Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #71
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You were going to start your driving life on an SS Camaro!?

Damn!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #72
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You were going to start your driving life on an SS Camaro!?

Damn!
I started on an old Altima. I feel cheated now. :(
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #73
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis59 View Post
Fbod,
Thanks again for all the posts.

I believe your first priority is making the best GM products possible and your second is keeping the public imformed about your progress.

We all look foward (selfishly) to you fulfilling the first with the launch of the Camaro. We already know you fulfill the second!
I second that! And I would add that your post are always respectful to us, I appreciate that and am sorry others can't return the favor.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #74
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I am actually thinking about not logging onto this site for a week or so until all this crap dies down. I just can't take it much longer.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #75
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
im not mad but just a little dissapointed that i was under the impression that i could order a camaro ss and have it by march/april. Gm dissapointed me alot because now i wont have the car to drive when i get my junior license in 3 months. not cool
ahem, Drives:
Quote:
1969 Camaro SS and 1985 IROC-Z
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #76
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I am actually thinking about not logging onto this site for a week or so until all this crap dies down. I just can't take it much longer.
I don't think I can take this much longer either...some of the comments I've seen on this site and others about this news were completely unfounded, rude, or just flat-out immature.

I think what bothers me most is that there are members who are trying to provide useful information and correct misinterpretations, but everyone seems to ignore them or are just too stubborn to believe them. Seriously, I've seen the same exact incorrect ideas being posted over and over and over again even though Scott and the moderators have posted information to the contrary. And to see Scott come on here, trying to calm everyone down and re-inform everyone, just to be flamed and bashed...all I have to say is that Scott is a much more patient man than I am.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #77
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
For a better overall production proccess they need to make V6s as well. The people on this board do not represent the average person buying a car. The people on this board all want to be the first one on the block with a V8. some people are going to get frustrated that they dont get theres FIRST. But realize that its nothing against you. Its not because GM doesnt care. Its because its not practical. If GM wanted to they could set production to be only V8s for MY 2010 and set MSRP at 60k then drop MY2011 and go.

I am not sure what you think GM doesnt care. They are trying to bring the car to market considering a host of factors. And customer satisfaction is one (if not the most important).
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I don't think I can take this much longer either...some of the comments I've seen on this site and others about this news were completely unfounded, rude, or just flat-out immature.

I think what bothers me most is that there are members who are trying to provide useful information and correct misinterpretations, but everyone seems to ignore them or are just too stubborn to believe them. Seriously, I've seen the same exact incorrect ideas being posted over and over and over again even though Scott and the moderators have posted information to the contrary. And to see Scott come on here, trying to calm everyone down and re-inform everyone, just to be flamed and bashed...all I have to say is that Scott is a much more patient man than I am.
I agree that Scott is being fantastic and people need to back off and show him some respect. Personal attacks and bashings of someone who has done so much for us is unfounded, rude and ridiculous. I started to type in another thread that I think everyone needs to just step away from the computer for a while and take a breath. However, I understand at the same time that one of the things that makes this site great is so many diverse opinions and people all with one love - the Camaro. Passion evokes many things and I can understand people being upset and frustrated. However people, leave fbodfather alone and listen to what he is saying. Fbodfather, we all appreciate you and some of us are just feeling overwhelmed with this latest information and some misinterpretation of that information. Hang in there and we will come back down to earth soon enough. I think it is flattering that we are all so excited and passionate about this car. I think that is a good thing for GM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #78
maxdmax

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have been a GM owner all my life and spent upwards of $400,000 dollars on GM products since my first car in 1977. I understand GM is in a difficult position and also understand they must be careful how they handle what they do going forward. We all should hope GM invests the TARP money from our taxes wisely and brings the company back into profitability or our hard earned tax dollars will be wasted and GM will not survive long term. I as well as many of the others on this forum are passionate about GM and this car and simply want the car as soon as possible. It is now 2 months away from production and all I want to know is when to expect the delivery of my 2SS/RS I ordered in late October. I am sorry, but it is stressful and concerns me if GM does not have a solid plan in place which allows them to properly estimate deliveries at this point. If you can't tell me at this time, then tell me when you will provide me this information. Stop and think where we are on this, what has been invested and what is at stake here, this should be a reasonable request at this point?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #79
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I started on an old Altima. I feel cheated now. :(
.... Dude i started on a 1991 Geo Storm GSi.... its a damn Isuzu... are you KIDDING me?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #80
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
my fathers cars....

not mine
Old 01-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #81
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
my fathers cars....

not mine
I can be a pain in the ass when it comes to technicalities like that. I was hoping that you weren't driving a 1969 Camaro without a license.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #82
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
^^^^BUSTED!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #83
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
tell that to the guys that wont see an ss til october --tell that to the guys they may not see their ss til next year inspite of pre ordering all the while gm collects interest on our down payments
Quote:
STOP listening to people who do not know what they are talking about. No one is saying that SSs won't be built til October.
Fbod, he's complaining that if he's near the end of the allocation line for a dealer and he ordered an SS he may not get his car till October or later because of GM's preference towards the V6. Nobody wants people to come in after them, order a V6, and get it while the V8 order gathers dust.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #84
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
I guess you guys are lucky I'm not in charge here...These whiney baby "I want it all and I want it now!" threads would disappear before they ever got started. I can understand it from a spoiled 15 year old getting on here pretending to be an adult, but I know some of the cry-babies ARE adults!

The economy is in the dumps, folks are losing jobs right and left, and you're just concerned with "WHERE MY CAR YOU PROMISED ME!" GM never promised you shit except that they were building it again. GM reps come on this site doing things they've never historically done, and you DUMP ON EM!

Don't matter where you're from...Just open your mouth and others will judge you as smart or stupid. I made my judgement.

Closed Thread