Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #29
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I told the driver that I thought it was damaged and asked him to stay while I checked. He wrote up that it was damaged and left. This is a one of a kind and not something I could really refuse delivery. If it was a laptop I would have. I contacted a local artist to see about fixing.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:52 AM   #30
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
UPS Blows they damaged 2 deck lids and only gave me 2 hundred bucks because thats all it was insured for. If anyone ships make sure you insure it properly no matter the cost. Also UPS does not recognize the word "FRAGILE" they don't take it into consideration. If you wanna ship I suggest FedEx I havent had a bad experience with them over the years, my company also uses them to ship aircraft engine parts and I beleive they are much better and actually care!!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #31
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I told the driver that I thought it was damaged and asked him to stay while I checked. He wrote up that it was damaged and left. This is a one of a kind and not something I could really refuse delivery. If it was a laptop I would have. I contacted a local artist to see about fixing.
There you go. If he/she is like my ex-BIL it will be nearly perfect (to the point of a magnifying glass).
Old 11-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #32
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I dropped it off today. It will need to be re-fiber glassed due to the damage. He said since it's lost some of it's strength any new paint will just crack the first time its flexed. He will then repair the painted area and re clear coat the entire piece.
Attached Images

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM   #33
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
I dropped it off today. It will need to be re-fiber glassed due to the damage. He said since it's lost some of it's strength any new paint will just crack the first time its flexed. He will then repair the painted area and re clear coat the entire piece.
Keith is excellent so I'm sure his advice is sound. You will be very happy with his work.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #34
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Keith is excellent so I'm sure his advice is sound. You will be very happy with his work.
Sounds like you will be in good hands.

That is going to be awesome.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:25 PM   #35
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks Guys!

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 12-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #36
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Had Keith re fiberglass the damaged end, repainted an clear coated. Came out flawless.
Attached Images

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 12-02-2016, 05:47 PM   #37
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Looks killer! cool custom look.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:48 PM   #38
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
green mustang raper???
LOL.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #39
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Looks killer! cool custom look.
Thanks!

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 12-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #40
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
spike III Build IBM 1SS/RS [COTW] 6/25/12

Quote:
Had Keith re fiberglass the damaged end, repainted an clear coated. Came out flawless.
That just looks awesome. Glad you were able to get it repaired. I have skulls on my doors engine & fuse box cover plus inside trunk.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #41
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Glad to see a happy ending here, hope you didn't have to come too much out of pocket. Did ups ever pay up for the damages?
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #42
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Looks awesome! Glad it worked out.

Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote