Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: What's the maximum the Z/28 could cost for you to buy it?
$37-40K 62 15.31%
$41-44K 135 33.33%
$45-48K 97 23.95%
$48-50K 50 12.35%
$50K+ 33 8.15%
Not interested in the Z/28 28 6.91%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
post #67 of WHAT IF......................
Oh....right.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #58
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
post #67 of WHAT IF......................
Nothing new there.... Just the puppet master pulling some strings
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #59
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
It better not get too close in price to the new CTS-V coupe coming out next summer. I predict low 50s for Z28. It will still just be a Camaro at the end of the day.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #60
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
It will still just be a Camaro at the end of the day.
"Just" a Camaro......

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #61
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
It better not get too close in price to the new CTS-V coupe coming out next summer. I predict low 50s for Z28. It will still just be a Camaro at the end of the day.
NO. If you had been paying attention to the forum you'd know it's a Z/28!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #62
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
How much under sticker did you pay ?

$1000
Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #63
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Interesting thread. The purchase price assumptions make it difficult to get a good feel for what people will pay or perceive as a fair price. Would over 50 be acceptable with an LS9? My guess is you would find buyers for that car in that price range. Is 5K over the SS fair? Not unless there is enough meat on the bone to make it worth my while. I don't like badges and generally remove them from my cars. Maybe we should do another poll that asks would you buy a Z28 with yada yada yada at different price points with different equipment?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #64
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Interesting thread. The purchase price assumptions make it difficult to get a good feel for what people will pay or perceive as a fair price. Would over 50 be acceptable with an LS9? My guess is you would find buyers for that car in that price range. Is 5K over the SS fair? Not unless there is enough meat on the bone to make it worth my while. I don't like badges and generally remove them from my cars. Maybe we should do another poll that asks would you buy a Z28 with yada yada yada at different price points with different equipment?
You know - I think I'd remove the badges from my car too, except for "Camaro" I'd figure it would be easy enough to distinguish Z28 from SS and don't really care if Joe Public doesn't know the difference, but I bet the guy driving the Mustang GT or Challenger in the lane next to you does, and that's matters more than someone who doesn't care about cars. IMHO.

Your poll suggestion is a good idea, I think Feel free to post one up

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #65
pwrhungry

Drives: wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Just curious on this...does this statement take into account better performance/features, etc?

FYI the GT500 motor will do over 700rwhp reliably.

If they dont do a fully forged motor in it then whats the point of it? I spend 50k then go back into the motor to make it worth a shit then put on a better more efficient s/c'er to make it a worthwhile car.
pwrhungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhungry View Post
FYI the GT500 motor will do over 700rwhp reliably.
I'm well aware...we've been told multiple times....what we HAVEN'T been told...is how reliable the engine is at those levels, and how often this "potential" is reached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrhungry View Post
If they dont do a fully forged motor in it then whats the point of it? I spend 50k then go back into the motor to make it worth a shit then put on a better more efficient s/c'er to make it a worthwhile car.
You have more reading to do on the LSA if you don't think it's "worth a shit".....

Their job is NOT to give you a project car. They aren't building it for YOU. Their job is to build a competitive machine that wins the hearts and wallets of potential buyers. If you want to forge the thing, and boost it to the moon (which the LS engines can do....) then that's on you. The other 99% of buyers don't intend on going that high...so why should GM invest the time and capital to please YOU, when they can spend the money elsewhere and please everyone else?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #67
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm well aware...we've been told multiple times....what we HAVEN'T been told...is how reliable the engine is at those levels, and how often this "potential" is reached?

You have more reading to do on the LSA if you don't think it's "worth a shit".....

Their job is NOT to give you a project car. They aren't building it for YOU. Their job is to build a competitive machine that wins the hearts and wallets of potential buyers. If you want to forge the thing, and boost it to the moon (which the LS engines can do....) then that's on you. The other 99% of buyers don't intend on going that high...so why should GM invest the time and capital to please YOU, when they can spend the money elsewhere and please everyone else?
I bet that LSA will run at least 600-650 RWHP reliably. If it's passed the tests it has and puts down in the neighborhood of 450+ RWHP now, I think a shortblock that will stand 600 RWHP is just right for me. Sure - bragging rights are great, but where the Heck am I going to use 450 RWHP, let alone 600-700?... It's nice to know it's there though when I got to the track I see the OP's point, but let's be real...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I see the OP's point, but let's be real...
Right. I don't mean to diminish your desire for a crazy-hp machine, pwrhungry...in fact, I think it's pretty cool you want to do that!!!

I just don't agree that it should come wrapped and tagged from the factory for that purpose, it heaps a large amount of $$ onto the price of the car for those of us (the majority) who won't ever reach those levels.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #69
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Aside from straightline performance, using 600 RWHP on anything but Hoosier like road racing tires is a real challenge in a RWD vehicle.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #70
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
id pay 40-45k base for one. Honestly if it gets much more than that you can get a vett instead.

Hopefully if its about 41k or so base, that would leave me with about 5-7k for options.
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote