Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #29
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
If you don't wear one you're a bloody idiot.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #30
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
unfortunately I know a few =(
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #31
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
just wear the damn seatbelt saves us alot of bytching & yelling at everyone.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #32
Diabel1969

Drives: 2010 2SS, A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'm trying to think of something witty to say...but it probably wouldn't matter.

Just check it out. This is what happened when HE decided not to wear HIS seatbelt!

(I will only provide the link....and not post up the embedded video)

I sincerely hope you decide to wear your seatbelt day in day out...common sense stuff.

In case that one didn't catch your attention...

I mean no offense by this, but that's my choice. I don't really care if it's a law or not, it's my car, I paid for it, i'm driving it, it's my choice. I was once pulled over in my truck in florida, while towing my Harley on a trailer heading home from bike week. The officer told me he pulled me over because of my not wearing my seatbelt. I told him yes, your right officer, i'm not wearing it. I have a back injury from a previous car accident, between that, and my claustrophobia (it's wierd, but only things going across my neck and or chest freak me out), I can actually produce a medical excuse for my not wearing it, but i haven't had to as of yet. Anyway, I also added on, a question for that officer in florida. I asked him, as an officer of the law in the state of florida, I'd like to believe you have some common sense. He smiled and said yes, he does. I then asked him, With all due respect, how can you pull over a person, driving a very large truck for not wearing a seatbelt, enforcing a seatbelt law, BUT you sit back and watch people on a daily basis riding motorcycles without helmets as there is no helmet law in Florida. He laughed out loud and agreed with me and let me go. Now i'm not saying helmet laws should be in effect either, BUT what I am saying is the govt. has put there hands into way too many things, and in my opinion, when the govt pays my car payment, and pays my insurance bills, then they can tell me what i can and cannot do in my car.

Now, as a responsible person, any MINOR that is in my car, or truck MUST wear that belt, but any adult that chooses not to, I will not make them. Yes, i've been in SEVERAL accidents as a PASSENGER, and only one as a driver, and in that accident, I was stopped in traffic while the guy driving the truck behind me was too busy talking on his cell phone to bother applying his brakes AT ALL. In one accident as a passenger, I was reclined in my passenger seat, actually sleeping, when the driver (my fiance) cut in front of a Mack truck, and the front bumper of that truck went through the passenger door window into the car, and then flung us into oncomming traffic where we were then hit head on. the door folded in over the top of me, and thankfully, I was not only NOT wearing my seat belt, I was RECLINED, for if I had been upright and wearing that belt, I would not be here right now as that bumper would have taken my head clean off at my shoulders.

so, needless to say, you can show me all the videos you want to, I ONLY wear seat belts at the track depending on what car i'm driving, that only lasts 9 to 13 seconds and change THANK GOD!
Diabel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #33
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
If you don't wear one you're a bloody idiot.

riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #34
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very nice post.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #35
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowgg123 View Post
Im actually working on a Public Service Announcement for Bridgestone about safe driving. A buddy and I are working on it as a school project and our main focus is showing the importance of wearing a seatbelt. When it's done, I'll post it up here for you guys to see. It'll be up on bridgestones website too if we are finalists, so if you wanna pop on by when it's up and throw us a vote, we can win a $5,000 scholarship toward college.
Too bad you can't find a video of an old junkyard. You used to be able to tell whether there was just a driver or if there was a passenger by the head divots in the windshield
Old 05-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #36
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
always wear mine
Old 05-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First, no offense taken at all. I appreciate someone who can type the words, "I mean no offense" before going into either and explanation or rant as it sets the mood of the conversation and get the point across politely. Thanks for being kind. With that, I mean no offense in my reply. lol....seriously, I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel1969 View Post
I mean no offense by this, but that's my choice. I don't really care if it's a law or not, it's my car, I paid for it, i'm driving it, it's my choice. I was once pulled over in my truck in florida, while towing my Harley on a trailer heading home from bike week. The officer told me he pulled me over because of my not wearing my seatbelt. I told him yes, your right officer, i'm not wearing it. I have a back injury from a previous car accident, between that, and my claustrophobia (it's wierd, but only things going across my neck and or chest freak me out), I can actually produce a medical excuse for my not wearing it, but i haven't had to as of yet.

I actually had someone pull out a "doctors note" for me once. Just one time. I sat there looking at this thing like, "you have to be kidding me, right?" Actually, law says there are loopholes and for medical reasons, this is one of them. If you have a note, I'm not going to argue...waste of both of our time.

Anyway, I also added on, a question for that officer in florida. I asked him, as an officer of the law in the state of florida, I'd like to believe you have some common sense. He smiled and said yes, he does. I then asked him, With all due respect, how can you pull over a person, driving a very large truck for not wearing a seatbelt, enforcing a seatbelt law, BUT you sit back and watch people on a daily basis riding motorcycles without helmets as there is no helmet law in Florida.

I think people who ride bikes w/out helmets are putting themselves in a position that only multiplies the chances of death ten fold. I have several friends who "owned" bikes and no longer do so because of their accidents. One of my good friends had his face "reconstructed" and had the entire left side of his face FLAT from where he hit the pavement. He looks pretty normal compared to HS, but now has that huge scar across his face. He also had to relearn just about everything in the hospital. It was incredible to see football player (big and built) get these chicken legs because he didn't know how to walk for months (his mind finally came back to him).

