Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #911
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprankster View Post
Got my aac ghost side markers in and just installed them. Here are a couple of pics.

Attachment 396480

Attachment 396481

Attachment 396482
Nice bro!
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #912
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Thought it would be fun to have a bunch of Camaros at the Santee drive in next week for The Dark Knight Rises!

See here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...77#post5269077
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #913
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Bob Stall Chevrolet is garbage. My car has been there since 8am Monday morning and they still don't have an answer for me on my lifter tick. Yesterday they said they could hear the tick but didn't know what it was. 10 minutes ago they called me and said they are going to check the rockers. Seriously!? Almost 3 full work days and you finally decided to check something? Give me a break. I handed them the TSB when I brought the car in, the service writer also pulled up the TSB, they know its a common issue for the AFM lifters to fail and you can clearly hear it! Go ahead and check the rockers so you can call me back and say that wasn't the problem and you need to keep the car for another night for "further" diagnosis. Oh yes, keep in mind this is after they told me that my K&N intake and catch can could be causing the tapping lol bullshit.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #914
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Bob Stall Chevrolet is garbage. My car has been there since 8am Monday morning and they still don't have an answer for me on my lifter tick. Yesterday they said they could hear the tick but didn't know what it was. 10 minutes ago they called me and said they are going to check the rockers. Seriously!? Almost 3 full work days and you finally decided to check something? Give me a break. I handed them the TSB when I brought the car in, the service writer also pulled up the TSB, they know its a common issue for the AFM lifters to fail and you can clearly hear it! Go ahead and check the rockers so you can call me back and say that wasn't the problem and you need to keep the car for another night for "further" diagnosis. Oh yes, keep in mind this is after they told me that my K&N intake and catch can could be causing the tapping lol bullshit.
Complete morons. Tell them if they can't start work on it tomorrow, that you are going to take it to another dealer. Jimmie Johnson's would be a good start. I've had good luck so far, although no warranty work yet. (hopefully never) lol.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #915
Schmidty
Facebook.com/SoCalCamaro5

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Complete morons. Tell them if they can't start work on it tomorrow, that you are going to take it to another dealer. Jimmie Johnson's would be a good start. I've had good luck so far, although no warranty work yet. (hopefully never) lol.
Ive heard bad things about Bob Stahl as well. And good things about Jimmie Johnsons. I have only taken mine into Courtesy Chevrolet a couple times and they were ok.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #916
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
I thought we discussed this.... do not take your car there.. they are horrible....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #917
MARINE1991

Hopfully they do not dent your car like they did mine then try and tell me it was there already....
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #918
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
I will, if i even hear from them again today.
I knew I shouldn't have taken it in and just dealt with the tick until I can do my LS3 conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
I thought we discussed this.... do not take your car there.. they are horrible....
Lol we did, they are the most convenient dealer though but this was the last straw.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #919
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Ive heard bad things about Bob Stahl as well. And good things about Jimmie Johnsons. I have only taken mine into Courtesy Chevrolet a couple times and they were ok.
Yeah i've taken my other car to Courtesy before and they were alright, but Jimmie Johnson's has been better. More organized and friendly. Courtesy's salesman on the other hand (at least the one I dealt with) suck.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #920
Sprankster

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I think this is SD2011SS Dyno pull at CCC open house http://youtu.be/UmTET1OoDr0
Sprankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #921
Autobahn
SoCal Camaro5

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/45 M6
Quote:
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I personally had good experiences with them and Rose and Sara from the service department were great to deal with. They don't b!tch about any mods and the service people I met were very fast and professional. But in your case I agree with the rest to bring the car in at Jimmy Johnson's, might work out better...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #922
MARINE1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprankster View Post
I think this is SD2011SS Dyno pull at CCC open house http://youtu.be/UmTET1OoDr0
No numbers....
Old 07-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #923
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn View Post
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I personally had good experiences with them and Rose and Sara from the service department were great to deal with. They don't b!tch about any mods and the service people I met were very fast and professional. But in your case I agree with the rest to bring the car in at Jimmy Johnson's, might work out better...

Haha Rose is my service writer and shes the one that was complaining about the K&N intake and catch can. Anyways, I jope your trip is going well Matt. I'm glad you and your car made it to the East coast safely.

UPDATE: I left a message at 4:30 and got a call back at 6pm from my service writer. Supposedly the tech left without giving her any information so basically my car is just sitting down there in who knows what kind of condition. Ill be paying them a visit in the morning.

Is it bad that the thing that is bothering me the most is that my car is just sitting down there getting dirty? I've only washed my car once since ive owned it. It gets a bath with Meguiars quick detail spray after every drive and covered up in my driveway. I thought about going down there with my spray and towels and cleaning it lol
Old 07-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #924
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Yeah i've taken my other car to Courtesy before and they were alright, but Jimmie Johnson's has been better. More organized and friendly. Courtesy's salesman on the other hand (at least the one I dealt with) suck.
Ill be going to Jimmie Johnson next time thats for sure.