Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #15
CamaroZR1

Drives: '10 Jetstream Blue RS-SS S/C'D
Send a message via MSN to CamaroZR1 Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroZR1
I have a magazine lying around somewhere, I think it was a Car Craft, where a company does hemi conversions to 350's i think. It's not a Trademark, HEMI...but a hemi design none-the less.

But even if GM aquires Chrysler, I really doubt a trademarked HEMI engine would appear, but I wouldnt hold it against GM to use hemi feature in their engines. Who knows what GM would do. They make some good decisions, and some terrible ones sometimes.

I really don't know why GM would purchase Chrysler. I don't think they would really make enough off the deal to pay for it. Even if they plan on taking in any Chrysler features they wanted and killing off the company, but I dont see that paying off either....plus any Mopar fans would be pissed, and vow revenge on GM and they probably will all swap to Ford. LOL.

I wouldnt mind if GM took the Magnum and dumped the G8 SW. The Magnum is a beautiful muscular wagon, that reminds me of the old skool station wagons...Id love to have an one of the few AWD Magnum R/T's. But I guess the CTS Sport Wagon looks alright enough. I just hate the G8 Sport Wagon, looks too much like the blan late 90's taurus wagons.
Next Year-2010 (sp. order) Camaro RS-SS, Jetstream Blue, (maybe white SS stripes), 6L90, and probably LS9...oh and my Speed Racer license plate frame.
CamaroZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:47 AM   #16
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroZR1 View Post
I have a magazine lying around somewhere, I think it was a Car Craft, where a company does hemi conversions to 350's i think. It's not a Trademark, HEMI...but a hemi design none-the less.

But even if GM aquires Chrysler, I really doubt a trademarked HEMI engine would appear, but I wouldnt hold it against GM to use hemi feature in their engines. Who knows what GM would do. They make some good decisions, and some terrible ones sometimes.

I really don't know why GM would purchase Chrysler. I don't think they would really make enough off the deal to pay for it. Even if they plan on taking in any Chrysler features they wanted and killing off the company, but I dont see that paying off either....plus any Mopar fans would be pissed, and vow revenge on GM and they probably will all swap to Ford. LOL.

I wouldnt mind if GM took the Magnum and dumped the G8 SW. The Magnum is a beautiful muscular wagon, that reminds me of the old skool station wagons...Id love to have an one of the few AWD Magnum R/T's. But I guess the CTS Sport Wagon looks alright enough. I just hate the G8 Sport Wagon, looks too much like the blan late 90's taurus wagons.
If you look up the design of the gen iv ls engines they show how the modern hemi was based on the LS series. As a side note a Hemi engine first appeared in Harley Earls personal Buick (1949 I think could be wrong about the exact year), not really a dodge or chrysler thing at all. So hemispherical cumbustion chamber engines are originally GM design sorry to rain on your parade mopar fans.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #17
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Dude!! Dont diss it until you owned one and opened it up WOT!!! Its a fantastic feeling!!
I've driven them. Don't like them. All it is is the shape of the combustion chamber. BFD. More marketing garbage. Don't like mopar period.:middlefinger:

Last edited by patriotpa; 10-19-2008 at 02:34 PM.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
_GTO_

Drives: holden commodore
Hemi SUCKS!!

I wish gm never be with chrysler
_GTO_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
Meh, I'm neither here nor there on the hemi's. I don't mind em, the ls engines will smoke em' but they do make a nice sound and some good torque. I think everyone is getting side tracked here...lets not forget we all need to come together to hate all rustangs && blow em uppp! [if they don't blow themselves up with their 25 pounds of boost]

but seriously, [ford sucks]
454lsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #20
bret03

Drives: 30th anniversary Z28, Jeep XJ
I know of a 69 Camaro with a "454" in it that is actually a bored out 440 Mopar...
Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #21
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole317 View Post
I don't see why people are dissing the hemi's, they're amazing, well at least they used to be... idk what theyre like now.
When something was amazing, they never stop being amazing to a particular crows. Dodge had made some great car's, but as of late their quality has dropped for a variety of reasons in comparison to their rivals. Let us hope if GM does take it over that they do up the quality of the production of the vehicles. The Jeep portion has made some great vehicles and Chrysler has made some great mini-van's. I've always wanted a Jeep when I was little but got a Mustang instead later on which has lasted over 10 years. I hope this works out positively for both companies and I wouldn't mind seeing a re-designed Hemi inside a Camaro if it is more powerful than the LS3 down the road.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #22
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by bret03 View Post
I know of a 69 Camaro with a "454" in it that is actually a bored out 440 Mopar...
blashpemy....
Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #23
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
i just love the guys name. "Smokey Yunick" I might change my screen name to it.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #24
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I think you will see this avoided simply for CAFE reasons...even with the cylinder deactivation on the Hemi, they do not see near the efficiency that you see in the LSx engines. You see Corvettes and Camaros with high 20's and low 30 mpg returns all the time, yet I have NEVER heard this with a Chyrsler engine. The Jeep Commander we have with the 4.7 (non-hemi, I know) can only get 12 mpg on a good day. Worst vehicle we have ever had the displeasure of owning. The only time the damned thing gets better than 12 mpg is when it is on a tow truck - which has been 4 times now in 18,180 miles. LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is why GM needs to stay away from buying Chrysler.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #25
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
All of yall just mad that the crappy HEMI's with it SEMI-HEMI heads can keep up with the so called faster, superior LS3

~Haters

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #26
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
lol gm wont cut a profitable car like the challenger... they wont even cut much of chrysler....they dont have the money to shut down the brands. chrysler will just be another branch of gm and keep doing its own thing. So you babies can stop cryingwahhhwahhhh
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #27
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
The modern "Hemi" is just a copy of the LS1 anyway. If they decide to axe one, guess which one it will be.
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
i just love the guys name. "Smokey Yunick" I might change my screen name to it.
Google his name and find out a little about him, very interesting engine builder/race car owner, etc. Besides his 302 cid Z/28 that he took to the Bonneville Flats and ran a top speed run of around 175 mph, one of my favorite Smokey stories (some of which are not 100% true as they have been embellished over the years, kinda like a fishing story) was him taking one of his Z/28s through the SCCA tech inspection for a Trans Am Sedan Race in the late '60s. With his reputation of always having the fastest car at a NASCAR race but taking three days to get it legal enough to pass a NASCAR tech inspection, the SCCA inspectors tore his Z/28 apart, after dropping the gas tank off the car and on the ground (with the gas line now disconnected), the SCCA inspector told him that they had found seven violations that would keep them from allowing his car to race. Smokey promptly replied "Better make that eight!", started the car and drove off leaving the gas tank at the inspectors feet.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote