Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-31-2008, 02:20 AM   #29
divvichild
Corvette Owner

Drives: '06 MS Corvette Coupe
You made me do this:

divvichild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:13 AM   #30
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not quite...the folks who want the Z28 can be safely split into two groups:

-Those who want the nameplate and legendary vehicle back,
-And those who want a factory supercharger.

To either group, the V6, and SS versions were just steps along the way...they weren't interested in purchasing them from the get-go. So it's certainly not boredom that's causing these threads/topics/thoughts...more like anxiety, frustration -- or more likely: Passion.

You don't seem to share that passion with them...so please don't put them down for it.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding two things in your post: the SS will be affordable (as in competitive with the Mustang), and the Z28 is not 'dead'.

what about those who want to be in both of those groups?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 AM   #31
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
I am just torn between what to do. I have the opportunity to get a Camaro when they first come out and I wil have to make my deposit in Jan or Feb. I will cry If igm doesnt unveil some of their future plans before this. I need to know if there will be better coming out or if options will be available to make this 2010 camaro better.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:58 AM   #32
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
You're going to cry?
Every year cars get better. On the other hand next year comes a 300hp base model and a 400hp SS. With the fuel crisis the way it is, you might want to snap one of them up.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #33
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Herd there was a project involving the LS9 Supercharger system or similar item, and matting it to the LS3 6.2 V8 or the L92 V8. Don’t try and go looking for any thing as of yet. The source I got this from is 50/50 on reliability, but just wanted to throw that out there. Plus if you look inside all the threads Fbodfather said that the Z28/ LZ1 was not a dead issue. We do not discuses our work, but what makes you think we are not working on something. Hint, hint. Read between the lines. No one is saying that this will be a Z28 or LZ1 I am merely stating what has been said and you can get your answers if you know where to look and are able to separate reliable info from Bull$H!t. Also you can ask the people on here the same question all day and you will never get a direct answer from any GM employ, that is interested in keeping there job. Look what happened to the electrician in Canada for taking pics of the production line after working there for what 16+ years. Plus it maybe decided that what ever project that is being worked on by GM might just get scraped for the better interest of economics for the company, based off how well the SS may or may not sell and figuring out how good the market is and the economy is at the time. Just a thought. Be happy with what you have for now.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #34
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
what about those who want to be in both of those groups?

Name:  you are here.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  48.5 KB
Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #35
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
not literally cry, you get my point.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #36
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
wow I love the people that tell me I'm stupid for wanting the z28. the ss has enough power blah blah blah. oh well. to each his own. I still want a z28. I'd prefer the one I've talked about, but realize it's probably not going to be it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #37
13F20

Ok, guy’s geez. I was merely stating a point that I have seen quite a bit of talk all over this sight. Every one has been saying that they want the Z28. Ok no sweet. But for one every one clamored to any and all info when the Camaro was introduced in 2006 as a concept. Every speculated on the info and specs regarding the car. Now that every one has most of the info they have been looking for they want to move on to the next thing they can find. Plus there has been no accoedate from GM that the car is even being made, and if so then they are keeping one hell of a secret. Third when I made the statement if you can afford it. I am referring to the kids that will stroll into the dealers ask to test drive the car, knowing full well they would not even be able to buy the car. Sorry if very thing can across the wrong way I am just a very straight forward person. I guess being in the army for the last 10 years will do that to a person, so

very sorry.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #38
13F20

Plus I am not being a hatter people. I am getting the SS fully loaded with just about every fetcher you will be able to get. Plus I will be getting a crate LS7 and dumping it into the car. I would try and go with what my source said about attaching the LS9 supercharger to my LS3 6.2 V8. But I can’t find one for sale with all the parts I need and I don’t know near enough about that part to tamper with it, Plus I would image it would drain my bank dry.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #39
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13F20 View Post
Ok, guy’s geez. I was merely stating a point that I have seen quite a bit of talk all over this sight. Every one has been saying that they want the Z28. Ok no sweet. But for one every one clamored to any and all info when the Camaro was introduced in 2006 as a concept. Every speculated on the info and specs regarding the car. Now that every one has most of the info they have been looking for they want to move on to the next thing they can find. Plus there has been no accoedate from GM that the car is even being made, and if so then they are keeping one hell of a secret. Third when I made the statement if you can afford it. I am referring to the kids that will stroll into the dealers ask to test drive the car, knowing full well they would not even be able to buy the car. Sorry if very thing can across the wrong way I am just a very straight forward person. I guess being in the army for the last 10 years will do that to a person, so

very sorry.
as for being in the army. thank you.

I for one am still speculating on the z28 because that's a model I want. Not because it's the "next" thing. And to go with you first point gm hasn't said they are doing it, well they haven't said they aren't either. also the evidence is there that it's wanted by people internal to gm as well as a good following from the masses out side of gm. even fbodfather himself has said it's not dead and if you don't know who that is then suggest reading up. but the response you got is the summation of all the people like you saying the SS is good enough for me why not you, or you're "stupid" (that's how it comes off) for wanting more then the SS, the SS has 422hp that's more then enough hp, the list goes on and on. it gets old always having to defend your stance on why you want a Z28.

I personally will continue wanting a z28 weather it be the supercharged camaro that seems to be what the masses want or a race inspired camaro with the suspension, exhaust, and weight loss upgrades I want. that moniker should not die, but hey that's just my opinion and I'm very passionate about it.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #40
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
There's nothing wrong with wanting a Z28. This is actually a good sign for Chevrolet. It means that GM has branded customers with a great product and those customers are now loyal to that product. It is in GM's best interest to keep such loyal customers happy.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote