Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #15
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
the one good thing about getting a ticket like this, is that he has a funny story to tell everyone now
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #16
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
the one good thing about getting a ticket like this, is that he has a funny story to tell everyone now
lol yeah one mile over
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #17
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
hahaha, i would have busted out laughing when the cop told me i was going 1 mile over.
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #18
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Pretty silly.....
Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #19
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Tell your friend that the standard deviation of a radar gun is 2-3mph. From statistics, this means there is a good chance that he was not actually speeding and instead it was the radar gun that was off. The court cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you were speeding, and it will be thrown out. Iron Clad defense.

stats behind it: use a simple z-test, x - mean / std dev ==> 1 / 2.5 = .4... using a z-table, you can show that there is a 34% chance that your friend wasn't speeding and instead it was the radar gun that was off.
There is minimal deviation on radar and 0 zero on a LIDAR unit. They are DEAD NUTS ACCURATE and calibrated/tested at the beginning, mid and end of shift. They can not be 1 mph off and have only seen 3 in 20 years that were. Deviation in radar guns is measured in tenths of a mph...NOT 2 or 3 full mph.

LIDAR is 99.999% accurate.

What it sounds like, since "this guy aint here" to tell us the whole story...He was in the left lane doing 61 in a 60 and had 30 people behind him trying to pass. DUDE, if you are in the left lane, do 65 or 70...please?

Officers can write a freeway/highway ticket for 0 points and a fine if the officer writes a speed no greater than 5 mph over the limit. SO say he tagged friend at 68, he writes 61 in a 60...and all is legal and fair.

As far as the ticket...I am sure there was another infraction involved...or there are other mitigating circumstances. I cry BS just based on the OP theory of events..
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #20
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That's
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #21
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
sounds like a rookie cop
Old 11-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #22
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
There is minimal deviation on radar and 0 zero on a LIDAR unit. They are DEAD NUTS ACCURATE and calibrated/tested at the beginning, mid and end of shift. They can not be 1 mph off and have only seen 3 in 20 years that were. Deviation in radar guns is measured in tenths of a mph...NOT 2 or 3 full mph.

What it sounds like, since "this guy aint here" to tell us the whole story...He was in the left lane doing 61 in a 60 and had 30 people behind him trying to pass. DUDE, if you are in the left lane, do 65 or 70...please?

Officers can write a freeway/highway ticket for 0 points and a fine if the officer writes a speed no greater than 5 mph over the limit. SO say he tagged friend at 68, he writes 61 in a 60...and all is legal and fair.

As far as the ticket...I am sure there was another infraction involved...or there are other mitigating circumstances. I cry BS just based on the OP theory of events..
I totally agree. Unless that officer angle was 20 degrees or more. I doubt he was off. However writing 61 in 60 I find hard to believe. I like to see a picture of the citation. Op can provide that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #23
nardox

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post

I was not there when he received the ticket, so I don't know what really happened.

Like you said, there could be some other things that he didn't tell me about. or maybe he was doing more than 61 when he was 'following the traffic flow' and did something that caught the cop's attention.

As far as infractions, speeding was the only thing that was shown on the pic he sent me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
I totally agree. Unless that officer angle was 20 degrees or more. I doubt he was off. However writing 61 in 60 I find hard to believe. I like to see a picture of the citation. Op can provide that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I will have to ask for his permission for that tomorrow
nardox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 AM   #24
toetter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS CGM 6M
Here we go again......
Old 11-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #25
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
At least he had a radar gun, I went to court on a BS ticket and told them the cop didn't even have a radar gun and he said, "he is a veteran cop, he can judge speed". I was so ticked!!!! They said pay the ticket, or go to court. The judge is going to believe the cop so pay now or pay later plus court fees.
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #26
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Well people have a habit of explaining things making themselves look like an innocent victim. Plus there is always two sides to every story... I'm thinking he didn't tell you everything.

Otherwise... smokie must have been having a really bad hair day or something!
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:44 AM   #27
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nardox View Post
I was not there when he received the ticket, so I don't know what really happened.

Like you said, there could be some other things that he didn't tell me about. or maybe he was doing more than 61 when he was 'following the traffic flow' and did something that caught the cop's attention.

As far as infractions, speeding was the only thing that was shown on the pic he sent me.

I will have to ask for his permission for that tomorrow
what color the camaro?..."arrest me red?"....(hot damn!)..that's f**ked!.hope he fights it!..like the man said!..can't win if ya don't play!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #28
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
i've never heard of such a thing.i'll bet there isn't a cop on this forum that would do that.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote