Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo3adlah View Post
ahhh indeedss1
sorry man looks like am not gonna be buying.. i asked the dealer.. they said if i install the used gm exhaust it will void my warranty -.- this sucks
sorry man
No big deal. But there is something wrong with your dealership. I wouldn't have them do anything to your car. The mufflers are GM options you can get on the car before you take delivery, or you can order them from their parts department. Someone is full of sheet.

My dealership has seen my CAI, SOLO mid pipes, and RX catch can and they don't have a problem with it. They even did a warranty replacement of a bad valley cover knowing about my mods.

You do realize they cannot void your warranty for installing mufflers used or not. They can void the exhaust system, but whether can or would carry that beyond the addon mufflers is highly unlikely. Example: there would be no reason to deny the 80k mile cat warranty because of their own mufflers. Beyond the exhaust...they cannot void the warranty. Since we are talking GMPP exhaust, how are they going to know whether you got them from them, anther GM dealship or private individual? Or why would they even ask? Any dealership that would tell you they'd void your warranty for putting on GM mufflers should not get your money or anyone elses. It's those guys that give GM a bad reputation.

She is only memory now.

Last edited by IndeedSS1; 06-27-2011 at 06:12 PM.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
ahhh indeedss1
sorry man looks like am not gonna be buying.. i asked the dealer.. they said if i install the used gm exhaust it will void my warranty -.- this sucks
sorry man
what.....the.......f !? voiding on a GM product, that is the most absurd shard I have ever heard.

How do they know it wasn't installed by a GM dealer here in the US?... How do they know it was used before you put it on? That sounds bogus...

I had the axle back Borla S type which is the GMPP street before I completed the cat back.. I still say get a better after market catback set up, but it's all good what you choose. The GMPP is borla, and I love my borla so I cannot knock it.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #17
bo3adlah

Drives: Camaro SS
yeah really.. i went yesterday.. and i asked the guy only of i buy ur gmpp and install it at ur place will my cars warranty not be voided ? he said yes u have to buy and install here..
so i asked aha.. what about if i buy a used one and get it here and install it at ur place... he said no the warranty will be voided .. even if u buy a gmpp from us and not install in the dealer "any garage" the warranty will be voided .. i was like 0.0 oh ok an i left.. they r asking 1020$ for the setup with installation ..which is too much.. i think ill ask again today
mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

soon to come: taillights , maybe wheels , interior roof alcantra material .
bo3adlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #18
bo3adlah

yeah i asked the same dealer located in another area they said the same.. as long as they get it the warranty will stay.. if i get it even if new they wont do the install
mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #19
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
I wouldn't worry about "warranty" for your mufflers. That's what the axleback is...a pair of mufflers.

FWIW, I purchased a pair of GMPP muffs from a user off this site and had them installed on my SS by a muffler shop. Just yesterday I was at a dealer for my first oil change and they complemented the mufflers on the car when it was in the air. I wouldn't worry about it but it's your car...
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #20
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Get the mufflers and take them to a muffler shop not the dealer. And it is an exhuast warranty, so if one does go bad they won't cover it. They can't void your entire warranty over it.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #21
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
im just "@@" on how your warranties are not void after having an aftermarket exhaust installed! Then why is mine VOID?!?!?!?!?!?! someone pls explain!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #22
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_h View Post
im just "@@" on how your warranties are not void after having an aftermarket exhaust installed! Then why is mine VOID?!?!?!?!?!?! someone pls explain!
I'm not sure what you are saying. But the aftermarket in question is GM and new cars can be ordered with them. It is true they may not or should not honor a muffler warranty for these. Either they are trying to scare him into spending $1000 at their shop, just being a$$es, or the OP is misunderstanding what they are telling him. Maybe they are talking about the axleback itself (correct), potentially entire exhaust minus cats (possibly but still not right), entire exhaust including cats (not likely as the cats are a government thing and I believe are under the 80K replacement), or voiding the entire warranty (no way).

I'm not at all frustrated with the OP, as he is doing his best to research thoroughly. I'm frustrated with how he may be being treated.

