Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-20-2014, 06:35 AM   #29
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Question, I had my car opti coated in the summer. After this dreadful winter I noticed some light scratches from where ice slid off the paint. Would a glaze work on top of opti coat to cover up some light scratches?
It "could" cover up the light scratches, but the results would extremely short term. Even waxes and sealants have a difficult time sticking to Opti-Coat.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #30
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
I'm guessing it would work fine( a total guess because I've never used opticoat) but as previously stated if this glaze is not topped with a sealant of some sort it will probably not last all that long. Although if these scratches are heavy and/or deep this glaze will not completely fill them. It fills what I call small to medium scratches.
Very new to the detailing topic (first post here). I attended a clinic last weekend and I believe I was told to put down the sealant first and then follow with a glaze or wax if desired (at least I think so -- there was a lot of new info to take in so I could be wrong on what was taught). They were using Adam's products in the clinic and I bought some Adam's liquid sealant. I have not purchased any glaze yet. Would putting the glaze down before the sealant work with the Adam's sealant?
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #31
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Very new to the detailing topic (first post here). I attended a clinic last weekend and I believe I was told to put down the sealant first and then follow with a glaze or wax if desired (at least I think so -- there was a lot of new info to take in so I could be wrong on what was taught). They were using Adam's products in the clinic and I bought some Adam's liquid sealant. I have not purchased any glaze yet. Would putting the glaze down before the sealant work with the Adam's sealant?
I have never used Adams sealant, but I can say I have not seen an instance where any sealant I've ever used did not adhere well with a glaze under it. As stated by another user above it might not stick well to something like opticoat, but all of the sealant I've used I've never seen any degradation in protection/longevity because of a glaze being under it.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #32
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Glaze goes first, then sealant, then wax.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #33
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
That's awesome man! Did you top it with your sealant of choice?
Mequiar's Liquid Carnauba Wax.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #34
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
Quote:
Adams recomends sealant be applied directly on top of the paint.
Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #35
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
I have never used there liquid form. I've used there paste wax on a few of my families DD though and it does adequate.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #36
c_cook94

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 1LT
Quote:
I've used it on two white cars and it works just as good. The results are just less dramatic because obviously black shows the scratches much worse, but it effectively works the same in my opinion.
Thanks. My car is just now starting to get swirls bad and it is killing me haha. What part of Al are you in? I'll be moving to ms state this fall
c_cook94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #37
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_cook94 View Post
Thanks. My car is just now starting to get swirls bad and it is killing me haha. What part of Al are you in? I'll be moving to ms state this fall
I'm in hunstville AL brother!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #38
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Quote:
I have never used there liquid form. I've used there paste wax on a few of my families DD though and it does adequate.
#26?
That's still a great Carnauba if that's what your talking about.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #39
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
#26?
That's still a great Carnauba if that's what your talking about.
I was actually speaking of the gold class carnauba wax. I haven't used meguires #26 yet. The gold class is cheap, commercially avaliable, and does an adequate job on my families DD. That what i meant.

Tags
blacklight, chemical, glaze, guys, wax