Oh...and when even wearing helmets, they don't do squat under the right conditions. We handled an accident that I'll never forget. Dude fell in front of a moving car. Well, the body can get crushed and go under the car, but the helmet can not....at least, not as easy as the body. I'll spare the gory details, but we found the helmet and contents a 1/4mile up the road under the car.

I would never ride a bike again. Crazy. And the law allows them to. What can I say. I enforce the law.

He laughed out loud and agreed with me and let me go. Now i'm not saying helmet laws should be in effect either, BUT what I am saying is the govt. has put there hands into way too many things, and in my opinion, when the govt pays my car payment, and pays my insurance bills, then they can tell me what i can and cannot do in my car.

Actually, when you get into an accident and have injury due to not wearing your seatbelt, the insurance company has to pay for those high premiums, bills, whatever. SO, when you choose not to wear it, statistics show that folks like you receive more injuries which in turn, cause more medical bills which in turn raises MY insurance rates. Yes, the fact that you don't wear your seatbelt does have an impact on others.

Now, as a responsible person, any MINOR that is in my car, or truck MUST wear that belt, but any adult that chooses not to, I will not make them. Yes, i've been in SEVERAL accidents as a PASSENGER, and only one as a driver, and in that accident, I was stopped in traffic while the guy driving the truck behind me was too busy talking on his cell phone to bother applying his brakes AT ALL. In one accident as a passenger, I was reclined in my passenger seat, actually sleeping, when the driver (my fiance) cut in front of a Mack truck, and the front bumper of that truck went through the passenger door window into the car, and then flung us into oncomming traffic where we were then hit head on. the door folded in over the top of me, and thankfully, I was not only NOT wearing my seat belt, I was RECLINED, for if I had been upright and wearing that belt, I would not be here right now as that bumper would have taken my head clean off at my shoulders.

so, needless to say, you can show me all the videos you want to, I ONLY wear seat belts at the track depending on what car i'm driving, that only lasts 9 to 13 seconds and change THANK GOD!

Furthermore, seatbelts keep you in place during an accident. When your involved in an accident, that inertia keeps you moving and makes the car stop (or slow...depending). The following results after the crash can go several ways. If you have a seatbelt on, you are kept IN the seat. This means that should you NEED to put your hands back on the wheel and turn to avoid hitting something or someone else, you can. You can also put your feet back on the brake (or even the accellerator depending) so that you can continue to stop the vehicle. If you don't have your belt on, you might end up in the other seat, hitting the steering wheel crushing your chest cavity, hitting your head against the windshield crushing your skull, getting thrown out of the window and having the car roll on you or throwing you on the street only to be run over by another car, or...dude...the possibilities are pretty much endless, but regardless, you are unable to control the still moving vehicle after the crash.

Basically, if you have your belt on and you crash, but the car is till moving, you have the opportunity to stay in control of the moving vehicle. If you don't have your belt on, you could get knocked out of your seat or hurt to the point that you can no longer control the moving vehicle resulting in.......

.........you, your unbelted body, and your out of control vehicle striking my wife's vehicle that is sitting in traffic with my wife in it and my 5 year old and 2 year old sons who then end up getting injured all because........

.....you don't like wearing your seatbelt.

Therefore, you not wanting to wear your seatbelt DOES affect the lives of others both financially, physically, and mentally (God forbid your out of control vehicle strikes and kills the boyfriend girlfriend sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus, the car sitting at the intersection waiting for their turn in traffic....or my family who is just trying to go from point A to point B - because that is going to mess us up for life.......).

And this is exactly why I write every single person a citation I stop for not wearing a seat belt. I can honestly say after writing the ticket, "maybe THIS guy will get it and will buckle up. Maybe I just saved his/her life one day and hey...maybe I just saved someone else's life as well.

Now, I mean no disrespect in writing this to you, honestly. But, I hope that you read it and actually think about a couple of these points I made. It is real. Your decisions DO affect us.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #38
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
UGh, another seat belt thread. There is still people out there that don't wear their seat belt. just put the stupid thing on. Why do people fight this so hard.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Updated.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #40
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I was having a good night until I starting reading and viewing this thread. I can't believe in this day and age that there are people that don't wear their belt. I've seen enough bad stuff years ago that I don't need these movies to reminded me. I should of stayed clear of this thread.:(
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #41
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Diabel1969 -

Please don't take offense, this is just a counterpoint...

You may never wear a seat belt and you may never wear a helmet while riding your bike - you feel that is your right. I agree with you - I don't like people telling me what to do. But please don't get too mad if you get a few tickets or you are denied insurance coverage if someone texting on their phone hits you. No one believes it will happen to them, but actuarials are very real.

In Florida, if you ride a motorcycle without a helmet, you must carry $10,000 minimum coverage and since you go to bike week I bet you already know this. Plus, the insurance company has the right to put you in the highest risk category and jack the heck out of your premiums - which they do.

Now take any form of car racing. Could you imagine how many drivers would be killed if NASCAR, NHRA, Indy, F1, Outlaw didn't use seatbelts? It would probably be on the order of 10x. It is exactly the same as a passenger car, just amplifies the effect with much higher inertia.

Anyway, TAG is speaking from the heart. Not a bad person to listen to.

P.S. I don't know what part of Upstate NY you are from, but I used to race the car in my sig below at ESTA Safety Park in Cicero, NY.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #42
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Well all in all... where I live... Canada... it's illegal to NOT wear a seatbelt. You get caught w/o a seatbelt, you get fined. Simple as that. I'm not sure where you guys live (the guys who are saying they dont wear their seat belts) But you should spend one week in Canada. Get used to wearing your belt =p Unless you have infinite money =D