Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #1065
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
As someone who has had more than a dozen magazine features of my personal cars in the last 5 years, I've always thought I had a pretty darned good eye at building nice cars. This is my first time ever seeing this thread, and seeing this car.
Amazing is not a word I can use to describe this build. The sheer magnitude of the attention to detail, is far beyond even what the trained eye can see. I know NRE builds quality products, but I would even bet this has challenged them more than any car they have ever done.
We've all seen 200+K custom car builds, and they usually all contain the same components. Alot of which even have one off pieces. But this Camaro takes it to a whole new level. I truely believe that if this was a car that was built for the "Riddler Award" (those of you not aware what that is, look it up. its amazing), it would, without question take the prize.

This car truely deserves to be among only the select few of the greatest car builds in recent history. I, for one, being in the business many many years have never in my life, seen a build of this magnitude.

Hats off to you... The bar has now been raised to new levels.

If your ever in Vegas, I will drive anywhere in the city to see this in person...
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #1066
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

so uhm....I was just wondering..... you know cus we are sorta interetesed.....in uhm ........ well it's no BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG deal but if possible........ maybe sometime.............. you know when............urrr ...... you have time or ..............uhm if you get them soon... maybe..............we might............could ................. see

somedynovideosoon
First he'll need to build a dyno that won't friggin' break!!!!

Holy mother of all that's holy, this is amazing stuff!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #1067
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Naaah, this build ran about 15K
Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #1068
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Naaah, this build ran about 15K
Pffft. add about 4 0's to the end of that and you might scratch the surface....

armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #1069
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
As someone who has had more than a dozen magazine features of my personal cars in the last 5 years, I've always thought I had a pretty darned good eye at building nice cars. This is my first time ever seeing this thread, and seeing this car.
Amazing is not a word I can use to describe this build. The sheer magnitude of the attention to detail, is far beyond even what the trained eye can see. I know NRE builds quality products, but I would even bet this has challenged them more than any car they have ever done.
We've all seen 200+K custom car builds, and they usually all contain the same components. Alot of which even have one off pieces. But this Camaro takes it to a whole new level. I truely believe that if this was a car that was built for the "Riddler Award" (those of you not aware what that is, look it up. its amazing), it would, without question take the prize.

This car truely deserves to be among only the select few of the greatest car builds in recent history. I, for one, being in the business many many years have never in my life, seen a build of this magnitude.

Hats off to you... The bar has now been raised to new levels.

If your ever in Vegas, I will drive anywhere in the city to see this in person...

Wow, I don't know what to say but Thank You. Coming from a veteran in the industry and having such a successful background it is a monster compliment. I am sure being in the business you know that it is the synergy of a group of people, not any single one that helps make this process occur. (Oh, BTW, completely off-topic but I think your "man-cave" shop with the pool table, games and theatre is way cool) Anyway, we were lucky enough that GM brought back the Camaro as such a great platform to start from.

The one difference is that this car was and is not intended to be a show car nor is it a "factory" car. Just a car to be driven on the street and any race track or parking lot by a slight adrenaline-junkie mental case.

This is just a garage project gone astray. A huge amount of credit has to go to NRE because I had a long wish list of "must have", "should have" and "cool" requirements. They took each, and one at a time figured out innovative ways to execute them.

Thank You again for the compliments ! It really means a lot.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #1070
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'm in a weird spot with this car.

I know it's a crazy cool project, but not being in the business or around a lot of custom built cars, I am still kinda finding the 'Norm' in all of this madness.

This car is one hell of a 'Grading Curve' monkey wrench.

Hell, I'll have longtubes with no cats, full borla exhaust, CAI, and a dyno tuned blown car, probably with a cam by the fest and I'm feeling insignifacant.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #1071
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm in a weird spot with this car.

I know it's a crazy cool project, but not being in the business or around a lot of custom built cars, I am still kinda finding the 'Norm' in all of this madness.

This car is one hell of a 'Grading Curve' monkey wrench.

Hell, I'll have longtubes with no cats, full borla exhaust, CAI, and a dyno tuned blown car, probably with a cam by the fest and I'm feeling insignifacant.
Insignificant ? Not a chance. Just between you, GTA, DE, Dr. Jekl and the SST we'd have 3,500 - 4,000 HP going down the road on a leisurely southeast cruise...
Old 12-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #1072
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Insignificant ? Not a chance. Just between you, GTA, DE, Dr. Jekl and the SST we'd have 3,500 - 4,000 HP going down the road on a leisurely southeast cruise...
Us >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #1073
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Us >>>>>>>>>>>>>
I love being part of the Camaro5 Mutual Admiration Society.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #1074
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Darth Vader talking to Dr Jkel: "You have come over to the Dark Side Dr J. The Force is strong." "Hey, Yoda told me you have a 427 in your ride" "I'd like to get one for the Death Star" "I'll swap you my light saber for it"
Well, I wondered what that voice in my head was

I think the 427 is the way I will go especially since it is in the budget so to speak. I just like knowing that the bottom end will be bullet proof. Oh and 427 does kinda sound cool.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #1075
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
talk to jeff this week{tpe} and knowing how he loves rides taken to another level. prepared him for 45 pages..{lol}..glad he took the time ...
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #1076
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
I just want to spooge on the fender as I walk by..bruce...lol Happy Holidays to you and yours. Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #1077
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I like this

Speedster... I love your shiny things!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #1078
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I'm with you on this one. I came from the "corvette society" where people's money went to their cars and their heads. I sold a supercharged corvette and got a camaro. After driving out to the Fest with my father and meeting all the "camaro society" we felt at home. One of the camaro engineers ask me, what if I break something on the car drag racing it at the fest being all the way from Texas? I simply said I would fix it and drive it home. He said that's what he loves about camaro guys. Drive it and enjoy it every chance you have. Your boy will always remember the time you spend with him in it. Congrats on an awesome build!
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo