Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #43
Luttinger

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
2SS/RS too.... no permanent light when the car runs too. :(

Any ideas?
Old 09-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #44
erk5000

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG'sSS View Post
Can you post pictures of your connections so I can see how far in I should push the bulb in, I just pushed in until I heard a click.
Now I noticed you had a 1SS without RS. I have a 2SS/RS but I've been trying to remember if before this mod, if the turn signal stayed on when when my driving light were on but dont think they ever did this. I dont believe I have a constant voltage going into the connectors. i'll have to test this when I get home later today.
Yeah once they click it should be good. Hah I feel offended, I don't have a 1SS, I have a 2SS non RS. You should be able to tell when your in Park mode. That is something I am unsure of, the RS package is different and I notice when I turn my fog lights, or switch to the right once, the parking lights come on. Hmm that is interesting.
erk5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #45
CG'sSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS and 1985 L98 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luttinger View Post
2SS/RS too.... no permanent light when the car runs too. :(

Any ideas?
Running it through Jonathan from AAC he's checking with the technician.

I ran a test with a 9volt battery with alligator clips to the prongs and I was able to power the OEM bulb by applying voltage to 2 of the prongs, the 3rd to ground. So from the looks of it, the car right now is only using 2 prongs(Blue and Black wires) and the middle prong has no voltage. This middle prong appears to be the one that needs the constant voltage from when the driving lights are on which makes no sense of why GM would not have done this. So Im just trying to get verification that either I am not putting in my bulb in all the way in or if I'll be having to run another wire (the constant voltage) to the middle prong. Im just confused as to why the OP mentioned that he had 2 wires (Black and Blue) that he used for his load resistor and his are working just fine.

EDIT: If the OPs are working just fine and he only has the 2 wires into the plug then I dont want to be running no wire into the middle prong if this is not needed.
1985 Corvette
CG'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #46
erk5000

Here is a pic I just took right now. You see the 2 red splicing connectors. One goes into the Blue wire and the other into the black for the load resistor. The other wire is where my halo is wired.

Last edited by erk5000; 02-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #47
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Running it through Jonathan from AAC he's checking with the technician.

I ran a test with a 9volt battery with alligator clips to the prongs and I was able to power the OEM bulb by applying voltage to 2 of the prongs, the 3rd to ground. So from the looks of it, the car right now is only using 2 prongs(Blue and Black wires) and the middle prong has no voltage. This middle prong appears to be the one that needs the constant voltage from when the driving lights are on which makes no sense of why GM would not have done this. So Im just trying to get verification that either I am not putting in my bulb in all the way in or if I'll be having to run another wire (the constant voltage) to the middle prong. Im just confused as to why the OP mentioned that he had 2 wires (Black and Blue) that he used for his load resistor and his are working just fine.

EDIT: If the OPs are working just fine and he only has the 2 wires into the plug then I dont want to be running no wire into the middle prong if this is not needed.
Did you put a resistor on and if so, what wire? If the parking light takes too much of a load, it will shut off.
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #48
CG'sSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Did you put a resistor on and if so, what wire? If the parking light takes too much of a load, it will shut off.
Yes, I put the load resistor on the blue(+12V) and black(Negative) wires as indicated by the instructions. Then I took them off and just left the OEM bulb to see if they were even on. I've been looking at other Camaro pictures to see if they have the front turn signals on when the driving lights are on but noticed most dont and only a few do. This was supposed to be an easy install.
1985 Corvette
Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #49
CG'sSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk5000 View Post
Yeah once they click it should be good. Hah I feel offended, I don't have a 1SS, I have a 2SS non RS. You should be able to tell when your in Park mode. That is something I am unsure of, the RS package is different and I notice when I turn my fog lights, or switch to the right once, the parking lights come on. Hmm that is interesting.
My bad didnt mean to offend you didnt pay close attention lol
Specially when im asking for help
1985 Corvette
Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #50
erk5000

Quote:
My bad didnt mean to offend you didnt pay close attention lol
Specially when im asking for help
It's all good. I posted a pic on how mine are wired.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #51
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
How did you get the (white) turn/runing lights to stay on, or is your car a non-RS model?

With the RS model these light only blink and stay off otherwise.

Looks good by the way
Old 09-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #52
erk5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
How did you get the (white) turn/runing lights to stay on, or is your car a non-RS model?

With the RS model these light only blink and stay off otherwise.

Looks good by the way
Yes, my car is a non-RS model, that's how they are able to stay on. So now I'm thinking, does this mod only work with non-Rs model?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #53
khislop007
ZEUSS

Quote:
Need some quick help guys. I ordered the 3157 Switchback LED from AAC but for some reason my bulbs do not stay on white. They just only turn amber when i put the turn signal on but yet no white LED's come on. Anyone? I do have the RS package on but do not see why this would be a problem?
Correct. If your car is a RS model the switch back bulbs will only blink amber.

That's why I asked in the previous post. I am wondering if he might have used a new plug for the switch back bulb and got power from the halo's to run the white LED's on the new buld to come on with the halo's. Kinda like how everyone is making there DRL's come on with the halo's.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #54
erk5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Correct. If your car is a RS model the switch back bulbs will only blink amber.

That's why I asked in the previous post. I am wondering if he might have used a new plug for the switch back bulb and got power from the halo's to run the white LED's on the new buld to come on with the halo's. Kinda like how everyone is making there DRL's come on with the halo's.
So it seems as this mod is only for non-RS models... Correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said before, my turn signal has 3 wires. Black, blue, and brown/purple. My halo red wire power source is spliced into the brown/purple wire. The resistor is spliced into the blue wire and the other end in the black wire as you can see in my picture. My parking/turn signals come on once I flip the light switch To the right once or all the way & also when I press the fog light button.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #55
khislop007
ZEUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by erk5000 View Post
So it seems as this mod is only for non-RS models... Correct me if I'm wrong. Like I said before, my turn signal has 3 wires. Black, blue, and brown/purple. My halo red wire power source is spliced into the brown/purple wire. The resistor is spliced into the blue wire and the other end in the black wire as you can see in my picture. My parking/turn signals come on once I flip the light switch To the right once or all the way & also when I press the fog light button.
For us RS guys we would have to find a new plug with three wires and tap into the parking light wires for the white LED's to come on. Shouldn't be that hard.

Last edited by khislop007; 11-09-2010 at 01:59 PM.
khislop007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #56
erk5000

I guess what is an easy mod to install isn't so easy for the RS models... Damn.