Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #43
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I've spoken to dealers directly on the phone(from across the country) when shown interest on buying a car. E-mail is so informal, and personally think takes too long to get specific details(if you're really serious about the purchase)..my $.02
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #44
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
I think op did a great job posting this and if it was me I would have no problem blasting the dealerships name for this. Is it a simple case of one person being an idiot sure, does it mean the entire dealership is a joke.. Possibly not. But when you have a job you need to be held accountable for knowing or not knowing your position. You don't let the guy at Burger King have a pass when you ask for a whopper and he doesn't have a clue what your talking about so why let a salesman have a pass because "there are so many different models". rant over.
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #45
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
Not to poke the hot coals too much, but after emailing the guy my VIN and some pictures on the 30th, he emails me back 3 hours later and says "I'm sorry the ZL1 just sold to guy in Texas."

The car is still listed on their website (now 8 days later). Either they are too lazy to take it down, or they didn't really sell it and he is confused. Maybe the person from Texas just hasn't picked it up yet. I don't know but I'm certainly going to see how long it stays on their website. If it's there in a month I think it's safe to assume they didn't really sell it...
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #46
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
It is obvious that some Chevy dealerships do not take Internet inquiries seriously. And to be fair, I'm sure they have to sort through a lot of garbage. However, the 20% who cull the emails for the serious buyers gain an edge on their competition, I.e., they earned my business before I ever darkened their door.
Now that I've bought via internet , the process was so smooth that I really prefer it.
I can tell right away if the salesman has his sh-t together.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #47
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I am in my 40's and when I decided I wanted a Camaro I personally visited 6 dealerships over a couple weeks time and expressed my interest in purchasing a Camaro to each salesperson I talked to. It wasn't until the 5th dealer that I was even taken seriously, not sure why. I gave the other 4 my contact info and never heard back. Finally, I went to the 6th dealership and negotiated and purchased my Camaro with a trade-in in a single visit. Had one of the other 4 dealerships, who were all closer to me than 5 or 6, taken me seriously, one of them would have gotten the sale. Next time I am just gonna deal with Becky at Rodgers.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #48
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i have no patience for sales people who dont know their product. when i know more than they do, i usually walk. when i was shopping for my car last year, i took about 6 months reserching, and reading this forum on ideas, what to look for, etc. i avoided any 2012 new verts as i knew the problems. the sales man that sold me my car knew his stuff, i respected that, and appreciated it and i bought from him after putting him thru the ringer. if he didnt know an answer, he called me back, but he knew 90 % of the questions i asked. i still keep in tough with him to this day. i would buy another camaro from him. he in his late 30s and sold ZL1s and vettes too.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #49
Kokoa87

Drives: 1968
No he's not thes dealers are absolutely terrible

One didn't know when I called what a z28 was. Salesman mind you

They just make $ off cruze Malibu impala silver ado spark and blahhhh

All they care about
Kokoa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #50
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
From what it sounds like, you tried an unsolicited email offer on a $50,000 car without having a specific contact or establishing yourself as a serious buyer.

And now you're bashing the dealer?

Is this for real? I hope not.
I did the same thing for my 1LE which had MSRP of close to $45k with my options. My goal is to waste as little time as possible, I called all the local dealerships and one I bought from further away and went directly to their internet sales mangers. I told them exactly what I wanted and said I want $1,000 under invoice. My local dealership gave me Invoice minus holdback and then I went in to meet them and place the order. If you want to be old school and drive around 3-4 counties looking for the best deal and wasting time doing so go right ahead, I had my quote from all of them within days. It was the easiest purchase I've ever made, no hassle and no BS with sales guys.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote