Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #687
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
NO CRASHING at the fest... New rule.
+1. Only I'm allowed to risk my life in other people's cars.....

heyyyy....maybe I should race PQ!! huh, Chris, huh? Whattaya say, huh-huh??
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #688
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I beleive a set of 'C5F Wheels' are in order.

In fact, I KNOW so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Tell 'em bro. There's nothing wrong with having two sets of wheels. One for show and one for go!
I agree completely...

Quote:
Bacept for the race with the big bully. lol
Oh I'm the bully??? didn't I tell you this weekend that you are free to spend however much you want between now and the fest... exactly how does that make me the bully????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Smart man.
Only if he can stand to see his car drive across country with some witty bwitty wittow 20" wheels....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #689
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

I agree completely...

Oh I'm the bully??? didn't I tell you this weekend that you are free to spend however much you want between now and the fest... exactly how does that make me the bully????

Only if he can stand to see his car drive across country with some witty bwitty wittow 20" wheels....

Don't you throw 'Rules' up. I'm talking about getting some wheels and driving them to the fest. My car will be parked at the fest anyway cept for racing. So I don't need those pretty ones.

And you gave me unlimited because you were durnk.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #690
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #691
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I told him he could do a wheel swap with me for the week of the fest.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #692
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Personally I feel wheels and tires are a safety issue at the track. I think you both should be allowed to run whatever wheels you would normally run at the strip. Stock PZero or similar tires on a hopped up Camaro clearly are not anyones choice nor are they safe. Extreme wheel hop, broken parts and loss of control could happen. I think that you both should be able to run the best and safest tires you can get your hands on for everyones safety and enjoyment of the event.

PQ...should be able to downsize is 22's if needed to get onto a safe tire.
GTHAVIT should be able to run Drag Radials so he can launch at a high enough RPM so as not to bog or stall nor spin endlessly...

And heck when it gets right down to it...I dont want the guy in the next lane running into the side of my car due to street tires on a drag strip. Nor do I want them dragging water from the box onto the track.

Remember, Safety first and the fun will come anyway.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #693
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Don't you throw 'Rules' up. I'm talking about getting some wheels and driving them to the fest. My car will be parked at the fest anyway cept for racing. So I don't need those pretty ones.

I was not durnk at that time... but still... you don't see me pulling the drunk card...

you called me a bully, after you challenged me....

So, to make you feel better I agreed to unlimited spending for you... and I'm still bound by $500...

exactly how does that make me a bully????

I need to link Bonnie to this thread .....
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #694
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
You need to highlight more often. You're missing a lot. lol
and then some...

Quote:
I beleive a set of 'C5F Wheels' are in order.

In fact, I KNOW so.
x's eleventybillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

that would be fun to watch.
Quote:

I agree completely...

orly?

Quote:
Randy.... how many types of people are there?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM   #695
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Personally I feel wheels and tires are a safety issue at the track. I think you both should be allowed to run whatever wheels you would normally run at the strip. Stock PZero or similar tires on a hopped up Camaro clearly are not anyones choice nor are they safe. Extreme wheel hop, broken parts and loss of control could happen. I think that you both should be able to run the best and safest tires you can get your hands on for everyones safety and enjoyment of the event.

PQ...should be able to downsize is 22's if needed to get onto a safe tire.
GTHAVIT should be able to run Drag Radials so he can launch at a high enough RPM so as not to bog or stall nor spin endlessly...

And heck when it gets right down to it...I dont want the guy in the next lane running into the side of my car due to street tires on a drag strip. Nor do I want them dragging water from the box onto the track.

Remember, Safety first and the fun will come anyway.
I appreciate your concern.

But, PQ and I are not gonna pedal the car much.... I know for a fact that I'm gonna back out at even the slightest hint of wheel hop or traction loss...

my car is a dd and I can't afford to break it or wreck it.... Neither can PQ.

I actually don't want DR's as I need to preserve my axles as well.

bottom line is neither PQ or I can throw money at our rides.... that is what makes this whole deal interesting.

street cars with less than amateurs driving in a heads up race. We all know it is very possible that I could toast em on the line and PQ takes a conservative launch and beats me...

