Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Can't wait to see these results....I'd try the same dyno that you did a 272 on and see how she runs!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #44
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Can't wait to see these results....I'd try the same dyno that you did a 272 on and see how she runs!
That's right. If it's just for "comparison puposes" might as well look awesomer while you're doing it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #45
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
He washed them.
i thought maybe they used lil tiny chopsticks to get all the shavings out of there. excuse my ignorance , but it would just make more sense to me to mask that area off vs taking the risk of inducing debris into the motor.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #46
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
i thought maybe they used lil tiny chopsticks to get all the shavings out of there. excuse my ignorance , but it would just make more sense to me to mask that area off vs taking the risk of inducing debris into the motor.

Well he took the heads off the motor.. So there was nothing to mask. Look at the third picture down on the first page. See the right side is off.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #47
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Well he took the heads off the motor.. So there was nothing to mask. Look at the third picture down on the first page. See the right side is off.
right, but the cams and valves should have been removed and a real port job done if your going through all that work
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #48
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
very cool, I wish the wife would have let me finish off the project MattD. did the valves on my heads too, a 5 angle I believe. I'm still excited to see just how far (within reasonable cost) the llt can be pushed. sounds like kr is actually being reduced improving flow and cleaning up the airflow path....very promising results in the future with this.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #49
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
These are the heads going on Gretchen:

Below is the dyno graph of the LLT we are doing the front mount Super Charger on. It is the base run. CAI and exhaust only:

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #50
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I need to come and get on your dyno lol. What model dynojet is that tracy?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #51
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
The new smaller one....can't remember. It is in-ground.

That is the highest we have seen on a LLT with those mods yet (it is a MN6 car so that helps). The important thing is the end results in comparison as all dynos seem to differ and should only be used as a tool.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #52
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
The new smaller one....can't remember. It is in-ground.

That is the highest we have seen on a LLT with those mods yet (it is a MN6 car so that helps). The important thing is the end results in comparison as all dynos seem to differ and should only be used as a tool.
Yes sir! it is very important for peoples to understand how a dyno should be used and for what purpose.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #53
matt d.

Drives: 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
very cool, I wish the wife would have let me finish off the project MattD. did the valves on my heads too, a 5 angle I believe. I'm still excited to see just how far (within reasonable cost) the llt can be pushed. sounds like kr is actually being reduced improving flow and cleaning up the airflow path....very promising results in the future with this.
I've been wondering if you ever did anything with those heads. hope you get to finish up your project. sorry to highjack the thread.
matt d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #54
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt d. View Post
I've been wondering if you ever did anything with those heads. hope you get to finish up your project. sorry to highjack the thread.
HighJack away........doesn't bother me.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #55
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
matt! dude, stacey (sc2150) has them at the moment, along with your intake manifold, it's going onto a turbo build now...really wanted to see what those suckers would have done on a na car.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #56
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Man so much good stuff going on lately in the LLT section, I'm so behind the times . . . my Vmax TB is coming on Thursday and I'm still going back and forth on whether or not to jump on the $300 Trifecta deal.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm glad we've got people with the guts and cash to really push the limits.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote