.
DEFENDRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote