Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #1051
2K11SS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 11 Camaro SS LSX & 12 Corvette GS
Location: When you get to the middle of nowhere keep going I live past that
Sorry but if you look at a full earth view of Royal Purple Raceway and Lucas Oil Raceway. RPR has more concrete surface for parking/vendors and has a large lot in front of the circle track that could be used for autocross (something Lucas Oil does not have).
Old 09-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #1052
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K11SS View Post
Sorry but if you look at a full earth view of Royal Purple Raceway and Lucas Oil Raceway. RPR has more concrete surface for parking/vendors and has a large lot in front of the circle track that could be used for autocross (something Lucas Oil does not have).
You are forgetting the LOR used their small road course for the AutoX

The small parking lot in front of the circle track at RPR is considerably smaller.

Please keep this in mind as you discuss C5FIV.

We Have to have Vendors, Pits, Parking, Car show, Drag racing and Autox, inside the facility.

We Have to have hotels near the track that are big enough to host the nightly meet and greet.

When you introduce a true road course/HPDE you limit the track selection to a small few and you drive the cost/insurance way up.

We have no intention of trying to do what an HPDE does, the people that run those events have a completely different problem to solve than we do. We don't have the required knowledge to pull off an HPDE.

I'm not saying we won't be able to do a track like Firebird again that had a little of everything. I just want to put the decision we are trying to make in perspective.

The other problem we have to address is improving our product and service to the people who pay to attend the event. That is near impossible when we go to a different track every year. We just can't get better at pulling off the fest if we keep moving it. We learn a ton of good lessons at each fest. Lessons that should make the event better... And we just can't seem to take advantage of those lessons when we keep introducing new variables at a new track/hotel/city.

What ends up happening is we don't take as good care of the customers (you all) as we should because we are running around figuring things out we go...

Feel free to keep discussing it but keep these thoughts in the back of your mind as you do.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #1053
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
i'm honestly surprised Louisiana hasn't been represented much in here.

No Problem Raceway. We have our track, looks like room for autoX, and our slogan: Camaro5FestIV, No Problem!

only small issue would be a close hotel. i think the closest i could find was 10 miles away, but honestly, nothing wrong with a nice little drive to get to the track.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #1054
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you also have tulsa international raceway. something a little more northern than texas, for those that live up in the north east, but only 8 or 9 hours away for people in houston area.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #1055
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post

No Problem Raceway. We have our track, looks like room for autoX, and our slogan: Camaro5FestIV, No Problem!

only small issue would be a close hotel. i think the closest i could find was 10 miles away, but honestly, nothing wrong with a nice little drive to get to the track.

I do see something that could be made into AutoX on there..
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #1056
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I do see something that could be made into AutoX on there..
Shhh you. No autoXing maximas!!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #1057
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
LOL!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #1058
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Shhh you. No autoXing maximas!!
DON'T HATE CAUSE MY MAXIMA CAN BEAT YOUR SS.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #1059
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Quote:
Don't post angry jordy, it's not very lady like.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1060
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Your car is the one with 7 million lbs. of thrust?

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1061
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

The other problem we have to address is improving our product and service to the people who pay to attend the event. And we just can't seem to take advantage of those lessons when we keep introducing new variables at a new track/hotel/city.

What ends up happening is we don't take as good care of the customers (you all) as we should because we are running around figuring things out we go...
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post

Doesn't look bad at all. I see a good AC as well on there. Plenty of room for that. It appears that the vendor room could go below, but we just have to figure out where all the parking would be then. Car show, etc. But, that looks like it could work.

Here's another shot of RPR so you can see all the grass that I was talking about.
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #1062
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Sept is nice in Indy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #1063
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Sept is nice in Indy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Followed up by RPR in Oct 2014..

Not sure what the space concerns are all about... these are the exact same scales...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  139.9 KB

10 Hotels in the area right next to the Mall.

Also perfect for a large Cruise. Every year the Super Chevy Show does a cruise from that exact location... Ron Craft Chevrolet to the track. We could do the same and back to the hotels.

Name:  Capture5.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  240.0 KB

Name:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  99.2 KB

Last edited by mlee; 09-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #1064
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Sept is nice in Indy.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Love the way this man thinks!

We just had our annual Meet & Greet and Car Show put on by Hare Chevrolet this past weekend and the weather was great! I think the temps were in the mid 70's with some early morning cloud cover that burned off to a beautiful Chamber of Commerce Day with low humidity. Though we did have some heavy rain move in overnight, much needed rain as our drought has ended, September in Indy is a nice time.

I will say this, no matter where the event is held, local help and cooperation is a must. I know the Central Indiana Camaro Club loved being apart of the onsite help with logistics. That is a big plus in any event where its put on at away from home locations. Would Indy love to have it again? I'm sure we would, just like its in the running for bidding for yet another Super Bowl. Just so happened that Super Bowl XLVI turned out to be the best ever in NFL history and Indy has it down pat with handling any event, no where or when, hands down, with having ample hotel/motel space, things to do, places to go and see and when you settle into a spot you tend to get even more from the locals in keeping you in their program ie.... hotels give better rates cause you came the previous year, they lock time and space for you and throw in more incentives to have you, the local help (CICC) can have more time to meet with IMS to set up a day or afternoon for a parade lap around IMS and give the pass to the IMS museum, set up a local cruise at a venue that can take the vast majority in and the actual cruise along public roads something more desirable out along the country roads vs a death run on a major Interstate during rush hour traffic.
I think when you're set on a particular location, the people of Camaro5.com and organizers of CFest (1 in the same) don't have to operate in coordinating while trying to put on an event.
Being a state police officer who's department works on all major events here, we have blueprint, a model if you will that is in place from year to year that takes on minor tweaking from year to year and even to event.
I think once the group settles into central spot and commit to it and that venue commits to them and form that relationship, good things happen. There is a reason that NHRA has had the US Summer Nationals in Indy all these years.
I'm bias as to location but I'm also reasonable in saying, no matter where is it make it stick and try to keep there for a few years before a move, no matter where it is.

If I haven't said it before, thanks C5.com for choosing Indy this year! I didn't think it would have happened when I suggested as I heard feedback that IMS wouldn't allow us to have it there and they had no drag strip. I had to clear that up quickly and say I was referring to Lucas Oil Raceway.

All this said, I'm looking forward to the next CamaroFest whether its here or not. If I can make it I will and if something comes up where I can't, I'll look forward to pics and post on what I missed.

Planning can be a bear and that being said, I just got done with my local Car Show this past weekend and already, already I've set a date for September 7th for next years event, spoken to the venue marketing people of our desires and they'll lock my date next month and I've already decided to have not only Camaro's but a combined group with the corvettes joining us with the 'vette owners judging the Camaro's and vice versa. Fact is, planning starts now, 360 days after your last event.

Wish you all the best in your decision and you have my and the local clubs full support with any decisions made.

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread