Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-29-2008, 01:08 AM   #29
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
I'm sure that the fog lights will be halogen bulbs. Here is how I think they will be. This is just my opinion, using common sence....

non RS cars - Halogen headlights, Halogen fog lights, Headlights being DRL and able to shut off just like the new silverado. Just turn the lights off after you shift into drive and all lights go off.

RS cars - HID headlights with halo lights, halogen fog lights, Halos and fog lights will prolly be DRL. Turn all lights off just like above. Doubt that the halo lights will have a diffrent switch but they may stay on after you shut the car off and go off in a set time kinda like when you hit the remote unlock/lock.

Like I said, just my opinion using common sence about how the lights will work so dont take it to the bank.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #30
djm96z28

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS LS3
Glad to hear you'll be able to turn off the DRL's. That's especially good on the non RS cars - hate when the headlights are the DRL's. They should have been the parking lights.
djm96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #31
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Its already been confirmed that the turn signals will serve as DRLs for Non-RS cars.

At least I'm 99% sure of this.

And by sheer nature, DRLs shouldn't be able to be turned off. Otherwise they wouldn't be DRLs.
- Xanthos

P.S. - Before I get flamed, the point of DRLs is so that you have lights that can't be accidentally turned off - a safety feature in case you go through a dark tunnel or the like.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #32
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Its already been confirmed that the turn signals will serve as DRLs for Non-RS cars.

And by sheer nature, DRLs shouldn't be able to be turned off. Otherwise they wouldn't be DRLs.
- Xanthos

P.S. - Before I get flamed, the point of DRLs is so that you have lights that can't be accidentally turned off - a safety feature in case you go through a dark tunnel or the like.
DRL's are a safety feature to improve visibility. So other, apparently blind, drivers notice you easier. If they can't see a car coming, they shouldn't be on the road...

I defeat the DRL's whenever I can.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post

Headlights. Unless I missed something...
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #34
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Headlights. Unless I missed something...
Looking over the HeatheR shots again, I think you're correct... This saddens me. :( :( :( :( :( :(
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #35
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyer View Post
I've noticed that the Camero and C5 Corvette have almost identical foglamp designs with the exception that the cameros have the bulb mounted from the underside.

Does anyone have an output pic (against a wall) of the patten of your foglights?

If i can get a set of Camero fogs to work on my vette, I will be most pleased.

thanks.
I never understood why it bothers me to see Camaro spelled Camero
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foglights, hid