Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #29
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Drives: 2022 Ram 1500
lol, you would think they would test it..... but they didn't last time.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Decepticon "Darksteel" - 9/28/12 - 6/29/22
InfidelSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
lol, you would think they would test it..... but they didn't last time.
Yea that why I said that"..
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #31
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

just dropped the car off to be fixed again per my GM rep that is handling my case.
I showed them the video and all they could say was "holy ...." so I am now driving a rental.

I also called my rep yesterday to show him the video and he says he won't be able to view it cause its on YouTube and he isn't allowed on that site per GM, I just hope he looks at it at home or on his phone to see my side of the situation.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #32
MARINE1991

Quote:
just dropped the car off to be fixed again per my GM rep that is handling my case.
I showed them the video and all they could say was "holy ...." so I am now driving a rental.

I also called my rep yesterday to show him the video and he says he won't be able to view it cause its on YouTube and he isn't allowed on that site per GM, I just hope he looks at it at home or on his phone to see my side of the situation.
I would have them do the test before you take car back if not fixed leave it there and file a Bbb complaint and gm complaint and if you can seek a lawyer...
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #33
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
I'm in the process of a buy back right now with mine. My new 13 is on order. with a buy back, there is no fee for mileage. If you lemon law it and take money over a vehicle exchange, then there is a $.10/mile pleasurable driving fee that they deduct from the check that you are cut.

If you opt to take a replacement vehicle, there is no fee assigned. I only have to pay the difference between the window sticker price on my 12 with the window sticker price on the 13.
Perhaps the laws differ in various states, but in Tx they can charge a milage fee and tried to on my last lemon. Luckily I kept the documentation showing that I had reported the problem at the 500 mile oil change. Without that documentation I would have been stuck with 15k worth of miles that I would have had to cover in addition to the cost between sticker prices. It took 3 weeks for me to get through the process. Part of this was because it was a SAAB and I could not go back into a SAAB so I had to switch to some other GM product.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #34
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaynard View Post
Perhaps the laws differ in various states, but in Tx they can charge a mileage fee and tried to on my last lemon. Luckily I kept the documentation showing that I had reported the problem at the 500 mile oil change. Without that documentation I would have been stuck with 15k worth of miles that I would have had to cover in addition to the cost between sticker prices. It took 3 weeks for me to get through the process. Part of this was because it was a SAAB and I could not go back into a SAAB so I had to switch to some other GM product.
In MN, the law is very specific. If the lemon law process is followed and concluded, the consumer has the choice between vehicle or reimbursement. If the consumer chooses a replacement vehicle, the manufacturer can not charge a pleasurable driving fee. If the consumer chooses money, then the fee applies.

Note: I had just made the initial BBB complaint on mine and was far from having a lemon law resolution. GM offered the new vehicle almost immediately after I filed the initial complaint. They are taking good care of me.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #35
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Got an update from the dealership... after I called them.

They looked at it and determined it is the door seal (AGAIN) and ordered a new one. New seal will be in tomorrow and they will replace it, test it, and have me there when they test it again to ensure it is fixed.

Still havent heard back from the GM Rep about the video I told him to watch, he probably didnt bother.

In the mean time I am driving a Chevrolet Impala rental car that drives like a boat, I cant wait to get my car back.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #36
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
right there with ya....

visit 1: overspray all over the car....hood, roof, trunk almost looks like it had stripes on it at one point but why its an LS?)....15 miles...no idea how it got there according to GM or dealer...
(probably because you staged it by the open door of the body shop until you sold it.........)

visit 2: remove the swirl marks you put in the car taking out the overspray (day 1 for new employee who had NO experience detailing or polising)

visit 3: remove dirt ( sand or something in the paint) and runs in the pillars. specified i didnt want to return.....go over with a fine tune comb......i get the runs taken out and more swirls. I look at it....I say "WTF is this!!" dealer hates me at this point.....I don't care anymore.

visit 4: remove more runs in the paint, ( seems like every time i wash and detail it i find more..........returned....swirls......supprised?

darn car looks like a spirial galaxy with 1500 miles on it

call GM.....someone from Pakistan answers, after i get through the language issue they document it for upscaling.
call back to make sure....no documentation or record of my call....state story to escelate all over again get a serv req number...

