Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #267
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes this is True.

No I don't think you crossed any lines, I may have and I am sorry.

Regardless of how this was written, I got My Ass Kicked and it reflects on JRE as a Whole company, I dont' think that is fair to my employees who work so hard to uphold the JRE Name, when this is not even 1% of the work that we do in a Year.

Correct me If I am wrong as I recall it was a broken piston when the meth failed to fire at Island, back in 2010, that's when we installed the Forged rods and pistons in the stock engine, it lasted 3 years of continuous Pounding and turning up the power, We added NOS then fried a piston at Indy this year, did a Complete engine upgrade, and took out a piston at Island last Friday, If I missed something let me know.

Again I am truly Sorry.

Yes I did Offer to Repair the Engine and Transmssion at NO Cost, Then he could take it elsewhere and I also offered to support Jamie and work with what ever shop he chooses.

On a Build this intense No One can handle it alone, it took a Team of 7 Guys to get it to this level with 24-7 Support from JRE.

We spoke and Your mind is Made Up and I am OK with that, It doesn't Mean Our Friendship has to end or we can't help you in the future.

It has been an amazing build right from the get go always Setting the BAR higher and Higher.

Sincerely
Ted.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 10-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #268
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Yes this is True.

Regardless of how this was written, I got My Ass Kicked and it reflects on JRE as a Whole company, I dont' think that is fair to my employees who work so hard to uphold the JRE Name, when this is not even 1% of the work that we do in a Year.

Correct me If I am wrong as I recall it was a broken piston when the meth failed to fire at Island, back in 2010, that's when we installed the Forged rods and pistons in the stock engine, it lasted 3 years of continuous Pounding and turning up the power, We added NOS then fried a piston at Indy this year, did a Complete engine upgrade, and took out a piston at Island last Friday, If I missed something let me know.

Again I am truly Sorry.

Yes I did Offer to Repair the Engine and Transmssion at NO Cost, Then he could take it elsewhere and I also offered to support Jamie and work with what ever shop he chooses.

On a Build this intense No One can handle it alone, it took a Team of 7 Guys to get it to this level with 24-7 Support from JRE.

We spoke and Your mind is Made Up and I am OK with that, It doesn't Mean Our Friendship has to end or we can't help you in the future.

It has been an amazing build right from the get go always Setting the BAR higher and Higher.

Sincerely
Ted.
Move your customers to colder plugs -9 or -10.

I still personally feel that dual adder setups take combos into an unknown area, AF, fuel pressure, unneven distribution given the open plenum style intake.

Nitrous is unforgiving.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Old 10-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #269
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Yes this is True.

Again I am truly Sorry.

Sincerely
Ted.
I got all my parts from Ted and even met him and Jamie over the summer. Ted is a very stand up guy and would buy from him again. We all know shit is going to happen when you push the envelope. Glad to see you guys remain friends.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #270
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Deleting threads is just getting plain ridiculous...... it just makes the whole site become advertizing and warm fuzzys. The information provided starts becoming swayed and good decisions can't be made any longer.

Constructive criticism. If no one admits there's a problem, there will never be a solution.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #271
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
I've noticed some vendors/shops don't like it when potential customers ask informed questions.
How true.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #272
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
See, we all can get along. We're all one big family, but we sure as hell ain't happy.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #273
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Yes this is True.

Again I am truly Sorry.

Sincerely
Ted.

Here's my take on the offer above. While it's generous I see it in another light.

Where was this offer on last Fri, Sat,Sun.... I think we get the picture where I'm going. The last email on Monday said this repair would be cheap and easy. Nothing was ever said about being sorry or eating this repair.

It took until I picked up my car and found another shop for this offer to surface. Almost a week later.

I'm sorry, but I see it as only serving a single purpose which is damage control. To me, it's a hollow offer no matter how generous it may be.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #274
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Both Ted and Jamie sound like great, stand-up guys. I have only dealt with Ted for the past few months, but have found him to be extremely knowledgable, very courteous and responsive, and overly cautious with respect to installation and tuning of performance parts. He even admonished me when I made a bonehead move with respect to installing a simple MAP sensor. Of course, most of us do not and will not have the performance ugrades that Jamie has, so I can't speak to the type of relationship that he has had with Ted. But as an average, dare I say "typicial," customer of Ted's, I have had absolutely no complaints. In fact, after the upgrades and tune provided by Ted, I feel like I have finally achieved the performance coupled with reliability that I have sought since I purchased the car. Additionally, Ted has offered to refine his tune once I install my wideband sensor. That's customer service! I cannot imagine that the car will run any better than it does now, but I'm looking forward to working with Ted further. I will definitely continue to do business with JRE.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #275
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Here's my take on the offer above. While it's generous I see it in another light.

Where was this offer on last Fri, Sat,Sun.... I think we get the picture where I'm going. The last email on Monday said this repair would be cheap and easy. Nothing was ever said about being sorry or eating this repair.

It took until I picked up my car and found another shop for this offer to surface. Almost a week later.

I'm sorry, but I see it as only serving a single purpose which is damage control. To me, it's a hollow offer no matter how generous it may be.
Not Hollow, Real!

I am sure there were misunderstandings on both sides, you have a tendency to assume things you and I have had this conversation many times.

Monday was crazy I had Wolcott high school here on a tour, I had dyno tuning to do and hundreds of Email.

As soon as I found out the piston was burned I had Nick next day air order the parts to fix it, and told you what I found.

I had no intention of charging you I was just talking about the job itself, I also said I was going to look at the trans again never said anything about charging you, this was an assumption on your part, there was no discussion of Money EVER.

Your response was Your Quiting and parting out the car, what was I to say?

I responded with I really want to fix this for you which is copy pasted from the email.

You were all fired up which is understandable, and You said NO the car makes me miserable I'm Done I have a Family to worry about.

I get that.

Love you.
Ted.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #276
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

I've asked politely previously not to start pointing fingers. I would like to keep it that way. In doing so, I'm going to simply limit my comments to my current car troubles. I've lost 2 motors in two months. I don't think just fixing what is broken and trying again is a good solution for me. I think I would benefit from other points of view. Just like getting a second opinion from a doctor. Not one individual holds the answers to all of life's problems, not that popping a motor is that important in the grand scheme of things, so it's good to hear from other with experience in specific areas.

I hope that I am going to be able to develop a relationship with Don and Slowhawk Performance. I'm sure that he will have different ideas, thoughts, views, and methods on what will get the car back together.

Will stuff break, of course it will, this isn't a car to drive to church, but it's how things are handled when the smoke clears that is of utmost importance to me.

Car is loaded and ready for a little road trip. I can't thank Don enough for postponing the start of his 10 year anniversary wknd to wait for us to get him the car. His wife must hate me already! Lol
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #277
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Nice truck!! At least that's running properly, or is there something you're not telling us?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #278
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Nice truck!! At least that's not broken, or is there something you're not telling us?
Modded by Gale Banks...hahaha
Old 10-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #279
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Nice truck!! At least that's not broken, or is there something you're not telling us?
Too small, needs to be lowered and bigger....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #280
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Too small, needs to be lowered and bigger....
Trucks go up in CT not down you fool! Remember what snow is!!

Anyway, why are you stalking me when you have the biggest event of your life about to start? You must really miss me!

Good luck with the 5280!!!!

Closed Thread