Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #15
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsinger View Post
I can tell you from my experience, my brakes did the same thing.
Take it to your dealer. Hopefully they will lube the brake parts. With mine, the dealer failed 4 times, so I had to do it myself.

Please keep in mind, the front brakes have a TSB for them but the rear brakes do not.

Hopefully your dealer won't tell you "you have a high preformance car and you have to except some quirks."
That is exactly what my dealer said. Oddly I only notice it in the summer. But it's def the brakes.

Or course my front seat squeeks now too never had that problem before my car got plowed twice.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I just had this thought..... could be a loose nut behind the wheel.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #17
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I had a squeak on mine recently that turned out to be an exhaust leak. In my case it was at the 2 clamps that connect the cat pipes to the rest of the exhaust. Easy to check too, just look down there and see if there are black stain lines in that area.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #18
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I had a squeak on mine recently that turned out to be an exhaust leak. In my case it was at the 2 clamps that connect the cat pipes to the rest of the exhaust. Easy to check too, just look down there and see if there are black stain lines in that area.
UHmm the sound I heard was rotational but I have noticed some black stains on the rear mufflers. I'll check it out and post what happens.

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
St33lsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #19
friskyshouse

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT RS
I had just noticed this happening on an intermitent basis and thought how can you diagnos something that happens once in a while? Seems like it could be with the brakes but not necessarily.
friskyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I hear a squeaking that sounds like a regular rotational squeaking that is not related to my wheel speed or breaking when I am parking in my garage with the windows down. I cannot hear it outside, but once I stop moving, the squeaking seems to stop.
Have you been able to get your vehicle in to be checked? If you get it checked in and the dealer is unable to resolve this for you let me know and I'll take it from there. I hope it isn't anything serious!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #21
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have you been able to get your vehicle in to be checked? If you get it checked in and the dealer is unable to resolve this for you let me know and I'll take it from there. I hope it isn't anything serious!

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
They were not able to hear the squeaking in their large garage unfortunately. If there is anything you can do, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #22
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I hear a squeaking that sounds like a regular rotational squeaking that is not related to my wheel speed or breaking when I am parking in my garage with the windows down. I cannot hear it outside, but once I stop moving, the squeaking seems to stop.
This is exactly how i found out mine was making that noise, in my garage. Couple days ago when I was at a dragstrip, I heard it again but this time it was even louder! Im guessing because of the 2 walls around u. I need to take it to the dealership and I keep forgetting it
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 AM   #23
SKERIS

Drives: Jewel Red 2SS RS A6
Mine did it for the first 2k and then hasn't since...sounded like a brake issue.

Last edited by SKERIS; 07-24-2011 at 06:07 AM. Reason: sp
SKERIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
I have heard two different types of squeaks. One of them was when going down the road at regular speeds (when I pressed the brakes it stopped then continued when let go) the other I just started hearing last night. It sounds like a fast food cup with a straw in the lid getting pulled up and down... that kind of squeak. It sounds like the front end. Possibly some shifting body panels? Idk
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #25
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

If you hear a noise like that and it isn't the brakes it could certainly be a hub bearing. This would also explain a rotational noise for others.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #26
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
My damn seat squeeks like crazy!
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #27
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
I have heard two different types of squeaks. One of them was when going down the road at regular speeds (when I pressed the brakes it stopped then continued when let go) the other I just started hearing last night. It sounds like a fast food cup with a straw in the lid getting pulled up and down... that kind of squeak. It sounds like the front end. Possibly some shifting body panels? Idk
The first one haha. I'm taking my car to the dealership tomorrow to get it fixed.

Last edited by SamSS; 07-24-2011 at 09:39 PM.
SamSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #28
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Having a similar issue. I need to take time off to recreate the problem for the dealer and hopefully have it resolved in one trip.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote