Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #43
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Garage install started last night. Made good progress. Mounted the scoop/ washer bottle relocation. We are not supposed to use the scoop but we are trying to make the intercooler tubing run around it and I think we have it figured out. Have the intercooler mounted and we took off the bumper support to allow better air flow through the intercooler so we had to modify the top mounting of the inter cooler. We did a dry fit to see where all the tubing goes and we were short a couple pieces and Tracy is sending us some more pieces to fit. Other then that if the standard crank pulley arrives today we are mounting the supercharger, pulley, and belts to see what room we have to work with. Over it is a pretty simple DIY install. Mad props to Tracy
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #44
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Awesome V6, you should be up and running in a few days. Depending on when mine gets here, install can begin as soon as Sunday. I've got 3 days off (MTW) so this is perfect timing. Hope I didn't just jinx everything.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #45
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Haha your guy will be able to do it fairly easy. I can't wait to be up and running
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #46
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Very nice! Guess I won't be the only RX Camaro running around Texas for too much longer.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #47
SIXJAK

The disease of RX awesomeness is spreading. Somebody call the CDC. It's about to become an epidemic.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
Garage install started last night. Made good progress. Mounted the scoop/ washer bottle relocation. We are not supposed to use the scoop but we are trying to make the intercooler tubing run around it and I think we have it figured out. Have the intercooler mounted and we took off the bumper support to allow better air flow through the intercooler so we had to modify the top mounting of the inter cooler. We did a dry fit to see where all the tubing goes and we were short a couple pieces and Tracy is sending us some more pieces to fit. Other then that if the standard crank pulley arrives today we are mounting the supercharger, pulley, and belts to see what room we have to work with. Over it is a pretty simple DIY install. Mad props to Tracy
Glad your making good progress on the install,sounds like you will be up and running in no time.Let us know how the pulley swap goes,I think your going to get to your swap before i do.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #49
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

I'm actually going to be running the standard pulley for now.

Day 2 Progress:

Mounted the S/C and standard pulley and the are off about a rub or 2 (belt ribs). So we are going to shim the S/C a little to line up better. We have all the tubing run except for the air intake tube. We think we have found an excellent place to run the intake filter to where it is out of the engine bay down low but behind the bumper to get cool air. We planed on starting her up but the belt we bought was 2" to long and the auto parts store wouldn't stay open a few minutes for me to run up there. Lazy bastards. Well tomorrow my installer is taking the day off from the install to celebrate his birthday. So we will start up again Thursday. Stay tuned
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #50
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Also we were not able to keep the scoop/washer bottle relocation.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #51
SIXJAK

Hmmmmmm. My installer is definitely going to be reading this thread. V6 do you know if this install requires any specialty or job specific tools? I spoke with my installer at length last nite and that was one of his concerns. Since this isn't a roots type I would imagine the answer is probably no. How many hours would you say you're into this project do far?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #52
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Hmmmmmm. My installer is definitely going to be reading this thread. V6 do you know if this install requires any specialty or job specific tools? I spoke with my installer at length last nite and that was one of his concerns. Since this isn't a roots type I would imagine the answer is probably no. How many hours would you say you're into this project do far?
If you guys are installing the HPFP be aware we had an issue with the alignment tool that GM says we should use. It actually doesn't fit into the hole (too large a diameter). We ended up using a deep wall socket that was the same length and it worked fine.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #53
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Only special tool he has used so far was the crank puller to hold the crank in place.

I would say we are at a slow rate due to putting the puzzle together and making it work (the piping). We are done with the actual S/C now just need to get a few more clamps and then we got the meth and gauges and what not. All the electrical pretty much
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #54
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Here is a tease of what I have so far

Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #55
SIXJAK

Nice, V6. You're almost there...how exciting! Can't wait to see and hear the finished product.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #56
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Nice, V6. You're almost there...how exciting! Can't wait to see and hear the finished product.
Thus far nice work