Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
You didn't have any fest grime because they washed it off for you in the parking lot

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
You didn't have any fest grime because they washed it off for you in the parking lot

Ryan
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I don't think any of you have seen my car clean.

The first few fests I cleaned and waxed and did my car up to look it's best before I left. And the ride to the fest messed it up. I"m not taking time from the fest to wash my car. If there were a readily available hose or a washing crew that didn't have a 3 hour wait I would do that.

But the last couple fests I never even cleaned it up before I left. hahahaha
Old 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #18
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I did clean (full detail) before fest -- then used the coin operated wash down the street after I got there -- but, had to wait in line ;o)

Still, getting most of the grim off was nice before leaving...

Learned a good lesson -- just 'clean' before you go, and detail ONCE you get there ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:54 PM   #19
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I don't think any of you have seen my car clean.

The first few fests I cleaned and waxed and did my car up to look it's best before I left. And the ride to the fest messed it up. I"m not taking time from the fest to wash my car. If there were a readily available hose or a washing crew that didn't have a 3 hour wait I would do that.

But the last couple fests I never even cleaned it up before I left. hahahaha
I hear you, did the same thing before leaving and by the time we got to BG it was like I never washed it. Next day though all I did was use some detail spray and that did the trick for the whole weekend, only took 20 minutes and two very dirty microfiber towels lol.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:18 PM   #20
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Car Washing at the fest

I was actually NOT at the Host Hotel. I actually asked the folks at my hotel a couple of days before we got there. Can you please have a hose available for all of us crazy Camaro guys who will be traveling hundreds of miles to get to the fest. Some of us are REALLY going to want to wash all that "stuff" off of our cars. They said we will see what we can do? When I arrived that was my first question I asked. Next morning bright and early (Friday) the guy behind the desk and I pulled the hose out to the parking lot Ask any of the North/South Carolina guys. We were washing cars all weekend and more than once
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I did clean (full detail) before fest -- then used the coin operated wash down the street after I got there -- but, had to wait in line ;o)

Still, getting most of the grim off was nice before leaving...

Learned a good lesson -- just 'clean' before you go, and detail ONCE you get there ;o)

-Don

Where the hell was this coin operated car wash? I searched and never found one

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
I hear you, did the same thing before leaving and by the time we got to BG it was like I never washed it. Next day though all I did was use some detail spray and that did the trick for the whole weekend, only took 20 minutes and two very dirty microfiber towels lol.
I went through a ton of rain. I'd have scratched the hell out of mine if I just detail sprayed it.

But I'm the guy who never parks with the rest. I park it in the back and forget it. Nothing special to see here. haha
Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #23
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Took the car to a detailer today for the 1st time as I always do it myself. Couple hours later he calls me to say there is stuff all over my wheels that won't come off and asked what the previous guy had put on them. I told him he was the only other person beside me that has cleaned my car. Went and picked it up to find my brand new wheels are trashed from the drag strip VHT. Not sure how I'm going to clean them up but figure they are drag wheels anyway and will probably never be perfect again.

Hope yours comes out ok. Looks like I have some work to do.
I never seen VHT damage any wheels before.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:45 PM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

I'm thinking I may need to sue C5 for damage to my wheels from VHT.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:28 AM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post

Well I sprayed the black grime off of them and a film of something was still left. Welds are not coated with anything so it's sort of like a huge waterspot deal except with wavey lines all over.

I have some Chemical Guys Aluminum polish that seems to work on it. Just need to take the time to hit all 4 of them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I'm thinking I may need to sue C5 for damage to my wheels from VHT.
You have to be able to do a burn out first.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:12 AM   #26
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Rain ;-(

Yea Miss Ruby, I pulled out of the pole barn Thursday morning to head to Bowling Green and I had to sit in the street and figure out where the heck my windshield wiper knob was at. I have had mine a little over a year now and that was the first time I had ever driven it in the rain. I detailed it the next week for a car show and I even had water spots on my cold air intake tube. It's all good now my baby is back like she likes to be. All clean and cuddly in the pole barn waiting on pretty days and car shows. WELL WORTH the trouble though, I had a blast at Camaro Fest. Looking forward to #7 (even if it's raining).
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #27
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Had mine nice and detailed before lheading up on Wednesday, of course it started raining as soon as I got to Nashville the rained the rest of the way up. Track day grime from the wet NCM day, drag strip and CamaroCross grime for the remainder then drove it to work 2days the following week. It was a mess. Finally got to clean it up a bit the other day. It will go over to Jason at AutoGlam in Murfreesboro soon. He does a great job and is the only other person I will let clean my car. Hope to get it in before Saturday.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #28
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well I sprayed the black grime off of them and a film of something was still left. Welds are not coated with anything so it's sort of like a huge waterspot deal except with wavey lines all over.

I have some Chemical Guys Aluminum polish that seems to work on it. Just need to take the time to hit all 4 of them up.

You have to be able to do a burn out first.
All our Pro Mods and other race cars have Welds and we generally only race on a heavily prepared surface with no issues like your describing. That being said most of the tracks we race on cut VHT 50/50 with alcohol, which I believe is the norm.