Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #295
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
do you guys think it is safe to assume that there will be GM factory parts for the back up camera that will be out soon since the 2012's will have that as an option? Maybe something that will fit in that space where I have the removable black plastic cap sitting right now?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #296
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger80 View Post
do you guys think it is safe to assume that there will be GM factory parts for the back up camera that will be out soon since the 2012's will have that as an option? Maybe something that will fit in that space where I have the removable black plastic cap sitting right now?
Probably, but why wait?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #297
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Probably, but why wait?
because if there is a Camera that will just fit into that empty space without having to screw anything in and a mirror that is meant for the car I would prefer to go that route, I am not in a huge hurry for this mod so I can wait and see at least
Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #298
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by usranger80 View Post
because if there is a Camera that will just fit into that empty space without having to screw anything in and a mirror that is meant for the car I would prefer to go that route, I am not in a huge hurry for this mod so I can wait and see at least
The mirror is meant for the car and this is the one on the new 2012's, it's the camera that is slightly different. For me I used 3m tape, worse case, I'll swap out the camera.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #299
usranger80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
The mirror is meant for the car and this is the one on the new 2012's, it's the camera that is slightly different. For me I used 3m tape, worse case, I'll swap out the camera.
Ok, did not know that about the mirror, it was gonna be a few months for me to do this mod anyway so by then I will know about the camera. thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #300
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Hey all, Since I have this installed for awhile now and LOVE IT!. I was wondering about those green,yellow,red lines used for distance. Is tho on on certain mirrors? Mine is just a clear color image...
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #301
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
Hey all, Since I have this installed for awhile now and LOVE IT!. I was wondering about those green,yellow,red lines used for distance. Is tho on on certain mirrors? Mine is just a clear color image...
That depends on what camera you buy. Mine has a switch to turn them on or off. It also has a switch to reverse the image or see it normally.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #302
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Thanks, so its in the camera...I have the sony xaR800 or something like that. So I don't have that option.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #303
ccwicks

Drives: 2011 Camaro, 1968 Camaro Conv
Hi - new to the forum and great writeup. I just received a Gentex OEM mirror off of a 2012 Camaro Convertible - it looks plain with 3 buttons (Onstar ones) and it has the original 10 pin connector. So...it sounded strange but sure enough, I opened it up and there is a monitor built into the mirror. If so, then this would eliminate the connector concern leveraging the OEM one but it has to be wired somehow differently? The inside of the mirror uses all 10 wires/pins. Any thoughts? What is the 4th botton on the left of the mirrors you guys are using?
ccwicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #304
Vikas2k

Drives: '12 Camaro LS V6 6MT, '09 CX9 GT
The fourth button is to turn the LCD power on/off.

Well first of all you have the mirror, but you didn't mention about the camera feed from the reverse camera? Also, if your car already has the reverse signal in the front, you may not need to bring the reverse signal to the mirror. Some LS owners have reported that and they had to bring the reverse signal from elsewhere.

EDIT: Just noticed the post above is from Feb of this year. <Smacks head to the wall>
Vikas2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #305
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
This looks like a great mod !! PMed Ofer to get parts. Is there a GM kit for this mod now?
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #306
N9142Z

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Has anyone done this mod using the Gentex 983 mirror instead of the Gentex 657. The Gentex 983 is the OEM mirror for the 2012 with backup camera. Looks like the wiring is different but uses the same A10 connector. Anyone?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #307
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9142Z View Post
Has anyone done this mod using the Gentex 983 mirror instead of the Gentex 657. The Gentex 983 is the OEM mirror for the 2012 with backup camera. Looks like the wiring is different but uses the same A10 connector. Anyone?

It should work..but its a gm-wan mirror. It gets the signal that the car is in reverse from the sw low speed can bus.

I'm actually working on the mirror myself. But in my application I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the gm-lan connection and trigger the lcd via a 12v high. This is because i want to use the lcd for navigation. And i don't plan on driving everywhere in reverse..lol

But for strictly a backup cam just tap into the sw-can. Hint pin 1 on obd2

I'll. Post what I find once I have time to dig into it.

Pin 1 Dark Green: Low speed GM LAN This wire is Light Green without camera: Backup Lamp signal

Pin 2 Pink: Ignition Voltage

Pin 3 Dark Green/White: OnStar Keypad Signal (UE1)

Pin 4 -Light Green/Black: OnStar Keypad Supply Voltage (UE1)

Pin 5 Black: Ground

Pin 6 Pink with camera: Camera video signal (+) Without camera: Yellow/Black: OnStar Keypad Green LED Signal

Pin 7 Light Blue with camera: camera video signal (-) Without camera: Brown/White: Keypad Red LED Signal (UE1)

Pin 8 Pink: Low reference

Pin 9 Gray: Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal

Pin 10 Red/White: Battery with camera
Old 08-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #308
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
which one?

Is this the write up on the gentex 983???? Ive been dying to make a move on but lack enough info to know which wires go where if so!!! I want it to be multipurpose for navi as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
It should work..but its a gm-wan mirror. It gets the signal that the car is in reverse from the sw low speed can bus.

I'm actually working on the mirror myself. But in my application I'm trying to figure out how to bypass the gm-lan connection and trigger the lcd via a 12v high. This is because i want to use the lcd for navigation. And i don't plan on driving everywhere in reverse..lol

But for strictly a backup cam just tap into the sw-can. Hint pin 1 on obd2

I'll. Post what I find once I have time to dig into it.

Pin 1 Dark Green: Low speed GM LAN This wire is Light Green without camera: Backup Lamp signal

Pin 2 Pink: Ignition Voltage

Pin 3 Dark Green/White: OnStar Keypad Signal (UE1)

Pin 4 -Light Green/Black: OnStar Keypad Supply Voltage (UE1)

Pin 5 Black: Ground

Pin 6 Pink with camera: Camera video signal (+) Without camera: Yellow/Black: OnStar Keypad Green LED Signal

Pin 7 Light Blue with camera: camera video signal (-) Without camera: Brown/White: Keypad Red LED Signal (UE1)

Pin 8 Pink: Low reference

Pin 9 Gray: Automatic Day/Night Mirror Signal

Pin 10 Red/White: Battery with camera

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote