Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
So what does RDZ expect from that work?
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Did you do anything to the combustion chambers? Short side radius? Stream line the guides? Open the valve seat to 85% of the valve head size? Back cut the valves? Valve job? If you just gasket matched and didn't do any chamber work or bowl work....you just wasted a whole lotta time for nothing. That part of the port that you show in the pics already outflow the rest of the port sections by a huge margin. So it goes like this: make a part that flows a lot already, flow more and flow more into a section that flows less...what do you end up with? Not much gain if anything. If you want some info on porting and making TRUE worthwhile gains, pm me. I've ported quite a few heads and flowed quite a few also. Getting 300+ cfm on intake and almost 230cfm out of the exhaust on a 23 degree head sbc is no easy thing to do. But I've done it and retained excellent low speed torque and driveability.
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #17
scrubby43

Drives: 2010 camaro 2lt RS
Nothing was done on the combustion side. we'll have to wait and see what the results will be.
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
scrubby43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #18
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Did you do anything to the combustion chambers? Short side radius? Stream line the guides? Open the valve seat to 85% of the valve head size? Back cut the valves? Valve job? If you just gasket matched and didn't do any chamber work or bowl work....you just wasted a whole lotta time for nothing. That part of the port that you show in the pics already outflow the rest of the port sections by a huge margin. So it goes like this: make a part that flows a lot already, flow more and flow more into a section that flows less...what do you end up with? Not much gain if anything. If you want some info on porting and making TRUE worthwhile gains, pm me. I've ported quite a few heads and flowed quite a few also. Getting 300+ cfm on intake and almost 230cfm out of the exhaust on a 23 degree head sbc is no easy thing to do. But I've done it and retained excellent low speed torque and driveability.

I always thought working the head mean getting into the valves and bowls, etc.. and is exactly what I plan to do when is time for the cams to go in, but I think he will still see a nice gain, probably not as much as he could have gotten but the gain will still be there.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I'm just excited to see how these engines look taken apart like that...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Hey scrubby, do you have a link to rdz's facebook. I can't find them on FB.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
scrubby43

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RDZ-Mo...89312334433886
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
This is amazing.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #23
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow, this thread came out of nowhere!

I don't think I've ever seen shots of the LLT quite like that....but then again BMWDON (the member I believe you are refering to who didn't get to finish his build) had some nice shots of the heads in his thread.

So I'm no porting expert by any means, but its basically already been proven that you will see noticeable gains with this. Maybe not the max possible as some here have pointed out, but bmorecam is seeing nice gains with his ported intake alone, so your work here should do the same.

No matter how you slice it, this is pretty awesome, and I love these N/A builds!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:32 PM   #24
scrubby43

Yes BMWDON is who i was referring to, thanks because I wanted to give credit where credit is do. To Me it was really obvious that we wont get all the gains possible, but we will definitely get some nice gains. We (the shop I'm working with) talked about cams and decided, do to costs to back away from making our own. as far as the combustion side goes that was my call. I didn't want to get into opening things up, 1 mistake and you have to oversize, where do you get the oversize valves from? So this is what we did, the final result will come tuesday when the car goes on the Dyno and Vince works his magic. Once we finally got in touch with him he has been very helpful and eager to work with us, its just a shame no company will make the software so a shop can do their own tuning. Vince does sell the software but at 42500, for just one car (mine ) the shop i'm working with wont see any return and I'm not flipping the bill for that, this is costing enough already..
Old 11-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
scrubby43

Correction $2500
Old 11-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #26
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
looking forward to some hp and torque numbers, im no car expert at all, but if this is an big enough improvement ill take my car to a shop and have them work theyre magic
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #27
bmorecam
Account Suspended

scrubby, do you mind me asking, how much did the install itself cost ya from rdz?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #28
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
2nd that.

also...how did the go about cleaning out all the aluminum shavings off your cams?