She is only memory now.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #23
cmacclel

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
I have the GMPP exhaust system on my car. I like it alot. I didnt really want anything loud, but this system did the trick. It is more refined than the stock exhaust and it makes the car sound a little more "tuned". It doesnt have that exhaust rumble that most are looking for though. I just didnt want that. However, when the time comes I am going to add long tubes to the car and I am sure the exhaust will wake up and sound killer then.

The one thing I like most about the GMPP exhaust, the tips sit perfect in the factory back bumper and dont stick out liek some do.

If you get it for a good price though, go for it. When you are out of warranty you can add some long tubes!

I bought my car with the GMPP exhaust and must say it is perfect. It sounds nice when you get on it and I can still put down my street at 1am and barely be noticed. I have had pretty much every type of exhaust out there sound wise from Glass Packs to 2/3 chamber Flowmasters and I'm happy with the GMPP. Also with the GMPP you save like 30lbs on weight.

Mac
cmacclel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #24
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Here is what I have battled with Dealers before on many vehicles.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (Put in place to protect consumers)

FRom what I understand it is against the law for them to tell you it will void your warranty on your car. Yes, it can void the warranty on the exhaust that isnt on the car anymore, but that is it. If for some reason a modification does effect the car and damages it then they must provide proof as to why this occurred. This is the biggest problem I see with most dealerships because many of the technicians are what i call "part swappers". If you install an amplifier in your car, they say that is why the brakes are acting funny. Or, that is why the car doesnt start right. Ok why may I ask? they never know. Most of the time they dont know how to properly trouble shoot something or how to even use a meter.

As many people on here have said you have to find the right dealer. Yes you can stick to your guns anywhere, but it is a hassle. Thats just the good ol' world today.

If a dealer told me what they are telling you, I would not only tell them they were idiots to their faces and that they have no clue what they are talking about, but I would definately go to a dealership that knew more and were better professionals.

I bet if you ask that guy what he drives, he would probably tell you a 1932 push and go!
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #25
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
Here is what I have battled with Dealers before on many vehicles.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (Put in place to protect consumers)

FRom what I understand it is against the law for them to tell you it will void your warranty on your car. Yes, it can void the warranty on the exhaust that isnt on the car anymore, but that is it. If for some reason a modification does effect the car and damages it then they must provide proof as to why this occurred. This is the biggest problem I see with most dealerships because many of the technicians are what i call "part swappers". If you install an amplifier in your car, they say that is why the brakes are acting funny. Or, that is why the car doesnt start right. Ok why may I ask? they never know. Most of the time they dont know how to properly trouble shoot something or how to even use a meter.

As many people on here have said you have to find the right dealer. Yes you can stick to your guns anywhere, but it is a hassle. Thats just the good ol' world today.

If a dealer told me what they are telling you, I would not only tell them they were idiots to their faces and that they have no clue what they are talking about, but I would definately go to a dealership that knew more and were better professionals.

I bet if you ask that guy what he drives, he would probably tell you a 1932 push and go!
or takes the bus

She is only memory now.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #26
bo3adlah

that is the only dealer for gm in kuwait
even camaro h is freaking out.. because they voided his warranty for putting on the exhaust .. id like to ask an official gm employee if it really voids the warranty or not.. i asked him 3 different questions he answered clearly.. am not dumb.. he said " we have to bring the parts and install them inorder for the warranty not to be voided.." he said well get slp corsa borla gm whatever u want but we get it and we install it.. otherwise its gonna void.. even if u get the gm part an install it outside :\

Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Just in case you decide to buy here is what it sounds like, Mine has a cam but you get the idea, oh and they dont know it's used, hell they are all used once you leave. They are just trying to make money off you.

Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #28
IndeedSS1

Quote:
that is the only dealer for gm in kuwait
even camaro h is freaking out.. because they voided his warranty for putting on the exhaust .. id like to ask an official gm employee if it really voids the warranty or not.. i asked him 3 different questions he answered clearly.. am not dumb.. he said " we have to bring the parts and install them inorder for the warranty not to be voided.." he said well get slp corsa borla gm whatever u want but we get it and we install it.. otherwise its gonna void.. even if u get the gm part an install it outside :\
Well being outside of the US changes everything. For some reason I thought you asked about shipping to a US state and assumed your car was here.

Around these parts we do things a little differently

Good luck man, looks like you are stuck with GM.

She is only memory now.