Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #99
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
in this group you would be advanced. with the groups you have run with, you should line up fairly early probably. 10/10ths and 3 balls are know for basically gentlemen's racing. very fast, very good. we just need guys that have experience to go out and give room and go fast. there will be a helmet off slow session the first thing to get comfortable.
everyone run video. i want to get it on my laptop before the event is over. ill make some cool videos. ill post some basic videos in here if the mods dont mind. they will be basic videos with some turn numbers and a decent student line. the racing line has moved around a little since we made the tutorials, but they will be great for the newer guys.
Yeah, I've been doing track days with 3 balls for 9 years now and the group 1 got really fast over the last few years. I ran in group 1 a few times with slicks on but still had hard time staying mid-pack. Moved down to group 2 and actually having more fun.

I would love to line up behind you at least for 1 session so I can learn track better. (Not that I think I can keep up with you for a whole lap.... Maybe I should unplug couple of spark plugs on your car to keep up with you better and learn.... )
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #100
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
(Paid yesterday)

What clubs you have run track days with?
- None

What tracks you have ran at?
- None

Total number of track days...

Previous experience at this track and how many times.
- None, 0
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #101
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
(Paid yesterday)

- None

- None

- None, 0
You won't regret it......but you may get hooked
Old 01-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #102
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
(Paid yesterday)

- None

- None

- None, 0
Believe it or not...posts in this thread like this get me the most excited. I can't wait to see your reactions after a session or two...
Old 01-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #103
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
Yeah, I've been doing track days with 3 balls for 9 years now and the group 1 got really fast over the last few years. I ran in group 1 a few times with slicks on but still had hard time staying mid-pack. Moved down to group 2 and actually having more fun.

I would love to line up behind you at least for 1 session so I can learn track better. (Not that I think I can keep up with you for a whole lap.... Maybe I should unplug couple of spark plugs on your car to keep up with you better and learn.... )
we will try to get together at some point. ill be there with all my stuff to try n make sure the event is a success. i may be bleeding brakes or putting in baffles instead of driving lol. that happens a lot. im hoping to get to ride with my buddy don at some point. im on track with my car 30 -40 days a year and another 20-30 in other cars giving rides. this event is about the C5 members getting a great day out on track. ill be doing whatever TAG and the guys need me to do to make this event the best it can be. its shaping up to be the real deal. im excited about it.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #104
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
we will try to get together at some point. ill be there with all my stuff to try n make sure the event is a success. i may be bleeding brakes or putting in baffles instead of driving lol. that happens a lot. im hoping to get to ride with my buddy don at some point. im on track with my car 30 -40 days a year and another 20-30 in other cars giving rides. this event is about the C5 members getting a great day out on track. ill be doing whatever TAG and the guys need me to do to make this event the best it can be. its shaping up to be the real deal. im excited about it.
We appreciate you...
Old 01-27-2017, 02:28 PM   #105
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
We appreciate you...
i appreciate yall, and we all should appreciate the effort of the C5 guys. to put on an event this size at two different venues over three days is huge. ive been in contact with them and they really give a damn about yalls experience. they are going all out on the NCM event as im sure they are the others.
yall have your brakes bled with dot4 and fresh rubber on. we are going to have a blast!!
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #106
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Believe it or not...posts in this thread like this get me the most excited. I can't wait to see your reactions after a session or two...
I'm certainly looking forward to it! I'm no stranger to aggressive driving, but this will be my first track experience.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an approved helmet? I'm 6'2" and with a helmet I either have to lean back or hold my head to the side. I'd like to find an open face helmet that makes the best use of the limited space between my head and the roof.

(I don't want to hijack the thread so feel free to PM me with your helmet recommendation.)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #107
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
I'm certainly looking forward to it! I'm no stranger to aggressive driving, but this will be my first track experience.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an approved helmet? I'm 6'2" and with a helmet I either have to lean back or hold my head to the side. I'd like to find an open face helmet that makes the best use of the limited space between my head and the roof.

(I don't want to hijack the thread so feel free to PM me with your helmet recommendation.)
Hey, good question - I'm sure several folks besides you can benefit from the conversation.

All approved helmets are going to be similar in thickness...that's part of how they protect your noggin, and meet the SA requirements. SA2015 is the newest safety rating...but there are still some SA2010s on the market...SA2005 is the oldest racing. They release a new one every 5 years to combat helmet age and deterioration. Any of these three will work for our track day....do NOT buy/bring a M-rated (motorcycle) helmet.

Open face helmets are going to be cheapest...I like my Simpson Cruiser well enough...other companies include Bell, G-Force, and Zamp.

And there are sizing charts available...you don't want a helmet that's too tight...so if you find yourself in between sizes, get the bigger of the two.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:54 PM   #108
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:

I'm 6'1" and yeah, a helmet does make the roof very close. For the AX event I did last spring I just scooched the seat forward a little and laid the back down a bit more. Made the leg room a little cramped but the wheel/arm/seat/head/roof ratios made up for it and it wasn't a long run. Not sure how it will work out for a 20 minute or more session.

I just ordered this helmet.

https://www.saferacer.com/collection...nt=25881987779

It's on back order but they shot me an email to let me know and they expect them in by early March.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #109
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I'll be jumping in if I can, getting my ticket next week. Be kind to a newbie who has 0 track time. HAHA
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:20 PM   #110
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
I'll be jumping in if I can, getting my ticket next week. Be kind to a newbie who has 0 track time. HAHA
You won't be the only one. One of the good things about CamaroFest is there are a lot of newbies and it's a great place to learn and not get caught up in super serious racing.

it's all about having fun and getting to know your car in a safe environment.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:22 PM   #111
tonyferdie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You won't be the only one. One of the good things about CamaroFest is there are a lot of newbies and it's a great place to learn and not get caught up in super serious racing.

it's all about having fun and getting to know your car in a safe environment.
And that is the big thing, I want to have fun and bond some more with my car and not have to worry about getting a ticket haha
tonyferdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #112
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyferdie View Post
And that is the big thing, I want to have fun and bond some more with my car and not have to worry about getting a ticket haha
Then you're coming to the right event!