Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #29
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuche View Post
Did you really shred the paperwork?? Or did you just tell the salesman you didnt want to do it anymore?

Eitherway im sure the salesman was pissed

He must of thought he already had you in the bag.
Oh yea I had him shred it before I left. But in s strange twist my heater stopped working this morning. I left it in the cool setting last night and went to turn the heat on and nothing. None of the settings would change. I cold air. So had to drive to work with no heat.I could hear a clicking noise behind the dash like the blend vent was stuck. Shut the car off when I got to work andb let the car sit while I did PT. Got back in just now and the heater and settings work again. I think she was trying to teach me a lesson.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #30
uptown
Old Man with a Young Car

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Yes, a certain amount of remorse is to be expected when one has lusted after a harlot, my son. Say 5 Hail Mary's, one for each generation of Camaro, then go to your faithful beauty and beg forgiveness for your sins and swear your commitment and fidelity to her....
Amen and Amen
Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #31
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Everyone has temporary neuro misfirings that cause extreme and illogical thinking from time to time. Good thing you were able to regain your mental capacities!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #32
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
Quote:
But in s strange twist my heater stopped working this morning
haha sounds like your camaro has not forgivin you yet. haha where are you located in la
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
Sure. right now. I said 5-10 years from now. I'd bet almost anything a Shelby GT of any year/mileage will be worth more of its original price than a base Camaro.

Historically, Camaro's and Mustang's, outside of limited production/special models, have poor resale value.
How can you compare a Shelby GT to a base Camaro? Maybe a Shelby GT to a ZL1 or even a SS not a base Camaro.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Sure. right now. I said 5-10 years from now. I'd bet almost anything a Shelby GT of any year/mileage will be worth more of its original price than a base Camaro.

Historically, Camaro's and Mustang's, outside of limited production/special models, have poor resale value.
Fair.

But I think that's partially because, historically....none but the upper levels were really worth buying, and in the past 15-20 years to about 5 years ago, demand all but died. I think those two aspects have changed dramatically.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #35
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Good Read. I wasn't so lucky.
Im a sucker for that seat of the pants feel, thats for shure.
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
If you planned to hold onto it, the Shelby GT would likely have been worth a lot more than you Camaro will be a few years down the road. Personally, if the price had been right, I would have made that deal. If this forum still exists 5 years from now, let us know how you feel then about the deal you didn't make.
5 years from now he like a lot of people here will be drooling over the 6th gen Camaro which will probably be faster (or at least close to) and more refined then the old GT500. The only Shelby's worth anything were built decades ago. The ones built now are nice cars but I don't see them selling in the six figures in 40 years.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
2007? Noooo. I would be close to understanding for a '11-'13 GT California Special.
There is no mustang from the 05-09 generation i personally would want except maybe the GT500. I wouldn't be able to get past that cheap interior.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
duh. Because the OP was going to trade his base Camaro for a Shelby GT.
Duh thanks dick tracy. I wasn't talking to you. Thought he was talking about values not just regular a Camaro smart ass. Always has to be a smart ass on a thread.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #39
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerisbetter View Post
haha sounds like your camaro has not forgivin you yet. haha where are you located in la
I'm stationed up at Ft. Polk
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #40
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Oh yea I had him shred it before I left. But in s strange twist my heater stopped working this morning. I left it in the cool setting last night and went to turn the heat on and nothing. None of the settings would change. I cold air. So had to drive to work with no heat.I could hear a clicking noise behind the dash like the blend vent was stuck. Shut the car off when I got to work andb let the car sit while I did PT. Got back in just now and the heater and settings work again. I think she was trying to teach me a lesson.
She has given you the cold shoulder. Buy her some new shoes and maybe she will come around again.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #41
trooper182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
She has given you the cold shoulder. Buy her some new shoes and maybe she will come around again.
Lol oh no, she got new shoes 3000 miles ago. Shoes are expensive
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #42
McSleepyx9

Drives: 2012 SW 1LT
ive heard of upgrading to a new car but never downgrading O.O
McSleepyx9 is offline   Reply With Quote