Safety is not lost on me... but... we will have a ton of rookies on the track... mostly with modded cars... you should have seen last year.... I don't want to limit anyone from getting hooked on the sport. by enforcing a bunch of rules that remove the fun factor for first timers. The Track has already determined what they believe is safe... It should be understood this is a drive at your own risk event.... There's no other way to do it....

Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #696
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
AXLES

There may not be a ditch but I have a feeling with the HP you might be pulling this may happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

oh wait............

There aint no ditch on a drag strip....
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #697
2010 SS RS

Quote:

But, PQ and I are not gonna pedal the car much.... I know for a fact that I'm gonna back out at even the slightest hint of wheel hop or traction loss...

bottom line is neither PQ or I can throw money at our rides.... that is what makes this whole deal interesting.

street cars with less than amateurs driving in a heads up race. We all know it is very possible that I could toast em on the line and PQ takes a conservative launch and beats me...

Safety is not lost on me... but... we will have a ton of rookies on the track... mostly with modded cars... you should have seen last year.... I don't want to limit anyone from getting hooked on the sport. by enforcing a bunch of rules that remove the fun factor for first timers. The Track has already determined what they believe is safe... It should be understood this is a drive at your own risk event.... There's no other way to do it....

Wheel hop actually decreases on some soft Drag Radials...I am still running my stock half shafts as a matter of fact. We will have a full pit crew running so If you want to swap tires at any point let me know...we can pull mine off and you are more than welcome to use em...I am probably going to be using my nearly used up Nitto's anyway so no worries about using up the tires.

Yeah I heard the stories about last year...lol

And I too believe this event may be the only chance for many to ever run down a track and that is one of the greatest things about this whole C5Fest event...I am sure there will be plenty of butterflies up and down the staging lanes...I remember my first run so well. Heck I did not even know how to stage. Had so many buttons to press....Traction control, stable track etc.
Now it is all part of a routine.

I guess what I was sayin was that rules should not stop anyone from running what they feel is a safer tire on the track...And I have a feeling when it gets right down to it...You and PQ will probably be two of the most competitive guys around....

Is it April Yet? This all is going to be so much fun.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 01-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #698
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Wheel hop actually decreases on some soft Drag Radials...I am still running my stock half shafts as a matter of fact. We will have a full pit crew running so If you want to swap tires at any point let me know...we can pull mine off and you are more than welcome to use em...I am probably going to be using my nearly used up Nitto's anyway so no worries about using up the tires.

Yeah I heard the stories about last year...lol

And I too believe this event may be the only chance for many to ever run down a track and that is one of the greatest things about this whole C5Fest event...I am sure there will be plenty of butterflies up and down the staging lanes...I remember my first run so well. Heck I did not even know how to stage. Had so many buttons to press....Traction control, stable track etc.
Now it is all part of a routine.

I guess what I was sayin was that rules should not stop anyone from running what they feel is a safer tire on the track...And I have a feeling when it gets right down to it...You and PQ will probably be two of the most competitive guys around....

Is it April Yet? This all is going to be so much fun.
I hear ya... I know I'm not willing to risk my ride home to beat randy...

cus there is no way I'm gonna let him retell the story of my car breaking all the way home...

We certainly will keep it safe... but we should also be able learn how to drive the cars the way we drive them daily... if that means traction control on... then I may just do that.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #699
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I was not durnk at that time... but still... you don't see me pulling the drunk card...

you called me a bully, after you challenged me....

So, to make you feel better I agreed to unlimited spending for you... and I'm still bound by $500...

exactly how does that make me a bully????

I need to link Bonnie to this thread .....
It's DURNK.............

And you only gave me the unlimited because you know Bonnie ain't letting me spend anymore.

That's why I made the 500.00 rule. Because I knew I was handicapped by green lighted funds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Randy.... how many types of people are there?
Losers and Cheaters. lol

Quote:

This race is two guys just hoping the other guy emarases himself more.

We have safe HP.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #700
2010 SS RS

Here is a fail that I hope nobody does...
Pay attention as the video begins..These two ricers pull all the way up to the tree to stage.....Bahahahahahaa!
Now that is funny and it dont matter where you are from.

Tags
competition and good buds!, frodo likey, gta cheated, gta is a bully, pink tutu 4 chris, pq cheated, this is a tough thread