Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
UPS FAILED!

On June 1 2016 I committed to having a new hood liner mural painted. I waited 6 months for my turn to have this great artist paint this. It took week to paint and then off to a body shop for clear coat. He wrapped it up in big bubble wrap and boxed it up in the OEM box with even more padding than the OEM used to ship the liner to him in Ontario. It took another 5 days to be shipped to my house. I am standing outside watching the UPS truck arrive at my driveway. I watch the driver forcefully drop the box in the truck doorway while he hops out. He used so much force that his little UPS handheld device that I had to use to sign was flung out of his hand and landed 10 feet from the truck. I told him the liner may have been damaged and asked if he would wait while I inspected it. He said he could not wait and drove off. I open the box to find one corner damages with the paint chipped off and the clear coat cracked. Have a claim in with UPS. I spoke to the artist and a body shop that said this clear coat can't be fixed with out having to sand the clear coat off which will in turn sand off the paint and repainting it will never blend in properly with the existing art work. This wasn't cheap. The total cost was $1,537!
Attached Images

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
UPS guy failed miserably, but how was this thing wrapped? How many layers?

My dad had a beautiful custom Aztec artwork painting done on the inside of his hood like this on his 64 Impala and had it shipped from Mexico via UPS.

The shop that did it, had that sucked bubble wrapped, shrink wrapped, EVERYTHING wrapped in like 10 layers, it was such a pain in the ass to have it all completely cut out and take it out carefully.

It came out absolutely flawless... UPS could've been drifting in those big trucks and this hood would've been unscathed, that's how secure it was.

Sorry to see that OP... I feel for you on that... I know what it's like to have paid good money for cosmetic stuff for our rides only to be disappointed... sucks dude.

Hope things get better.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #3
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks. It was bubble wrapped with paper wrapping and flexible foam and Styrofoam.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I could handle it if it was damage do to transport, but not because the driver dropped it. If my regular river delivered it it would be perfect.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Dude, I would be livid!!! Good luck with the claim and the repair.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Time for UPS to pay up!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I even changed my registration to go along with the mural!
Attached Images

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
I'm sorry to hear that, shit like this sucks when you hear it.

I mean we ship a lot of products out, not saying it hasnt happen because that is a lie, but luckily my guys package our products up like if their going to a warzone to make sure their as protected as possible.

Hopefully UPS fixes this issue. Did the package have full shipping insurance coverage?
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #9
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I dont belive it was fully nsured as that would have held it up in customs. Im hoping that my witnessing it being dropped will play in my favor. If not i will install it with this sign. Lol.
Attached Images

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #10
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Hopefully they man up but itll be tough if it wasnt fully insured.
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #11
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 05:25 PM   #12
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I would suggest to put in a claim by calling UPS. Typically there is always some type of insurance included with any shipping. Say if it was lost stolen damaged etc. in your case you have a claim there. May be a little frustrating getting the ball going but I'm sure they can make it right. Hope it works out after dealing with this nice custom piece damaged. Bum deal for sure!
Old 11-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #13
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Thanks! I started the claim process. Submitted all sorts of pictures. They emailed me that they were contacting the shipper now.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #14
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
green mustang raper???
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote