Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to E3 plugs?
Yes 20 20.20%
No 79 79.80%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #15
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Must have stock in the company.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
ha ha no stock in the company... I just went with it and the car feels great!
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #17
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlozano7 View Post
ha ha no stock in the company... I just went with it and the car feels great!
Hmmmm... "feels great" must be a new results driven engineering concept they are teaching these days.

How about some engineering data to back it up?
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #18
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Smoke and mirrors, those plugs won't make any difference.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
cdn2usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
I was tuning a 03 cobra and it was breaking up real bad on the first pull so i went to check the plugs and sure enough these were installed....and them removed for TR6's and the car pulled flawless to 7000rpm without a hiccup
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
gtrules50
Big Pappa

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Here is som info from Michigan Tech on these plugs.

http://www.e3sparkplugstv.com/featur...php?reset=true
gtrules50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #21
Bumble_Bee

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
You do know that electricity will take the path of least resistance and WILL NOT got to mulitple points on a electrode. As said before, it will go to the closest prong and that's it. You should change to different heat range plugs when you are FI'd or running nitrous but the OEM style plug is perfectly fine. The funny thing is, you have these high dollar plugs and typically the best ones are the cheapo NGK copper plugs in stock heat range.
I certainly can't say if the plugs will make a difference, however, I'm an electrical engineer and the statement above is simply not true. There is a quote out of the Floyd Fundamentals book (my favorite pocket reference) that says "The popular notion that current follows the path of least resistance just isn’t true. Current follows the paths of all resistances in proportion to their conductance". If it only followed the path of least resistance there would be no such thing as a parallel circuit...
Bumble_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #22
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post
I certainly can't say if the plugs will make a difference, however, I'm an electrical engineer and the statement above is simply not true. There is a quote out of the Floyd Fundamentals book (my favorite pocket reference) that says "The popular notion that current follows the path of least resistance just isn’t true. Current follows the paths of all resistances in proportion to their conductance". If it only followed the path of least resistance there would be no such thing as a parallel circuit...
While i'm NOT a electrical engineer, I am fairly good with common sense stuff. So from your quote, you're saying that it's possible for a spark plug with mulitple prongs, of the same conductance, to recieve a single ignition spark, all at the same time?

Knowing that a parallel circuit typically recieves a constant amount of power, and wires are typically all the same conductance, you're energizing the entire circuit. Add to that, they are all DIRECTLY CONNECTED to the power source. Take your parallel circuit scenario, and disconnect them from the power source. Now shoot your power across a gap to the waiting circuits and see if all of them get energized. I'll theorize that only one of the circuits will recieve power and i'll theorize that it's the one that's closest to the power source.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #23
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Three prongs just adds two additional areas that carbon deposits can collect on and create hotspots. I'll stick with the single prong factory iridium plugs thank you very much.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #24
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
waste of time and money. they aren't going to improve hp. Plenty of big hp cars out there with stock plugs. Unless they are misfiring, they don't need to be replaced. The aftermarket plug companies want to make you think that. Just like plug wires.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #25
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee View Post
nice reference. And as a, uh, 40'ish year old mechanical engineer, I'd like to see both the new data, and the baseline, reference data
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #26
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
BUMP!

Read the update on the very first post.

(To everyone I doubted) I'm sorry for doubting you all and your plug knowledge. These plugs have good intentions but plain SUCK!
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 05-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #28
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Good to see your result. We've pulled alot of bad ones out in the last year. Just sucks that people actually spent the extra money on them. We run the cheap NGK $2 plugs in all our cars.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote