Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #659
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well folks,... Since the ZL1 Nuremburg run I really got the bug for a 2012 ZL1 Camaro..... soooooooo I sold the Pace Car...:(

I slipped a small ad in AutoTrader last weekend w/ no front page pic and just a link to other pics... http://www.leesite.com/camaro and started taking calls. Thought I'd give everyone a chance at the bonus of getting it with all the mods and extras, otherwise I would have to spend time de-modding, then trading in and then selling parts, which I really didn't want to mess with. No room in the garage for 2 Camaros and I've already been through ths once when I got the Pace Car. So the decision was made...

My daily commute to work is changing next month which also had a major part in the sell decision. I bought a 2011 Colorado a few months ago to drive back and forth (10 min) to the park and ride where I rode a Van Pool from to downtown Houston. This was an awesome setup as the Camaro stayed in the garage all day and was only driven to car meets and stuff on the weekends... and the truck sat outside under the trees at the park n ride lot. Also had a great group that I ride with to work every day who will be missed.

Now, in my new position I will be driving downtown myself which is about a 45 min one way. I enjoy driving to work in the mornings drinking coffee and listening to morning radio, but I want to do it in style, not in my little truck. Especially since there is always lots of stang meat along the way to wet my appetite. The ZL1 will be perfect... and I will have a nice parking garage to keep it safe during the day.

Was pretty hard to let go of this ride, especally after all the nice mod that were done on it, but I'm sure the new owner will do it just as much justice as I did. Everyone always falls in love with the lope of that cam and he did too. It was also nice to find someone who truely appreciated what he was getting.

Bottom line is Me + an upgraded Camaro will be spending more time together next year and that's a good thing...

now let the flaming begin...
Now we can't refer to you as "the guy with the pace car"...

So give us details on #3! Auto or Manual? Color? Wheel option? Coupe or vert? Who gets the first ride?
Old 10-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #660
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Now we can't refer to you as "the guy with the pace car"...

So give us details on #3! Auto or Manual? Color? Wheel option? Coupe or vert? Who gets the first ride?
I'm leaning manual this time... Coupe, of course... the rest is up in the air... but I have time to plan now...

...and you get the first ride...

...called Jerry to get BACK on the list and he said he never took me off of it... LOL
Old 10-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #661
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Well folks,... Since the ZL1 Nuremburg run I really got the bug for a 2012 ZL1 Camaro..... soooooooo I sold the Pace Car...:(

I slipped a small ad in AutoTrader last weekend w/ no front page pic and just a link to other pics... http://www.leesite.com/camaro and started taking calls. Thought I'd give everyone a chance at the bonus of getting it with all the mods and extras, otherwise I would have to spend time de-modding, then trading in and then selling parts, which I really didn't want to mess with. No room in the garage for 2 Camaros and I've already been through ths once when I got the Pace Car. So the decision was made...

My daily commute to work is changing next month which also had a major part in the sell decision. I bought a 2011 Colorado a few months ago to drive back and forth (10 min) to the park and ride where I rode a Van Pool from to downtown Houston. This was an awesome setup as the Camaro stayed in the garage all day and was only driven to car meets and stuff on the weekends... and the truck sat outside under the trees at the park n ride lot. Also had a great group that I ride with to work every day who will be missed.

Now, in my new position I will be driving downtown myself which is about a 45 min one way. I enjoy driving to work in the mornings drinking coffee and listening to morning radio, but I want to do it in style, not in my little truck. Especially since there is always lots of stang meat along the way to wet my appetite. The ZL1 will be perfect... and I will have a nice parking garage to keep it safe during the day.

Was pretty hard to let go of this ride, especally after all the nice mod that were done on it, but I'm sure the new owner will do it just as much justice as I did. Everyone always falls in love with the lope of that cam and he did too. It was also nice to find someone who truely appreciated what he was getting.

Bottom line is Me + an upgraded Camaro will be spending more time together next year and that's a good thing...

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

That car was one of my favorite 5th Gens ever!!!

But can't w8t to see your ZL1!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #662
LoneStar

Quote:
I'm leaning manual this time... Coupe, of course... the rest is up in the air... but I have time to plan now...

...and you get the first ride...

...called Jerry to get BACK on the list and he said he never took me off of it... LOL
AWESOME!!!
You'll have one of the early cars in Houston!

I'll have to wait a couple more years, but I want a white ZL1 coupe, with polished wheels, and manual transmission.

2013 can't come soon enough!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #663
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I want a ride in that new ZL1!!!

I saw a car at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago that was Carbon Flash... AMAZING color. (They guy worked for GM and only had the car for the weekend).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #664
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

That car was one of my favorite 5th Gens ever!!!

But can't w8t to see your ZL1!
Thanks for the complement... the pressure is on to make sure this one is an upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I'll have to wait a couple more years, but I want a white ZL1 coupe, with polished wheels, and manual transmission.

2013 can't come soon enough!
You're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel from all that study... it will be well worth it in 2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I want a ride in that new ZL1!!!

I saw a car at Mid Ohio a few weeks ago that was Carbon Flash... AMAZING color. (They guy worked for GM and only had the car for the weekend).
I actually thought about getting white and doing the top black like the Earnhardt edition but do it in Carbon Flash...

or LoneStarCamaro could photoshop up something cool like this one he did...
Attached Images

mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #665
LoneStar

Quote:
Thanks for the complement... the pressure is on to make sure this one is an upgrade...

You're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel from all that study... it will be well worth it in 2013...

I actually thought about getting white and doing the top black like the Earnhardt edition but do it in Carbon Flash...

or LoneStarCamaro could photoshop up something cool like this one he did...
I wish I could take credit for that photoshop, but that was Brunogadget...

I "should" have a light schedule the next few weeks... I'll see if I can come up with something creative in photoshop...

Last edited by LoneStar; 10-16-2011 at 10:28 PM.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #666
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Mike: "The MAN of many Camaros"!

You know the 6th Gen is going to be better than the ZL1, right? Better start saving now for the next one.

Going to miss seeing that pace car around but if you do a ZL1 like that photoshop...OMG!!!

Jerry's got to love being your dealer by now.

Looking forward to seeing the new ride once you get it.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #667
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Congratulations on the new purchase... Looking forward to seeing this one....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #668
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Mike: "The MAN of many Camaros"!

You know the 6th Gen is going to be better than the ZL1, right? Better start saving now for the next one.

Going to miss seeing that pace car around but if you do a ZL1 like that photoshop...OMG!!!

Jerry's got to love being your dealer by now.

Looking forward to seeing the new ride once you get it.
Ha Ha...coming from the guy with a Camaro list in his sig... I like having Jerry too. I told him to put me back on the list and he replied "I never took you off" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase... Looking forward to seeing this one....
Thanks Robert... the hard part is done and I was able to do it the easy way without the de-mod hassle...
Old 10-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #669
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Ha Ha...coming from the guy with a Camaro list in his sig...
Well played sir, well played.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #670
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:

Holy crap!

You didn't even call me.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #671
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Congratulations, Mike! I'll be keeping a close eye to see what you do to the new ride.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #672
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Woah!

Well then....congratulations! Can't wait to see the new ZL1!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote