Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #6063
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I'm familiar with the 3.73's and 4.10's, who's making 3.70's and 3.90's, are they better / stronger than 3.73 / 4.10?
My 3.70 was made by American axle, the same guys that make the stock gear. I'd have to check who made the 3.90. I haven't had any problems with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey Guys,
The car is running great! I havent had much time to really play with it.
I am here in Kemah, it seems like there is a cop every block. It is also a little loud now so its hard to hide.
Kids are having a ball out here between the boardwalk and beach.
Good part is the car is good to go!
Great to hear! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing this beast in person.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #6064
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
Well,

Its done, I just got back from Lingenfelter with my baby and WOW it was SUCH a fun drive back to Virginia (8 hours). I flew in after working hours on a Saturday and Jeff picked me up in a Really nice Z06 Lingenfelter Corvette, yeah that was fun. He kept the office open for me as we finished the deal. I work for the government and I deal with douche bag vendors on a daily basis. It is rare to see such top notch customer service and I really wish there were more companies like LPE in the market place.

I pride myself on my sensitive ears, the way a car sounds is number one on my list desires. Everything I researched on this build was to enhance the sound of the car, performance/horsepower/looks, they were all compromisable if it affected the sound adversely. So I was VERY nervous about starting it up in the parking lot at Lingenfelter, I was thinking, "will the supercharger be obnoxiously loud all the time"... "will I not be able to hear the cam at idle"... "will the valves sound too much like an exhaust leak".

Jeff had to remind me to start it up as to complete the "delivery" and as soon as I did I was speachless... I walked around the car in silence and all I could think about was "I can't believe I only paid $XX,XXX for this and I got a free T-shirt, I would have paid twice as much for this sound alone". I learned that day how the LPE team takes their job as seriously as I take my hobby.

Thank you Jeff and Thank you Lingenfelter
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #6065
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Welcome to the brotherhood itsorange, there is nothing like the first drive after it's done.

Question to the rest of the Lingenfelter gang..

Is anyone coming up to Oshawa this weekend to meet the Builders and go to the Canadian Camaro Nationals??

It would be nice to not be the only Lingenfelter car there.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #6066
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
itsorange,

Welcome to the best thread on Camaro5 with some of the very best people.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:49 AM   #6067
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
Well,

Its done, I just got back from Lingenfelter with my baby and WOW it was SUCH a fun drive back to Virginia (8 hours). I flew in after working hours on a Saturday and Jeff picked me up in a Really nice Z06 Lingenfelter Corvette, yeah that was fun. He kept the office open for me as we finished the deal. I work for the government and I deal with douche bag vendors on a daily basis. It is rare to see such top notch customer service and I really wish there were more companies like LPE in the market place.

I pride myself on my sensitive ears, the way a car sounds is number one on my list desires. Everything I researched on this build was to enhance the sound of the car, performance/horsepower/looks, they were all compromisable if it affected the sound adversely. So I was VERY nervous about starting it up in the parking lot at Lingenfelter, I was thinking, "will the supercharger be obnoxiously loud all the time"... "will I not be able to hear the cam at idle"... "will the valves sound too much like an exhaust leak".

Jeff had to remind me to start it up as to complete the "delivery" and as soon as I did I was speachless... I walked around the car in silence and all I could think about was "I can't believe I only paid $XX,XXX for this and I got a free T-shirt, I would have paid twice as much for this sound alone". I learned that day how the LPE team takes their job as seriously as I take my hobby.

Welcome to the family!!! Just for fun chime back in in a few days after you get to know the beast a little better and let us know if the perma-grin has worn off yet. I know I am like a little kid on Christmas everytime I slide behind the wheel.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #6068
mws444

How is your Dad doing Pete? I am sorry to hear about his fall, I will keep you guys in my prayers!
I have an Uncle who is 97 years young, he fell about two months ago and broke a hip. Amazing thing is they replace the hip, and he is now walking! All be it slow and short, he is moving and getting stronger!
Hang in there, and remember everything works out according to Gods plan!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #6069
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
Hi Mike
Those are some awesome numbers!! Is the s/c louder or the motor or both? Did you change the pulley size?
The exhuast is loud! The long tubes with tha Corsa's and cat delete make for one heck of a roar. We are running right at about 16.5 psi on the boost, and we had to change out the pulleys to get there.
How is your Beast running? Can't wait to see what kind of times you put down this summer!
Old 06-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #6070
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
mws444, How do you like your gears? would you go to 390's ? If not why?
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #6071
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
Well,

Congrats! Great to have another LPE owner on the forum.... nice color BTW
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #6072
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Itsorange, congrat's on the newly completed Hotrod!

Welcome to the LPE brotherhood!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #6073
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Hi Pete, I hope your Dad is doing OK. We are all wishing him Well.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #6074
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Congratulations itsorange!!!! Pictures? I'm partial to your color also. Enjoy that Beast!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #6075
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
itsorange, congrats on your car, do you love the cam?
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #6076
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
Here she is in the parking lot of Lingenfelter

Name:  Pickup from Lingenfelter small.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  200.2 KB

I asked them to leave all badges off and the valve covers unpainted because I have special plans for them
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote