Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Yea but the hard part is replicating the sound. Mines going in the shop tomorrow. With my luck I'll have to ride with a 95 year old service man with a hearing aid on a smooth surface who can't even hear me talking to him. I'll download a squeak put it on a cd, put it in the cd player and crank it up on repeat.

"Well sunny sounds like its coming from the speakers"

Yea I bet.

We'll see I'll keep y'all updated.
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #30
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hopefully everything gets taken care of for you eastwood. Thanks for keeping us updated. Kahdir, could you also keep us up on your trip to the dealer as well? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #31
eastwoodisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hopefully everything gets taken care of for you eastwood. Thanks for keeping us updated. Kahdir, could you also keep us up on your trip to the dealer as well? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
I took it into the dealer early this morning. I took it in for:
The struggle to go into 2nd gear.
The parking brake feeling as if it took to much force to make it grab (maybe the previous owner drove the car a bit with it up?)
The transmission clanking when depressing the clutch at low speeds.
The rear bumper having rub spots in the paint from the body panels shifting.
The driver side leather seat having a flap that came unclipped.
The brakes squeeking.
And finally a periodic whine from the transmission on downshift.

I don't know exactly what they are going to warranty. I bought the car with the Cherry Bomb exhaust already installed. They keep saying "we'll have to see what else has been modified"

They called me back this evening to let me know that even though I brought it by bright and early as soon as they opened, they haven't had a chance to look at anything but the parking brake??!??!?!? great. And that there's a TSB on the transmission and that it would take a week for the parts to come in but they havent even looked at it yet?! confusion

And thank you for your time and concern Jeff
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #32
eastwoodisme

Maybe the second time is a charm?

So I get a call from the dealership early yesterday morning being told that everything has been fixed!

So I go and pick up the car and take it around the block. Feels like it was fixed!!!

So 25 miles and a few warmer degress later it starts doing the exact same thing again!!!!

Back in tomorrow morning. He said that they'll just have to "dig a little deeper" this time. Wow
Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #33
NCIRONMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just searched for transmission squeak and got this thread. Having a similar issue. It squeaks at low speeds. Pretty sure its not the brakes. It stops when I put my foot on the gas and stops when shift to neutral while moving. Seems to be worse (or more able to hear) at 15 to 20. Has to be tranny or rear diff in my case. At the shop now. Will post what they find.
NCIRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #34
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
My front right wheel has a squeak like a brake indicator is rubbing against the rotor. The squeak isn't there all the time. And if I come to a hard stop it goes away for a while. I can't hear it unless the top/windows are down.

I checked the pads and there's plenty of meat on there. So I bought some brake lube. One of these days I'll find the time to actually put the lube on
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
When you want to search go to google and type in your questions followed by "camaro5"
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #36
NCIRONMAN

so the shop I took it to didn't have the answer but found a different problem....rear axles have a lot play in them and a lot more metal in the differential than should be there with normal wear. They say the rear axle bearings are failing. Wouldn't surprise me as I had to have both rear axle seals replaced (failed) at 25K miles. So off to the dealership on Tuesday morning to see if they agree. If they do, have a feeling they'll give me trouble as they complained about my Eibach springs when they did the axle seals...they pointed to that as the issue

on the squeak, still think it's a different problem. Not convinced it's brakes or rear end. Saw another thread on the center support bearing on the drive shaft with a very similar description...we'll see what dealer says about both.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:05 PM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
NCIRONMAN,

We'll keep an eye out for an update about your visit on Tuesday. Let us know if we can look into anything for you.

Sarah (Assisting Will)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
zSHOWTIMEz
So Cal Invasion

Drives: 2011 2SS RS PACKAGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post

Give the guy a break....no pun intended.

Honestly, the SEARCH sucks. I have never had any luck finding something by using the search on this site.

I agree search on this brings up so much irrelavent stuff that have nothing to do with what I search
Old 09-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #39
NCIRONMAN

I finally got it to the dealer yesterday: Steve Moore Chevrolet in Charlotte. They confirmed what my local shop said. Something is up with the axels or axel bearings.....in turn causing other problems in the differential. They are tearing it down today. I should know the exact fail points today and will share. Despite their prior hedging on chopping it an inch with the springs, they did not give me any problems this time. To the contrary, they've been extremely helpful. The only problem they gave me is the loner....a brand new fully loaded Tahoe LTZ. My wife drives a 2007 LT with 105k miles on it. The longer they have my car, the more likely I'll be buying her a new hoe or suburban....
Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #40
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Interesting thread, I have been noticing the same squeak lately as others have heard and it sounds like it is coming from the front of the car. I wonder if it is as others have suggested and its body panels shifting because I do not think its the breaks either. Although my breaks have a tendency to squeal when coming to a stop even with lots of pad left but that's a whole other issue.

I too tried searching for this same problem in the forum and found nothing and was going to make a thread about it but didn't quite know how to describe the problem.

Unfortunately my car is no longer under warranty so I guess I will have to do some investigating myself. I hope its nothing serious but it really is annoying to hear this squeak at low speeds with the windows down.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #41
NCIRONMAN

Got it back tonight. The right side bearing was the one making noise...but both were bad. They replaced both right and left bearings and all seals. Parts list below.

22798805 x 2 Seals
92230402 x 2 Bearings
92230580 x 1 Seal
11611687 x 2 Nut
88862624 Fluid

Very good experience with the dealer.