Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #29
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #30
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
wow how did I miss this? Actually ive been missing alot of these "big" threads lately lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:44 AM   #31
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubby43 View Post
Correction $2500
Yeah holy cow 42500 will get you a loaded SS. Lol
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #32
scrubby43

Drives: 2010 camaro 2lt RS
Dont know the final cost yet, This will be somewhere between 2500 and 3000, maybe a bit more. I had them paint the fuse cover and engine cover.
The way I look at it is it cost me $2000 for my headers and exhaust, how much did I really gain from that? 20hp tops, I strongly believe that this will pass that, hoping for 30hp minimum. It seems that to get good hp numbers out of this car its about 10hp per thousand spent, just my rough calculation.
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
scrubby43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #33
scrubby43

as far as the actual work done on the car I cant answer how they cleaned the metal shavings how they opened the ports etc...I was not there.
2010 2LT RS Cyber Gray Metallic, White ralley stripes, JBA Shortie headers, SOLO perf HFC & Res. Magnaflow cat back, SS Brakes, Eibach Sways & Springs, Trifecta tune, VMAX throttle body & Catch Can, Custom ported intake, heads, Black ICE-olator, VARARAM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #34
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
2nd that.

also...how did the go about cleaning out all the aluminum shavings off your cams?

He washed them.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Dont know the final cost yet, This will be somewhere between 2500 and 3000, maybe a bit more. I had them paint the fuse cover and engine cover.
The way I look at it is it cost me $2000 for my headers and exhaust, how much did I really gain from that? 20hp tops, I strongly believe that this will pass that, hoping for 30hp minimum. It seems that to get good hp numbers out of this car its about 10hp per thousand spent, just my rough calculation.
WOW!! $2500-$3000???

I think you will do ok on the dyno. If I had to guess I think about 30hp or maybe even a little more or a little less.

Can't wait to see the dyno number regardless You do have a baseline number already established? if so what was the base number and on what type of dyno?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #36
scrubby43

bmorecam,
I have two dyno runs from over the summer to reference. The first was 242 hp. But i believe that this one was flawed and suspect stability control kicked in, the graph was crazy and frankly neither me nor the shop thought about the stability control. Traction control was turned off not stability control. I have another, done at a different shop and hp was 273. The dyno and tuning is going back to the first shop. both runs were on Mustang dyno's just at two different shops.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
bmorecam,
I have two dyno runs from over the summer to reference. The first was 242 hp. But i believe that this one was flawed and suspect stability control kicked in, the graph was crazy and frankly neither me nor the shop thought about the stability control. Traction control was turned off not stability control. I have another, done at a different shop and hp was 273. The dyno and tuning is going back to the first shop. both runs were on Mustang dyno's just at two different shops.
When you dyno you only have to turn off the traction control, I've dynoed 34 times and counting since my purchase in january and never had an issue with traction control or stability going off during dyno. I don't really think anyone who dynoed had an issue like this but I am sure it certainly could be possible if the car was not tied down properly. Also, if you suspect the stability going off while you was on the dyno, you can certainly see that on the graph.

The thing about dyno is that every dyno will read different. Some will read low, some high, and some just about right. What is important is that dyno is a comparison tool to measure how much power you gained or lost between runs, but other than that, I think an engine dyno or running a 1/4 mile at the track would be more accurate to know your overall power.

When you go back to the same dyno shop to do a comparison run on tuesday just make sure that the op input the setting just as the same as he had as your first run and you should be able to come out ok. The thing I don't like about those mustangs or current dynos is that some ops will tune the dyno instead of the car. with those dynos it's easy to sometimes come out with inflated or deflated numbers, but as long as the set up are the same between 2 runs the numbers should be the same also.

but either way, we are glad to have you on board and I can't wait to see your result on tuesday. Don't forget to post up on the dyno thread so I can add you onto the list
Old 11-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #38
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
wow, to go do all that work getting the heads off, then you leave the cams and valves in the head and just clean them up a little,,,, while they were off you could have had an actual head port job done!!
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #39
YOUNGnRECKLESS
Building the Beast

Drives: 2010 VR LS3
looks promising...
Old 11-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #40
bmorecam
Account Suspended

come on guys.. is not the end of the world and he can always get back to finishing up his project.. He said that he wanted to be "safe" so I can understand that he probably didn't want to end up ruining his head if whoever ported ended up not doing it properly. Only thing that I wouldn't have done was to pay 2500-3000 for that job. All they did was gasket matched all of the inlet and outlet. Those prices I think was way off the fair price.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #41
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
cant beleiev I missed this thread
Old 11-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #42
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Glad to see more of this going on!

I would have disassembled the head while it was off and done the valve/bowl area. You'd have to make a really big mistake to have to go oversize valves.
I'm not trying to be a dick but you could have done the porting that they did without pulling the heads off the car and saved a BUNCH of money.

You'll have basically the same porting job that I have on my car and it runs pretty damn well!

Keep us updated and enjoy!