Rep calls....local rep......cant speak english ...yells at me for not taking the car in again after the rep told me not to and WHY ON EARTH would i want to take my car back to that same dealer after above stated?

its a friggin mess.....repaint my car already or just give me another one...

30+ years of all family members owning GM products and I think i should have bought a Mustang.

sad......

thats just the paint issues....i didnt state the flat tires from bad seals, water leaks as others have stated....some grinding while making right turns in 1st gear....windows deciding they dont want to go up all the way when they do the roll down roll up when opening.

car has 1546 miles on it.....2012 made 2 payments.

government motors IMO is a major epic fail

If any car is a lemon, mine certinaly is...and im ready to return it right through the showroom window.

I give them 30 days.....sounds fair right....thats a lot of time considering how much i spent, and how long it takes them to fix it.

Last chance GM.

Last edited by SirZeusor; 07-31-2012 at 06:05 PM.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #37
MARINE1991

Old 08-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
just stopped by the dealership about an hour
ago, part is on back order. car is sitting in a maintenance bay all by its lonesome. so nothing new to report yet.

my GM rep did call and said he looked at the video I told him about. hr didn't sound concerned at all. oh well. last time only took a week to get the same part and it was on back order then too.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #39
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Angry GOT MY CAR BACK!

So I get a call at 4 today saying that my car is FIXED!

I rush to go get it like always. Talk to the rep about what was done and get the keys. I am so happy to get my car that I bite my tongue over the grease and hand prints all over the passenger side of my car, figure I was going to wash my car anyway why bring up even more nontrivial issues.

I get my car home and proceed to wash the car.... and I open the passenger door to see a puddle of water on the floor............ SO NOT FIXED! UGH! Looks like I will be going to the BBB after work tomorrow, they were closed today since I didnt pick up my car til almost 6PM.

In addition to the still leaking door I find a smear of yellow paint, yes PAINT! on the passenger side rear bumper! WTH, I was able to buff it out since it was really fresh but geez.

Oh, and lets not forget all the specs of rust that are appearing all over my car, to include on the plastic bumper and spoiler. Still waiting on a GM regional rep to stop by the dealership to take a look at it... I will try and get a video of it tomorrow when the lighting is better.

So, long story short..... LEMON LAW HERE I COME!

Thank you everyone for your advise and input, it is greatly appreciated and will be put to good use.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #40
MARINE1991

Quote:
So I get a call at 4 today saying that my car is FIXED!

I rush to go get it like always. Talk to the rep about what was done and get the keys. I am so happy to get my car that I bite my tongue over the grease and hand prints all over the passenger side of my car, figure I was going to wash my car anyway why bring up even more nontrivial issues.

I get my car home and proceed to wash the car.... and I open the passenger door to see a puddle of water on the floor............ SO NOT FIXED! UGH! Looks like I will be going to the BBB after work tomorrow, they were closed today since I didnt pick up my car til almost 6PM.

In addition to the still leaking door I find a smear of yellow paint, yes PAINT! on the passenger side rear bumper! WTH, I was able to buff it out since it was really fresh but geez.

Oh, and lets not forget all the specs of rust that are appearing all over my car, to include on the plastic bumper and spoiler. Still waiting on a GM regional rep to stop by the dealership to take a look at it... I will try and get a video of it tomorrow when the lighting is better.

So, long story short..... LEMON LAW HERE I COME!

Thank you everyone for your advise and input, it is greatly appreciated and will be put to good use.
I told you to do the test there... oh well you don't have to go there file on line... Would also ask an attorney if you can might go faster for you...
Old 08-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #41
InfidelSpartan
Army Military Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
I told you to do the test there... oh well you don't have to go there file on line... Would also ask an attorney if you can might go faster for you...
I would have, but I was about 30 seconds from having to pick up my keys from the sales department. All but 2 people had gone home for the day by the time I got to the dealership so I couldnt do the test there.

2013 2LT/RS BRM
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
MARINE1991

It's cool just when it started leaking again I would have hammer the advisor for being a dumbass.... anyway file on line you don't have to go there, you need to talk to the general manager and service manager and also call gm up figure out how to get a new car... You are going to have seriouse issues down the road... I'm sure you will get a buy back, but if for some reason you don't trade that pos in for another... just tell them you wanted to change cars...