Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-13-2015, 09:23 AM   #43
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
If u have to start in second gear so u don't jerk it then u need to learn how to drive manual better. This was my first manual and it's fine for me.
This is my first manual car as well. I was actually surprised how easy it was to get it going compared to when I test drove a v6. I stalled like 3 times in that thing.

I've noticed the past couple days though almost every time I get going it pops up on the info system telling me to shift from 1st to 4th. It didn't used to do this as often but now it seems like almost every time I'm about to go into second it does this. Anyone else have this happen? Sometimes it's a nice smooth transition and other times it jolts heavily.
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #44
jibngb

Drives: ford
If u have to start in second gear so u don't jerk it then u need to learn how to drive manual better. This was my first manual and it's fine for me.
jibngb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #45
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #46
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
Don't bother trying to make it a smooth shift. Just driving it with a little aggression when shifting and it seems to be smoother.
This. When I try to drive mine like an old lady I get lots of stuttering, jerking, and drive line noise. If I get on it I can shift much more smoothly and the car seems to like it!
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote