Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #57
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I use my 6+ with 3 Chevys....2 with mylink and the cameo has the regular radio. Have you tried just playing music through your phone? I feel like anytime I get that I fix it by playing something on the phone.
WTH, I go and try it again today and..... It works.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #58
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
The system definitely has flaws. Hopefully CarPlay will iron out a lot of the stupid problems.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #59
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
What I have noticed is that when you experience the problem if you reboot your phone it will work for a while. I have not had my car back into the shop to see if there is a code upgrade for MyLink but I will the next time it is in.

Rebooting seems to work for a while.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #60
45thCamaro

I tend to have issues when going from one car to the next. Almost as if the phone saves some kind of file for that exact radio. Once you plug it in, it's gets stuck when it doesn't see the info it normally does and just sits at the pause screen. But if you play something from the phone directly, it's almost like the car is like "oh ok, I can play that!"
Old 09-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #61
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
When I try to BT Apple Music app or Pandora, mine gets caught on that F*CKING pause screen also but the only way I've found to get around it....it to use the mic like you're going to use Siri or make a call.....then once it activates, just hang up or stop the mic use....and then the music pops on. GRRRRR

My MAIN question is.....ive looked and searched here and youtube.....and I can't find anything. I have a 2013 and have no CLUE how to do a software update....can someone help me please with a vid link or something? LOL Thanks.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #62
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
When I try to BT Apple Music app or Pandora, mine gets caught on that F*CKING pause screen also but the only way I've found to get around it....it to use the mic like you're going to use Siri or make a call.....then once it activates, just hang up or stop the mic use....and then the music pops on. GRRRRR

My MAIN question is.....ive looked and searched here and youtube.....and I can't find anything. I have a 2013 and have no CLUE how to do a software update....can someone help me please with a vid link or something? LOL Thanks.

I was under the impression that the dealer had to do it.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #63
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Don't worry about it. IOS 9 is a week away and that will bring you a different set of problems.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #64
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I was under the impression that the dealer had to do it.
Oh really? On the screen I found the software update screen, but it said to insert a USB drive (I'm guessing with whatever software update saved to it) and it would walk me through it, just didn't know how/where to get it.

If the dealership does it thats great. Hope thats the case! I'll try calling them today and ask about it.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:15 AM   #65
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Oh really? On the screen I found the software update screen, but it said to insert a USB drive (I'm guessing with whatever software update saved to it) and it would walk me through it, just didn't know how/where to get it.

If the dealership does it thats great. Hope thats the case! I'll try calling them today and ask about it.

Yeah I say the dealer has to do it bc I don't think the firmware is available to download. I looked into it for my Cruze and my Equinox and couldn't find anything.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #66
kaly

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS. 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
I have been dealing with a related issue and found a fix that I wanted to share. My 32 gb iPod touch worked for several years with USB and then suddenly froze up during indexing (just hung there-- never indexed, no music playing). Totally frustrating. I'd get about 3 seconds of a song and then nothing but a frozen screen. I also couldn't get it to read the iPod through bluetooth (deleted and repaired it several times).

The iPod locked up the USB port and even turning the car off wasn't enough to get it to read. If I used the iPod at all, then the USB wouldn't even read a flash drive until the car had been off for several minutes. If I tried the USB first, music played just fine from the flash drive but not the iPod.

I was running IOS 7 something or other, so I updated to IOS 9, but the problem was the same. I tried restoring the iPod from a back-up, and the problem was still there.

I saw something on-line about being able to download new software for the car, but when I contacted Chevy customer service, they said it has to be done at a dealer. So I went back to the iPod.

I ended up restoring the iPod (wiped it completely) and then set it up as a new device (not from a back-up). Fixed the problem immediately.
kaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:01 AM   #67
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaly View Post
I have been dealing with a related issue and found a fix that I wanted to share. My 32 gb iPod touch worked for several years with USB and then suddenly froze up during indexing (just hung there-- never indexed, no music playing). Totally frustrating. I'd get about 3 seconds of a song and then nothing but a frozen screen. I also couldn't get it to read the iPod through bluetooth (deleted and repaired it several times).

The iPod locked up the USB port and even turning the car off wasn't enough to get it to read. If I used the iPod at all, then the USB wouldn't even read a flash drive until the car had been off for several minutes. If I tried the USB first, music played just fine from the flash drive but not the iPod.

I was running IOS 7 something or other, so I updated to IOS 9, but the problem was the same. I tried restoring the iPod from a back-up, and the problem was still there.

I saw something on-line about being able to download new software for the car, but when I contacted Chevy customer service, they said it has to be done at a dealer. So I went back to the iPod.

I ended up restoring the iPod (wiped it completely) and then set it up as a new device (not from a back-up). Fixed the problem immediately.

I used to have issues with my phone with doing certain things (not car related). I used to try to restore from the back up as well. It seemed as if whatever glitches were occurring, they were being stored in the backup file. Like you said, once I set it up as a new device, it worked fine and never carried over the issues.

I used to have these issues when my phone was jail broken.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #68
theballer666@gmail.com

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS V6
Audio issues need to be resolved!!!

I bought the 2015 RS model in June. My new IPhone 6 was recognized by the Bluetooth immediately even though it wasn't supposed to be. All info said it would have to run through usb. Soon thereafter the problems began with the paused issue. But most annoying to me was the lack of volume that would happen at certain times and to this day I have never isolated the variable. It simply would not play very loud at times whether it be fm radio,xm radio,flash drive,iPhone (yes the eq and sound check were tried on and off). Simply put this sound system is inferior and i have began replacement shopping for HI RES audio. Sony has a new line devoted to only HI RES audio that plays flac files which are superior to even analog! But in the meantime is there anything I can load to a flash drive and upgrade the mylink myself? I have been listening to flac files from Tidal HD with a usb and the quality is better!!!
theballer666@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:54 AM   #69
FloridaTom

Drives: 2015 Camaro LE
Exclamation MyLink and USB problems

I have a solution (at least one that works for me and my 2015 Camaro) for the USB problems the MyLink system has. The problems are that the system doesn't allow any kind of sorting, so you need to put the songs out in the order you want them. Also, if you then add songs to the device, they don't always show up. I have found these problems to be tied to the VOLUME NAME on the device. Everytime I add songs and redo the sort order, I change the Volume Name on the device (I use the date -- 2016-03-03), and this must cause the system to think it's a new device and re-indexes it, with all your new songs, all in the order you wanted. Feel free to pass this on to everyone, to let them know that at least there's a work-around. But it would be nice for Chevy to add a sort function to the system, something computers have had for decades!
FloridaTom is offline   Reply With Quote