Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Okay so far I have good vibes from you all to do this so I am going to definitely do it.
Now how much did you pay to have it done? My dealer is already saying $2100-$2500 depending on how much I do! I almost passed out. Really? Am I the only one that thinks that is expensive for what equates to fancy clear plastic??? lol.
Around $650 for llumar film. See previous post for areas covered.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Don't use the dealer. Get you car and take it to the installer of your choice.

$350-1000...depends on how much coverage you choose.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Best investment you'll ever make. The only people against clear bras are people who don't have one. I have Xpel Ultimate and have yet to ever have a single person point it out. It's actually smoother than the factory paint surface and if anything, you'll notice the parts that have it show LESS orange peel appearance than the factory paint. Anywhere you put it chips will be a non-issue pretty much forever.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #18
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Best investment you'll ever make. The only people against clear bras are people who don't have one. I have Xpel Ultimate and have yet to ever have a single person point it out. It's actually smoother than the factory paint surface and if anything, you'll notice the parts that have it show LESS orange peel appearance than the factory paint. Anywhere you put it chips will be a non-issue pretty much forever.
I agree!! never needs to be waxed either!! just spray with Mcquires detailer once a month or so to help keep it looking brand new. It looks very similar to a newly waxed surface. cost about $750 for all forward facing surfaces, around wheels, rocker panels and doors, I even had the guy do the front lights and finger wells of the door handles.. a good installer is a must!! my guy was an absolute artist!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I would have passed out at. 2000 quote

Around me it is $450 to about $1000 for almost everything.

You can piece meal it as the budget allows. But you will be angry when you get a chip on an area you plan on covering later.

-Matt
Old 06-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #20
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 6.2 Z71
I have Xpel Ultimate and happy with it. It's practically invisible. Ironically, I didn't realize they covered the entire bumper including the top for a couple of weeks until one bright sunny day.
My installer was excellent. All pieces were plotter cut with one exception, the lower front bumper had to be trimmed due to the splitter.
Cost me $625. Note, he had done an entire car (porche) all painted surfaces for $3500.

If that cost is too much, and you want to try something on the cheap, 3m Paint Defender is a DIY spray on product available from popular auto parts stores and that big online shopping site.
Evidently it is good for a year, and you can peel it off when you want. Reviews of the product are favorable although some emphasize prep and spray require extra attention.
Maybe if anyone has experience with 3M Paint Defender they can jump in here...?

In the meantime, came across this thread about it...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297886

Last edited by Southern Comfort; 06-12-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
ghostrider77

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Clear bra is well worth it, but don't go through the dealer. That price theyre quoting you is ridiculous. I believe I paid around $550.00 for mine, which included the full front bumper, partial front fenders, side mirrors, door handle cups, and rockers. I would recommend that you have the gills done as well since that area is prone to getting blasted with rocks.
ghostrider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I got the full front bumper (3 pieces) and side mirrors done for around $400. Don't forget to ask them to put some door edge guards for free In my opinion, vinyl wrap will look better without any protection. As others said, you can also cover lower parts of the fenders. I also self installed protectors on all 18 lights from headlight armor (~$100) - took me 20-30 mins.

My previous car picked up several chips on bumpers and lights over two years. So this time I found this as a good investment since I'm planning on keeping this car for a long time
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #23
RaceAir

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE w/RS
I want to put a clear bra (and more) on my 1LE. Anyone know a shop in North Central Florida (Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City)? Or any shops to avoid? Any brand of film to avoid?
RaceAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAir View Post
I want to put a clear bra (and more) on my 1LE. Anyone know a shop in North Central Florida (Gainesville, Ocala, Lake City)? Or any shops to avoid? Any brand of film to avoid?
Avoid the ones that tend to turn yellow over time. 3M products used to have that problem. I'm not sure if they have fixed it or not. Suntek, Solarguard are pretty good.
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #25
x3speed

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 1SS/1LE w/ DME
have 3m on my 1le and my dad's vette. Looks great, no issues.

"If you love something set it free. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it."
x3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #26
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
I'm going to be getting it done to my car hopefully this week or the next. I'm thinking the full front fascia, the gill areas and the areas right behind the front and rear wheels. I'm going to add some ZL1 splash guards on the rear and make some for the front.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #27
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
Getting mine done tomorrow - just got my 1LE 3 days ago and talked my dealer into tint, clear bra - front and rockers, and wheel/tire insurance and 7 year/ 75,000 mile bumper-bumper warranty for $2800
I think great deal - thoughts welcome!
Attached Images

Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #28
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I went with 3M and it cost me about $700 for the complete front, headlamps, and the gill areas in front of rear wheels. Thanks for all of the recommendations and prices! This is much better than the cheesy LeBra I used on my last car for long trips. Buffman get that shiny new car protected!!