Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #15
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
He's just upset his Challenger weighs far more than it should....

For real I don't understand why he would do that. The SRT8 is an awesome car and I would love to have one. Must be a real douche to do that.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #16
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
They were forced by their wives to get the 4 doors instead the camaro .Someone in here said that before .
Lol, I saw that, but I think you're thinking of Chargers. Challenger's have two doors.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Most of the challengers I've seen just do their best to pretend to not notice me. Not sure why.
When i first got my camaro and would cross paths w a challenger, there would be a mutual thumbs up. Ive seen a lot of new challengers on my side of town the past 3 or 4 months and Im getting the same response as you now. Ill wave or nod, or give the thumbs up, and they stare straight forward.

My theory is, there are so many mustangs and camaros on the road now, they may be one of those types that HAS to be different, hence why they got a Challenger as its the least popular of the three, and they are going to be haters now.

Just in general though, ive been getting a lot of stink eye from people no matter what they drive and I drive very conservatively most of the time.
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #18
jerro

Drives: camaro
I can't stand haters, what a waste of time.

san luis obispo auto detail
san luis obispo auto detail
auto detailing san luis obispo
car detail in san luis obispo
auto detailing atascadero
auto detailing arroyo grande

car detailing san luis obispo

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&ss=ypi...IzODA2MDg2Ng==
http://www.bing.com/local/details.as...07x238060866&q

Last edited by jerro; 04-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.
jerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #19
cactuseater

Drives: .
SRT8 is a nice vehicle, but the fit and finish on the Challenger and Charger are really terrible. For what Chrysler wants for them you'd think they could line up body panels correctly. I have seen on average 9 out of 10 with this shoddy assembly standard. We were looking to buy one a year ago, Challenger SRT8, and couldn't find one new or used on a dealer lot in metro Phoenix that was straight. Take a close look at those things when you see them, panel gaps are not equal, panels that do not line up, etc....and more. Then the price tag, they really are nuts. I'd buy a new Vette first for that kind of $$. The Challenger could have been a real hit had they taken it more seriously in production, really not a bad looking car at all. The Charger, I simply think it looks like any other family sedan out there, never liked it's "style" as a "muscle car". I like what I got so much better...and didn't over-pay for it either.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #20
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Don't worry, sometimes people give me thumbs down when I am walking.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #21
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Wow that is surprising. I was thinking about making a thread saying how disappointed I am with Camaro owners around here. All the LX platform cars always smile, headbang or give me a thumbs up when I drive by. I have great conversations with Challenger owners vs Camaro owners. I wave to Camaro owners and the guys think I am trying to race and girls think I am hitting on them
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Here is away to ensure your feelings are never hurt again:

Mean-mug / aggressive look any and every car that comes near you, and look on them with contempt. That way, you preemptive strike anyone that could possibly have a negative opinion towards you.

Done.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #23
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
It may have appeared that by revving you were trying to show off or incite a street race, so maybe he was showing disapproval of the perceived activity. Just a guess. Most people with any of the retro muscle cars have at least some basic respect for the others.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
spectre_

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Don't worry, sometimes people give me thumbs down when I am walking.
That's funny right there...

to the OP, I believe the Challenger dude just couldn't handle the fact that he bought the wrong car.
spectre_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #25
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
Wow that is surprising. I was thinking about making a thread saying how disappointed I am with Camaro owners around here. All the LX platform cars always smile, headbang or give me a thumbs up when I drive by. I have great conversations with Challenger owners vs Camaro owners. I wave to Camaro owners and the guys think I am trying to race and girls think I am hitting on them
DudeI gave up on Camaro owners here. I've never gotten a wave back or anything, and generally it's some old lady or something. One time I went to talk to a guy at a track day with the same color as mine to ask how it did out there. He didn't have much to say about it because it was a RENTAL....

Last Friday I went to the late night drags and there was finally a 5th gen guy there...but he was running 22's and couldn't drive for shit, racing his friend with a modded gt500 who was even worse. I mean 14's @ 129 mph bad. They were both speaking some middle eastern language and all cliqued up with friends/family, so not really approachable even if I wanted to talk to them. If you want commradery in the Pacific NW it's WRX's and EVO's.

EDIT: Actually I get a lot of compliments from gas station attendants now. Never got anything but grief from most of them if they bothered to say anything about my Evo. It was normally some insult about Japanese cars in general, and they had no idea that my Evo was quite different than a riced out Honda.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #26
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Diverters are the sh*t for situations like this.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #27
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
have only gotten positive response even from Dodges and Mustangs.

get a lot of about the colour.

gramps
Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #28
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
"rain, rain, go away; that's what all my haters say..."

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote