Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
soo yeah my weekend .....

well first off let me say thanks for reading this thread

Friday - Friday night my grandma was having angina attacks

today - hmmmmm where to start, well my dad fell on my cousins foot, he's okay, but while falling he tucked a knife and meat cleaver in to his chest so it wouldn't cut my cousin, and it cut his shirts. THEN we got a phone call ..... my uncle suddenly passes away, I mean this man battled prastate cancer, and has been alright for 3 yrs

R.I.P. Uncle Roy
Old 01-06-2008, 02:02 AM   #2
jmsjags

Drives: '02 Mustang GT
That sounds like a rough weekend. I can't even begin to imagine how much pain you're in right now. But hang in there man. Your uncle would be proud to know that you are soon to be the owner of a 5th gen camaro! Keep the faith!
jmsjags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sorry to hear that, pal. Your uncle will be in my prayers. And I hope your Grandmother gets better.

Take it easy...seriously. The most important thing is to be strong in times like this.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
WillInThe04Ranger

Yeah, we went over to my aunts tonight, she's doin good right now, but tomorrow is his wake so ...... I imagine everyone will be crying or something tomorrow, as far as the 5th gen goes, if I dont win it I wont own it, Me = Broke college kid, but yeah, I dont wanna go in the funeral parlor tomorrow night, but i'll probably stand in the hall.

Bad thing is, I just talked to him thursday, I thought it was a trick to get us to come home but when you go over to the house and he isnt there ..... reality sets in.

As far as my grandma goes, she's hard headed and this is her 2nd time havin angina attacks ontop of a heart attack
Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Sorry to hear it. I just lost my Grandpa (moms side) on Dec 30th....just a few days ago. We were all there when he passed. I'm taking that family medical leave act deal right now (hence me being on the comp a lot more). I've been helping out mom clear out her house of Grandpas stuff...clothes, personal stuff, etc. Took all his stuff to Goodwill. Detailed out his car so I can take it and sell it for mom. Lotsa little stuff. It helps out mom.

We did find some cool stuff in his belongings, though. Found boxes of super old coins from back in WW II. German coins w/ swastikas (tons of'em), coins from Turkey, Italy, etc....dating back to 1930's. Found his recruiting paperwork for the White Sox dated back to 1943...but he declined after trying out to join his buddies in the war. Some really cool stuff. But, yeah...that's what I've been doing. All that stuff is going into safe keeping.

Sure it's hard on his family and yours. My prayers go out to you.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM   #6
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Sorry to hear it. I just lost my Grandpa (moms side) on Dec 30th....just a few days ago. We were all there when he passed. I'm taking that family medical leave act deal right now (hence me being on the comp a lot more). I've been helping out mom clear out her house of Grandpas stuff...clothes, personal stuff, etc. Took all his stuff to Goodwill. Detailed out his car so I can take it and sell it for mom. Lotsa little stuff. It helps out mom.

We did find some cool stuff in his belongings, though. Found boxes of super old coins from back in WW II. German coins w/ swastikas (tons of'em), coins from Turkey, Italy, etc....dating back to 1930's. Found his recruiting paperwork for the White Sox dated back to 1943...but he declined after trying out to join his buddies in the war. Some really cool stuff. But, yeah...that's what I've been doing. All that stuff is going into safe keeping.

Sure it's hard on his family and yours. My prayers go out to you.
Same to you bro, I know what you mean about cleaning out, though I didnt help my cousin clean out his dads shop ...... I didnt even bother to go to his funeral, its not bc i didnt want to, its bc I just couldnt, its hard to explain really, I didnt even go up to the casket last night to see him one last time, I went in the room but I stayed away fro the casket area. It is hard losing someone, we werent really CLOSE but if i needed his help he was there.

I do know that his shop had tons of tools and he owned tons of truck, and a couple tractors and some other motorized things (of what I couldnt tell you bc he had so much) but idk.

I t seemed like a cruel joke at first, but it'll eventually set in that the family member isnt here anymore and everything'll quiet back down WHich will give us a break.

UPDATE on grandma, she has Pneumonia so thats why her chest was hurting her so bad
Old 01-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
UPDATE on grandma, she has Pneumonia so thats why her chest was hurting her so bad
That's good....NO! not like that. I mean that you know what it is, and it can be treated. as opposed to angina attacks..
Old 01-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's good....NO! not like that. I mean that you know what it is, and it can be treated. as opposed to angina attacks..
Yeah thats true, but if she isnt careful it can be just as hazardous
Old 01-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham

absolutely. I had mild Pneumonia once when I was a kid...definitely not fun.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
absolutely. I had mild Pneumonia once when I was a kid...definitely not fun.
Yea, My youngest brother james had it when he was 7 ..... but he was outside in the rain with some really bad shoes on