Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 AM   #351
cosmin haraga

Drives: AlfaRomeo 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mouse View Post
The amount of misinformation or no information is staggering. GM placed blood in shark infested waters by allowing the pre orders. We have all shown our faith in this product by putting our money down without seeing what we were getting. Dealers have no pictures, no brochures, no color chips and no description or knowledge of options or accessories. We have supported this vehicle because we love the car! This community has done the job of the GM promotions department on its own. If not for constant searching and questions by members on the Camaro forums, dealers and consumers alike would know nothing. The Chevy/Camaro website has not been updated since before the pre order. Many dealers are still kept in the dark. Auto shows should be at the bottom of the list as far as priorities go. Ironing out last minute details for production and informing the dealers and BUYING public should be at the top. GM has come up with a beautiful car! I hope we all have the opportunity to own one.

I totaly subscribe.
There is no decent information, not even on final designs, much less on anything else.
Nothing on accesories.
I went silver v6, but I want it fully accesorisied, so I'm still not sure how much extra I have to pay, or whether I'll see it sooner or later. First they say they'll do v8, than v6, than v6 standard for dealers, how hard can it be to make up ones mind?

Are they even aware that the new Mustang is coming out??? Have you seen their car builder??? The engines are poor , but everything else is better, for a far smaller price.

Maybe they can have a mustang killer without a new mustang out, but I sure like to see my camaro beggining of summer 09, there isn't much joy in the middle of winter09.
cosmin haraga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:34 AM   #352
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmin haraga View Post

I totaly subscribe.
There is no decent information, not even on final designs, much less on anything else.
Nothing on accesories.
I went silver v6, but I want it fully accesorisied, so I'm still not sure how much extra I have to pay, or whether I'll see it sooner or later. First they say they'll do v8, than v6, than v6 standard for dealers, how hard can it be to make up ones mind?

Are they even aware that the new Mustang is coming out??? Have you seen their car builder??? The engines are poor , but everything else is better, for a far smaller price.

Maybe they can have a mustang killer without a new mustang out, but I sure like to see my camaro beggining of summer 09, there isn't much joy in the middle of winter09.
seriously?
I suggest you do some searching.
There is plenty of information on the accessories all you have to do is look. Like fbodfather said, there is more information about this car than any other car in history before production.
Take a look at this
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8107
Old 01-11-2009, 04:59 AM   #353
cosmin haraga

knew that!!
is it to much to ask for a decent car builder and a colours that much the cars?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 AM   #354
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
knew that!!
is it to much to ask for a decent car builder and a colours that much the cars?
A car builder will probably be made when production starts. The mustang car builder is for the 2009 model not the 2010 so there really is no comparing since there isn't and won't be a 2009 Camaro.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #355
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
...Are they even aware that the new Mustang is coming out??? Have you seen their car builder??? The engines are poor , but everything else is better, for a far smaller price.

the mustangs ain't priced that much lower, and the camaro drivetrain, suspension, chassis, and numerous other components are definitely superior to the mustang. just about everyone who's been able to drive both cars have all attested to that.

as stated at the beginning of this thread, the people who've already ordered their cars will have them by this fall. there'll even be ones on dealer lots late this spring available to purchase, at least here. i don't know about european sales, but they can't be that much farther behind. besides, this is a 2010 model. we're getting it months before they quit making 2009 models. this is reason to celebrate!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #356
cosmin haraga

than there is at least some good news.
my order is around 2000, i placed end of october in canada. no european waiting for me, it will probably come to europe 2011 after they put a 2l diesel engine, yes I know how that sounds.
and even then the pricing and luxury tax will be a killer as it will move it on par with a masserati.
a mustang here is 50000$ witout 15-20000 ecotax so ...
Old 01-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #357
Chevy Jim

Drives: Chevelle 67 prostreet
Question

This question is for Scott - Fbodfather. would you happen to know if the Camaro will be on display at the NY Auto show in April?. Thank you for all your advices on the status of the car!!. Jim
Chevy Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #358
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Jim View Post
This question is for Scott - Fbodfather. would you happen to know if the Camaro will be on display at the NY Auto show in April?. Thank you for all your advices on the status of the car!!. Jim
you will get a quicker answer if you PM him.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #359
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

I totaly subscribe.
Nothing on accesories.

Uhhh...I wouldn't tell us to "Read the thread," I would suggest that you "Read this entire website."
Old 01-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #360
Chevy Jim

Drives: Chevelle 67 prostreet
[QUOTE=in a hurry;242869]you will get a quicker answer if you PM him.[/QUOT Not to sound dumb how do i PM him?. Thanks Jim
Chevy Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #361
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Honestly I have to say I'm more then just a little disappointed. I have pre-ordered a 2SS/RS (June 08) from a small dealer with 2 maro's allocated to them....so I was told. I was their first order so based on this info I should get my car. However, a Sept or Oct delivery date is unacceptable, as stated by others in the snowy north, I will get the car just in time to store it for the winter....WTF!
I'm not jumping the gun to cancel my order but if June comes and goes and I don't have it, then most likely I will cancel and continue to save my money towards a 2011 or perhaps a Z06. This car is a "like to have" not a "need to have".

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #362
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Honestly I have to say I'm more then just a little disappointed. I have pre-ordered a 2SS/RS (June 08) from a small dealer with 2 maro's allocated to them....so I was told. I was their first order so based on this info I should get my car. However, a Sept or Oct delivery date is unacceptable, as stated by others in the snowy north, I will get the car just in time to store it for the winter....WTF!
I'm not jumping the gun to cancel my order but if June comes and goes and I don't have it, then most likely I will cancel and continue to save my money towards a 2011 or perhaps a Z06. This car is a "like to have" not a "need to have".
This makes no sense.. So just because you have to store it for the winter which devoids you of 1 month or so of driving you are willing to wait for a 2011 or Z06? Well, at the very least you will get the HUD option if you do cancel and purchase later.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #363
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
This makes no sense.. So just because you have to store it for the winter which devoids you of 1 month or so of driving you are willing to wait for a 2011 or Z06? Well, at the very least you will get the HUD option if you do cancel and purchase later.
If he's 45 min from the factory, he's within a reasonable distance of me. It's a little more than a month that the car will be put away. Pretty much right after Halloween it closes on hibernation time. In my case, there will most likely be a 4 month window, mid-Nov to mid-March, where it'll be put away. Granted there will be bright, dry, clear days in between where the car will make its way out of my garage- but certainly not enough to justify paying for those four months as the first four I own the car. That is unacceptable to me too.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #364
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Odd, since the official pre-ordering began in the fall . . . Anyway, you say you were the first to order an SS from that dealership? You should be getting one relatively early then.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote