Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
From the stamping process to end of line roll off is approx 2 full days of production .

Seasonal adjustments and tooling upgrades . We also have another product starting up shortly on this line , Cadillac XTS .

And for the record before anyone asks , i do not know how XTS production will effect Camaro , Camaro ( ZL1 )or Buick production at this time . Everyone here is very important as a customer , and i know GM will get your orders out the door in a timely manner . We are all very proud to be a part of your ZL1 Build Team

Mike
Super60

Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVNLIF65 View Post
Thanks Mike for the update can't wait this is my tpw.Summit white,polished wheels,auto,b92 no sun roof .Take good care of her and there a 6pack in it for you LOL. HAVE a great week and thanks again to the whole team.
Thanks everyone I treat every Camaro as if was my own

I do hope to join the ranks with all of you someday and have a Camaro in my driveway .

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
From the stamping process to end of line roll off is approx 2 full days of production .

Seasonal adjustments and tooling upgrades . We also have another product starting up shortly on this line , Cadillac XTS .

And for the record before anyone asks , i do not know how XTS production will effect Camaro , Camaro ( ZL1 )or Buick production at this time . Everyone here is very important as a customer , and i know GM will get your orders out the door in a timely manner . We are all very proud to be a part of your ZL1 Build Team

Mike
Super60
Mike--My thanks to you and the folks on the build team. Wife and I purchased a 2LT/IBM, w-sunroof on 28 Jan. I was told that vin# (155213) was produced on 13 Dec. She's a beautiful piece of machinary. Thanks again.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #18
super60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
Mike--My thanks to you and the folks on the build team. Wife and I purchased a 2LT/IBM, w-sunroof on 28 Jan. I was told that vin# (155213) was produced on 13 Dec. She's a beautiful piece of machinary. Thanks again.
Your very welcome And Thank You and your wife from all of us here in Oshawa

Mike
Super60

Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Thanks Mike, and my offer still stands if you would like a new ZL1 to take a nice long ride in. Feel free to jump in mine and drive it down here to Florida, the weather is just awesome down here ...
Old 02-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
Bobbyosto

Drives: 2013 Camaro & 2012 Corvette GS
Big deal. You build the cars and they just sit there....Ship them!!!
Bobbyosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyosto View Post
They're not just sitting there. All ZL1s currently produced are under a Quality Control hold to ensure consistency...necessary considering how many changes were made from other Camaros.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #22
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #23
Bobbyosto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
They're not just sitting there. All ZL1s currently produced are under a Quality Control hold to ensure consistency...necessary considering how many changes were made from other Camaros.
I appreciate you thoughts on the matter, but I find it hard to believe that QC will inspect every ZL1 that has been sitting there from the first build and will go over each one of them with a fine tooth comb. I think that should have been accomplished before they built he first one for a customer order. What will occur if they find a problem, will they scrap every car; rebuild it? My thought is that it is just a marketing tool to build interest just like they did with the intro of the '10 Camaro. Your turn.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I appreciate you thoughts on the matter, but I find it hard to believe that QC will inspect every ZL1 that has been sitting there from the first build and will go over each one of them with a fine tooth comb. I think that should have been accomplished before they built he first one for a customer order. What will occur if they find a problem, will they scrap every car; rebuild it? My thought is that it is just a marketing tool to build interest just like they did with the intro of the '10 Camaro. Your turn.

This is not a new process. It occurred for many hundreds (and in one case, thousands) of 2010 MY Camaros. In that situation, QC revealed a misplaced battery cable, and several thousand Camaros on the lots were gone over and corrected by hand, as an adjustment was introduced to the production process.

Yes. The QC holds on currently produced ZL1s, about 170 of them I think, will go over each car looking for predetermined (and scanning for possible unknowns, I imagine) areas of concern to make sure the factory production process is doing its job. So far, it appears there have been no problems.

If there were problems, they would be corrected - and not released until fixed. This is not a band-aid for a poorly configured production process, but a final step, and (as you said) a fine-toothed comb to confirm that production is going 100% as planned.

But this thread isn't about the Quality Control hold. It's about the plant starting back up tomorrow to build more Camaros!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
Charlie920212
2012 CRT 2LT/RS Born 2/24

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS CRT 02 Blk V6 Coupe
Thanks Mike... Mine won't be on your line... 2LT/RS...but thanks to all the folks that take "ownership" in their job at the plant.You build a wonderful car...This is my third from your plant 92/02(still have both..
Can't wait for my 12TPW 3/5
Charlie920212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #26
Bobbyosto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

This is not a new process. It occurred for many hundreds (and in one case, thousands) of 2010 MY Camaros. In that situation, QC revealed a misplaced battery cable, and several thousand Camaros on the lots were gone over and corrected by hand, as an adjustment was introduced to the production process.

Yes. The QC holds on currently produced ZL1s, about 170 of them I think, will go over each car looking for predetermined (and scanning for possible unknowns, I imagine) areas of concern to make sure the factory production process is doing its job. So far, it appears there have been no problems.

If there were problems, they would be corrected - and not released until fixed. This is not a band-aid for a poorly configured production process, but a final step, and (as you said) a fine-toothed comb to confirm that production is going 100% as planned.

But this thread isn't about the Quality Control hold. It's about the plant starting back up tomorrow to build more Camaros!
You're right, I will cease and desist, as I do remember the battery cable problem. A lot of those cars where at the dealers already and some in customer's hands, so the QC hold was not what caught that. But It got handled nicely. I just find this 3-4 week QC hold to be ludicrious. Saftey is of utmost importance, but that part of the Camaro has not changed. Sorry for jacking the thread>>>
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
super60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie920212 View Post
Thanks Mike... Mine won't be on your line... 2LT/RS...but thanks to all the folks that take "ownership" in their job at the plant.You build a wonderful car...This is my third from your plant 92/02(still have both..
Can't wait for my 12TPW 3/5
Your 2LT/RS will be built on the very same line as the ZL1 Thanks for supporting GM and Team Camaro .

Mike
Super60

Old 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #28
super60

Quote:
Well i don't want to get into a pissing match with regards to QC issues and when each car is shipped . But if you ordered any type of Camaro regardless of model , then all i have to say is : Thank You All of us here appreciate your support for GM and Team Camaro .

Mike
Super60