Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #729
Johnwayne
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftCat View Post
Kind of a moronic rant if you ask me...your $.02 isn't worth squat because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. First, the units aren't crap (I've got one on my car right now), and second, Steve was willing to refund me when I considered going with another CAI...although I've decided to try out a replacement that is sealed better.
Until you've tried one, remember that R&D isn't always an exact science...and compared with some of the other vendors I've dealt with, these guys have been pretty "stand up" in my humble opinion.
Swifty
Just like i said before there are some problems. You happened to not have a problem and your a very satisfied customer. BUT there are more than a few on here that dont feel the same as you that is the point i made so i cash in my .02 that dont mean diddly squat again. I suggest you learn to read and comprehend. not just read and counter post
Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #730
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwayne View Post
Just like i said before there are some problems. You happened to not have a problem and your a very satisfied customer. BUT there are more than a few on here that dont feel the same as you that is the point i made so i cash in my .02 that dont mean diddly squat again. I suggest you learn to read and comprehend. not just read and counter post
I read and comprehend just fine, thank you very much. In fact, I've probably spent more time on the phone with Steve and Patrick and on this forum than you with my hands tied behind my back.
The reason I counter-posted what you said was for the simple fact that it was just a malicious rant and really made no sense at all. If you're going to post, than try to keep it constructive and intuitive. Comprende?
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #731
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
anyone have the Stabiltrack warning come on after installong their VR unit? Mine came on, I don't know if it is a coincidence or not. I might have to uninstall it to find out.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #732
toehead93

did anyone have the Stabilitrac warning come on after installing the 92? Mine vcame on after I installed it, maybe just coincidence?

2010 2SS A6 - sold.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #733
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
did anyone have the Stabilitrac warning come on after installing the 92? Mine vcame on after I installed it, maybe just coincidence?
Quote:
anyone have the Stabiltrack warning come on after installong their VR unit? Mine came on, I don't know if it is a coincidence or not. I might have to uninstall it to find out.
Nope, can't say I have... only time I had that happen was when I did my Tune and didn't disconnect the negative battery cable for long enough.

I would suspect the same thing should/hopefully would solve your issue. Disconnect the Negative battery cable for 4-5 minutes thus resetting the cars computer.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #734
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Thumbs down Negative comments get wiped?

What is happening?Negative comments being edited out? Is there a reason that protectionism is needed?Products should stand on their own.Future and current buyers should be able to express their opinion's based on facts presented and (feedback), as long as the do not insult others or attack another's position.
buzzy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #735
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
You may be experiencing what I did when I installed my headers. Our cars have an update requirement for the software, and I think that any changes made to the system with bolt-ons may set off the Stabilitrac code. The same happened to me. Have you brought yours in for the reflash upgrade yet? It worked fine for me. Only problem is, if you have a dynotune you may need it redone, whereas if you have a mailed tune you can set it back to stock and reapply it once you've had your ECM reflashed by a GM mechanic. Hope this helps.
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #736
third1
speed freak

Drives: 2015i Cadillac Escalade,10 IOM 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
While I agree with your assessment of the quoted poster, why is the retail customer involved in R&D? Shouldn't that have been taken care of LONG before you got your hands on it?
I think that is the best way to get real world testing. I commend Vararam for the effort they have put forth to make the best product they can and if that involves beta testing so be it. I hope they get the kinks ironed out soon.
Current:2015i Cadilac Escalade,2016 Lexus RC350,2011 CVO StreetGlide cammed,tuned & loud. 2010 IMO/IO,custom stripes,GFX,sunrf,solo exhaust,JBA shorties,rotofab,Jannetty tune,Pfadt,JLw6 Audison&Hertz,7/4/09 2GIFKIEJ6A9123779Del 7/10/09
Former Camaros 72 LT1 Z28, 86 z28
[SIGPIC]
third1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #737
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by third1 View Post
I think that is the best way to get real world testing. I commend Vararam for the effort they have put forth to make the best product they can and if that involves beta testing so be it. I hope they get the kinks ironed out soon.
You're joking right? Would you be so kind if your new Camaro had to be taken back in for design fixes? Would you chalk it up to being a beta-tester for GM? Hell no, you wouldn't. You'd be pissed that your damn car wasn't PROPERLY tested BEFORE you bought it.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #738
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
What is happening?Negative comments being edited out? Is there a reason that protectionism is needed?Products should stand on their own.Future and current buyers should be able to express their opinion's based on facts presented and (feedback), as long as the do not insult others or attack another's position.
this thread isnt for that. You are free to make another thread and vent as you please.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #739
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I just got my revised unit. I'll install it tomorrow and give my feedback thru the learning period. i LOVED my original unit.

-bobby
Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 AM   #740
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy56 View Post
First, no negative comments were "wiped out." There has been NO protectionism. If you could , you'd clearly see that.

Regardless, as we've said before...and it seems I'm having to say several times, this thread is for WHO got their Vararam and HOW it ran. This includes ALL feedback on the unit...

Now....keep it ON topic or stuff like this will wind up getting deleted!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #741
WongBob
Dig Race?

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Wow... this thread is nearly useless. 28 pages of fluff... 2 scattered pages worth of good info.........
WongBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #742
toehead93

I forgot to plug in the MAF sensor
Well, it is in and this morning the car ran great. I had no issues what so ever with bucking or surging, the car purred smooth all morning.

2010 2SS A6 - sold.