Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
jonathan13

Drives: 2015 Summit White 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingATX View Post
Yup - stock G2's. They have about 4K on them, with one drive on COTA - tread looks about 60% plus or minus.

A good way to test it would be to light up the tires up on purpose in the various modes and see if your car reacts differently in each mode.

I work at a Chevrolet dealership, and I see tons of Stabilitrac and TC warning lights all the time. They definitely aren't shy about coming on if something is wrong, and it seems like anything can set off the warning message. I would think if something was wrong, you would probably have some type of warning on the dash.
jonathan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:22 AM   #16
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
I think it must be false that traction control on = no spin at all. It must just mean that it limits it over time or something?

There thing is you can easily spin them in first on dry pavement for example. However on an icy slope, wheels might not even rotate a degree. So I don't understand how it decides...
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
I have the same issues. I get on it, and the car has to be really out of shape sideways before the nannies help. Pretty clear to me that the computer is set up to keep you from wrecking -- it could care less about whether you are getting the most speed out of the car
^^^^This^^^^^^^

The TC system on this car is the least intrusive out of any sports car of same vintage that I have ever driven. I've concluded that this car is not for your average "1st novice driver" out to buy fun box like a Subaru WRX STi, etc. By todays standards, this car is raw, and should be meant for mature Men and I'm not trying to be silly here. Others have remarked the same when they come for along for a ride..

As for the initial report further up the page, about spinning in 3rd gear, assuming we are talking tires that are not cold, I was only able to engage tire spin in 3rd gear, post cam, and full bolt-on install. This was not the case stock. Again, talking G2 tires that have been warmed up ; ).
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #18
StingATX

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
I really appreciate the feedback. So it sounds like everything is fairly normal. TC working normally is not very invasive and some amount of wheel spin will still occur.
StingATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
I guess you could try to do a donut with TC on. Then turn it off see the difference.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:07 PM   #20
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I have a 2013. I can get a little wheel spin with TC turned on. I can't do a burn out but the computer will let them spin a bit before cutting power. Try doing a burnout with TC on, it really shouldn't let you light them up.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, spin, stabilitrak, traction control