Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #29
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
Yes you can lol.....
After seemingly clearing up the issue you now confuse it. lol

That is Synergy Series.... That has nothing to do with the discussion.

Not the Synergy Package.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #30
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
The 2011 Synergy Series is a package.

It's not the 2010 Synegy Green Metallic Special Edition but it is a package that you can't get on any other Camaro.

Here is the package info from Becky.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...Synergy+Series
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #31
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
No. Not for a long time, anyway. Rare colors do not necessarily make cars more valuable. With the right option packages, they do, especially when combined with their overall desirability and build quantity. But those things come apparent years down the line--if my dad had known his '69 RS/SS was going to be the delight of a Mecum auction 30 years later, he would have held on to it.

Example for current cars: We're 14 years out from when the 1997 Camaro was introduced. 1997 was a transition year for the new 4th gen interior as well as the last year for the LT1. There were a lot of mid-year changes resulting in some conceivably 'rare' cars.

I'll use my old '97 as an example. It was an early '97 (build 8/96, I think) and was one of only a few hundred cars to be painted Medium Quasar Blue Metallic for the '97 year. The color was discontinued indefinitely, in fact, most dealers maintain that it wasn't an option for the Camaro in 1997 and I don't believe it was listed in the majority of sales brochures, either. Additionally, it had the new interior (but same steering wheel as the '93-'96 cars) but in a mid-year change, they went from analog odometers to digital odometers. So, I had the new interior but with an analog odometer and trip meter, and orange gauge needles instead of the deeper red ones found on LS1 cars. Very few 1997 Camaros were built this way.

But, even 14 years later, the car is still worth what any old 1997 Camaro is worth because nobody cares or nobody has given enough sentiment or value to these rarities to make them worth anything. Mine, specifically, is sitting in a junkyard.

Same thing with the 1993 Camaro. It utilizes a different auto transmission than the '94+ cars, was available in some limited quanitity color options, and was the only 4th gen model year to include unique yellow dash/interior lighting and gray switch knobs. But those cars aren't worth any more than any other old, trashed, 1993 Camaro...
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
luvmy88

Drives: '18 HBM 1SS 6m
rarety dosen't allways equal valuable, I bet the 4cyl 3rd gen is the rarest of it's generation, but I don't think it's valuable.
luvmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #33
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy88 View Post
rarety dosen't allways equal valuable, I bet the 4cyl 3rd gen is the rarest of it's generation, but I don't think it's valuable.
there was a 4cyl 3rd gen? Watch history repeat itself with the 6th gen.

I'd hate to see that happen, but trust me there will be a market for people that want a sporty looking car that gets good mileage when gas hits $8/gal in 5 years.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
alini

Drives: 2016 Camaro Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
As I said no Synergy Pakage camaros for 2011.

That list is for the green color not the package.
There is a Synergy Series for 2011 I have one Four colors, White, Black, Grey and Red.
1937 Chevy truck. Full custom. Build in work
https://www.teamalini.com
alini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Rare Camaros

Only time will tell. But, I think mine is pretty rare. According to the spasticsuirrel database. Mine was 1 of 5 2010s that was made with ABM/grey, No RS, manual, sunroof, no stripes. Only two of those five had the optional polished 20" rims. Mine and one that went to NJ. Also I have the GM chicklets, GM Performance Division plate, and NO backup sensors. #42021
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #36
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
there was a 4cyl 3rd gen? Watch history repeat itself with the 6th gen.

I'd hate to see that happen, but trust me there will be a market for people that want a sporty looking car that gets good mileage when gas hits $8/gal in 5 years.
The third gen 4cyl Camaro made 90 hp with the 2.5 Iron Duke.
Since that car had to be driven at WOT all the time, I doubt you would buy one for the MPG benefit of a 4cyl.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #37
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
ABM is certainly rare around here.I think I've got the only one in my county. ABM,black interior,l99,sunroof,2ss/rs,chicklets,GM performance badging underhood.#40543. Time will only tell if it will make it worth more or not.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #38
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Only time will tell. But, I think mine is pretty rare. According to the spasticsuirrel database. Mine was 1 of 5 2010s that was made with ABM/grey, No RS, manual, sunroof, no stripes. Only two of those five had the optional polished 20" rims. Mine and one that went to NJ. Also I have the GM chicklets, GM Performance Division plate, and NO backup sensors. #42021
During the XXX Drive in car show I asked FBODFather about the interior numbers. He informed me dont trust numbers on interior color. Trust the color, trans, engine as far as what interior and how many who knows. Reason I asked him is that I saw a number that showed 3 Synergy Green Camaro LS's with Gray interior.
As far as value, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For most and this has been beaten to death. The V8 will be considered the money getter. Saying this I didnt buy my car for future gain. I bought it because I love the 5th gen body style. I did not care if it was rare or that it would not take top dollar at a Mecham or some other car auction.
To me if I were purchasing for future value based on what is currently available. It would be the 1SS Manual anything other than black or white. Please dont be offended by this its only my opinion not fact. This thought is based on me looking at five states to find my SGM V6. It was tough to find a 1SS let alone a 1SS with a Manual. I could not afford it so I went V6 Auto because of military disability. I really wanted a manual but my wife drilled into my head my ability to drive with a bad left knee.
Sorry for the long post just my thoughts.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #39
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
During the XXX Drive in car show I asked FBODFather about the interior numbers. He informed me dont trust numbers on interior color. Trust the color, trans, engine as far as what interior and how many who knows. Reason I asked him is that I saw a number that showed 3 Synergy Green Camaro LS's with Gray interior.
As far as value, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For most and this has been beaten to death. The V8 will be considered the money getter. Saying this I didnt buy my car for future gain. I bought it because I love the 5th gen body style. I did not care if it was rare or that it would not take top dollar at a Mecham or some other car auction.
To me if I were purchasing for future value based on what is currently available. It would be the 1SS Manual anything other than black or white. Please dont be offended by this its only my opinion not fact. This thought is based on me looking at five states to find my SGM V6. It was tough to find a 1SS let alone a 1SS with a Manual. I could not afford it so I went V6 Auto because of military disability. I really wanted a manual but my wife drilled into my head my ability to drive with a bad left knee.
Sorry for the long post just my thoughts.
Scott also says not trust spasticsuirrel either but, we don't have access to any other database. I didn't make my purchase based on future value. I have owned 4 other Camaros and really just wanted something unique without modding the piss out of it. Thats what I ended up with.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #40
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
what about the bumblebee camaro it is going to be a collection car sooner i think

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
My VIN not listed

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #42
Tn4thGen

Drives: 2017 Camaro
ZL1 anybody? I think that will be rare if they limit the production on them.
Tn4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote