Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #99
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
not big fan of that. looks a little like a camaro from the front. side, not so much. but is a big improvement on the impala they have been using. and looks a lot better that either the mustang or challanger.

gramps
Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #100
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post
not big fan of that. looks a little like a camaro from the front. side, not so much. but is a big improvement on the impala they have been using. and looks a lot better that either the mustang or challanger.

gramps
I wonder If that bumper cover will fit a real Camaro?

Joking....
Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #101
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Wow, the posts about the Camaro being ugly really. Its friggen NASCAR those cars never look good, same with NHRA those Camaro's and Mustang's look pretty bad also. Then there are post's about racing bikes, again why? This is not about other race circuits it's about NASCAR focus people. Jebus...

I like the color of the car. I find it nice to have a Camaro on the track competing with Mustangs and Challengers. I don't watch NASCAR too much, though if I did I would root for the Ugly Camaro. I would rather have an UGLY Camaro win then a stupid Malibu. To me it never made logical since to run a seemingly slow production car (Malibu) in a NASCAR race. I never thought of speed when watching the Malibu run around in circles. Even if it won, it still looked fugly. Sure give me the sleek looking NASCAR rendition of the Malibu. Sorry sir all we have is this root beer brown, four door, front wheel drive slower than a grandma car for you. Yea, give me the ugly Camaro over the Sexy Malibu any day of the week.

Sure people can watch other race circuits with these cars, but those races are not nationally televised. NASCAR is nationally televised and weather you like it or not, a win at NASCAR will now equal a win at the Show Room Floor.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #102
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
The real problem is that Nascar isnt even Nascar anymore. I cant tell you how many times there has been a real race on and all you can get on TV is After Hours nascar crap and stuff nobody in their right mind should care about. And yay the nascar tech gets to go over all the car and make sure that nothing cool or unique has been done to it... How groundbreaking. There is not much to a carbed V8 sir. Lose the celebrity racer focus, rename the series to correctly describe the cars NASBCAR. And my dislike for the series would fade. Its not the racing I dislike, its all the BULLSHIT that comes with it. Why does the world need this pointless personal drama in everything made these days? Even the UFC turned into WWF drama wise.
Who is doing this right?
Aussie v8 supercars. Same sorta premise, but done right.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #103
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
As a long-silent refugee from the pre-launch Camaro5 forum, and not yet a Gen 5 owner, I find some of your reactions to the nameplate's introduction to NASCAR a little amusing. Some of you seem to be of the impression that "Camaro" is a cult-car few are aware of, and this national exposure is a Super Big Deal. I agree it's cool to have a Camaro in NASCAR, but c'mon people..this is a very popular car with a rich heritage. The country has heard of it.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #104
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Oh man, that thing is ugly. Takes away all the cool, sleek, high belt-line, chopped-roof look and resembles a cavalier with a camaro nose.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #105
Joe Remi

This move makes sense for Chevy and for NASCAR. Dodge has the Challenger coupe in Nationwide, and the Charger sedan in Cup. Same with Ford re: Mustang and Fusion. Now Chevy will have Camaro and the new SS sedan. The last holdout is Toyota, which is in a bit of a bind. Their only RWD coupe is the FR-S. Which is badged Scion in this country. Oops.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #106
VRCamaroSS

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am a fan of NASCAR or I should say what it is today NAPCAR wake me with ten laps to go. Daytona and Talladega are a joke to watch completely. Yes the cars are safer but are ugly as hell and the rules are what is killing the sport. Back in the day was better racing when I first got into where they actually looked like real cars.
VRCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #107
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
As a long-silent refugee from the pre-launch Camaro5 forum, and not yet a Gen 5 owner, I find some of your reactions to the nameplate's introduction to NASCAR a little amusing. Some of you seem to be of the impression that "Camaro" is a cult-car few are aware of, and this national exposure is a Super Big Deal. I agree it's cool to have a Camaro in NASCAR, but c'mon people..this is a very popular car with a rich heritage. The country has heard of it.
I agree with you , also add...

It looks like Camaro five is all about a fashion show. Searously, you people actually think a Malibu running around NASCAR is good. Ok, well it makes me laugh, because for one try running an actual Malibu at Daytona... lol.... At least the ugly Camaro's Show Room floor brother can actualy run at Daytona.

Malibu race car = good looking,,,,,, Malibu show room car = WTH
Camaro race car = not good looking,,,,,, Camaro show room car =

So give me an Ugly Duck Camaro any day over a Malibu ...
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #108
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Totally agree. Check out The Rolex and Continental series -- they are especially great. Real Camaros running against real Mustangs! Woohooo!

EDIT: I just saw the pics of the NASCAR "camaro" in question -- DAMN that thing is ugly! I'm embarrassed that the Camaro name is on it. Did you see that hideous side view???

Glad you said it first. I would have been labelled a troll.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #109
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyvegas View Post
Found this.
That looks good.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 07-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #110
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Glad you said it first. I would have been labelled a troll.
No one should ever be called a troll over the truth. On a different note, If you watch NASCAR, now is not a good time to continue. Reason is the ugly Camaro is going to be stomping all over the Mustang. Thus, the Mustang sales just took a nose dive.

dont freak out heathly competition is good...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #111
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertha II View Post
Just another example of why the stands at NASCAR races these days are just about half full and the tv ratings are just a fraction of what they once were. No wonder the Chevy execs did not agree to use the Camaro nameplate in NASCAR when the gen 5 came out a few years ago. Make the race cars look like they do when they come from the factory! That is what built the sport years ago....
I was a NASCAR devotee from the Pearson/Petty days right up until the debut of the "sticker" cars. Love the German touring cars, they look like Bimmers, Mercs and Audis even if they are fully caged cars underneath. Face it real Musclecars are the true evolution both exist in Germany now.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #112
Joe Remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
No one should ever be called a troll over the truth. On a different note, If you watch NASCAR, now is not a good time to continue. Reason is the ugly Camaro is going to be stomping all over the Mustang. Thus, the Mustang sales just took a nose dive.

dont freak out heathly competition is good...
Camaro and Mustang sales will have nothing to do with a NASCAR support series of spec cars with different graphics on their grilles, watched through a beer haze on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Nationwide is won by RCR, Roush Fenway, Joe Gibbs Racing, Penske Racing, and maybe KBM or Turner on a good day. With Elliot Sadler, Ricky Stenhouse, and whatever contingent of Cup drivers show up. The general public may have a general sense that Chevy, Ford, Dodge, or Toyota won the race, but the actual model is completely lost on them. NASCAR is a personality/team-driven series.