Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #29
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
This new car has the power to make up for the weight and with the magnetic ride , it sounds like a heck of a track car and thus should be named Z/28 end of story. JMO A man can dream cant he??
Old 01-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
This new car has the power to make up for the weight and with the magnetic ride , it sounds like a heck of a track car and thus should be named Z/28 end of story. JMO A man can dream cant he??
Maybe we're drinking the same Koolaid, as they say

I think that CAMARO line-up is seriously lacking when Z28 is not included. I definately get the feeling that GM won't just stick Z28 on any CAMARO. If what they've done with LS/LT/SS is any indication, I'm certain Z28 will hit another home run.

Koolaid is good

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #31
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post

I think that CAMARO line-up is seriously lacking when Z28 is not included. I definately get the feeling that GM won't just stick Z28 on any CAMARO. If what they've done with LS/LT/SS is any indication, I'm certain Z28 will hit another home run.

Koolaid is good
Yes it is!!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysno1 View Post
At and old age, I remember what the Z 28 and SS represented in the old days. The Z28 was track handling car, the SS was the big engine Highperformance car.So the big horse power Camaro should be SC SS and hold Z28 name for lighter generation 6 Camaro, with Hi Performance generation V small block, to compete with the Bose 302 Mustang.
Yes, but the SS was only good in straight lines. I want a car that handles as good as it goes.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #33
chevysno1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra crew cab
the picture

Quote:

Koolaid is good
Fellows just look at picture, Gm is testing with Cobra Mustang 500.
chevysno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post

Quote:

Koolaid is good
Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #35
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Should we wait several more years, though? I, personally, don't think it's necessary. This chassis is plenty capable, IMO. Why can't we have big weight, big power, and excellent handling. A lot of people are dismissing this car as being a good Z28 candidate without even know details of the car. We're all speculating, but is it really fair to totally dismiss it?

I'm right with Ya Radz. There is a certain amount of physics involved in making something with more weight go around a curve, but the mag-ride is an excellent solution I would think.

There's nothing wrong with having a BEASTLY Fifth Gen Z-28 and then later, when everything swaps platforms, a lighter and therefore more nimble sixth gen as well.

Heck, I just want to know what day to show up to order it.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #36
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I know weight is supposed to be the enemy of performance, but I feel that proper ballance, spring/shock rates, grip and feel through the wheel can overcome the extra poundage that the Gen5 carries. I had "Pedderized" my '05 GTO with coilovers, swaybars and poly bushings, and boieee, let me tell you, that car was seriously transformed! Tight control, quick reflexes, and a very secure feeling that only a 3800lb car can have. My Z06 is very capable, but it also gets tossed around by road irregularities. The Goat felt more like a high performance tank, resistant to almost anything the road threw at it.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:05 PM   #37
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I wonder if anything exciting will come out of the Chicago Auto Show?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #38
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I wonder if anything exciting will come out of the Chicago Auto Show?
Since I'm attending, I really really really really (really) hope so. My guess is a NY debut though.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it won't be that long until the Chicago show.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm still thinking it'll be around summer time before we get any substiantial word from GM. I don't think it'll be a complete breakdown of the car, but maybe an official annoucement when it'll be released or something. I hope we see it sooner though!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Hmmmm http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125876
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:16 AM   #41
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I've got a feeling we're going to be going through threads like that for every major autoshow until GM actually announces the Z28
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #42
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Since I'm attending, I really really really really (really) hope so. My guess is a NY debut though.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, it won't be that long until the Chicago show.
There's been enough internet chatter suggesting Chicago..., however NY is in the spring and GM puts it's products on Wall Street for live NY TV venues to show off the rides. NY rules the advertising and media airwaves. They had a section of street closed off and drove the cars up, the Camaro included last year. I saw that and was impressed. I'm betting on watching TV and seeing it live on the Today show and/or other NY media/news channels the first day of the NY show. Just my .02 worth..ok, now back to your regularly scheduled programming......
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote