Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #211
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I like many of the options. I am willing to travel and do not mind it rotating from east coast to west coast and points in between. The only suggestion I would make is to have it in the summer time.

Many people quoted having family obligations and kids in school. It is easier to bring the whole family and make a vacation out of it in the summer when kids are out of school. The turnout will be better which will effect vendor sales and local establishment profits.

Just a thought.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #212
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessey Performance View Post
Here are some reasons why I think our facility is appealing for a future event:

We can offer our facility at a cost that will be the most affordable option to the organizers and thus those attending.

We have 2 chassis dyno's on the property so that there could be a dyno shootout going on at the same time as drag racing and a car show.

Our 1/4 mile dragstrip is at our complete control and we can prep it and run it whenever we want to.
We are willing to invite the organizers for CamaroFest to fly in and visit our facility and see it in person. This invitation includes 2-round trip plane tickets and hotel rooms. You could meet with the local Camaro club in our conference room at our shop while you see the rest of the facility. You will be impressed with the entire operation.

Please let us know if we can help.
An amazingly gracious offer...and I would LOVE to attend a special event at Hennessey...

BUT....

I would be afraid we would lose the vendor neutrality was part of making this years event AWESOME. I would hate to see a decline in vendor attendance as their presence was something I really, really enjoyed. It was awesome seeing all the pieces and parts in one spot...and there was even some 'stuff' I wasn't aware of.

So...to the folks at Hennessey... PLEASE do an event at your location...I probably wouldn't drive that far...but I would fly out there just to attend. I'm just not sure it would be in the Fests best interests to have the event on at vendors facility.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #213
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I have been a director for a different club in the past, and you can not make everyone happy. A poll doesn't do any good most population is on east coast. Don't want to do mid west chances of 100 degrees with 100% humidity, did it in Tulsa a few years back and it was bad we had 3 people that passed out. Anyway either central like Gateway Raceway in St. Louis, it has oval track, a center for road racing, and autocrossing, drag strip, and lots of room for car show and shine, Or the other option is East Coast event one the next a West Coast event. Vegas Motorspeed Way for drag, hotel parking lot in Henderson for autocross and show and shine. my .02

Clay
Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #214
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
All vendors would be welcome and all of that would be organized by CamaroFest. We would not have anything to do with it. Last month we hosted the TX2K10 Supra Nationals and had a 3-day event with dyno day and drag racing. About 200 cars and over 1000 people attended, including about 20 sponsors. Many of the sponsors are competitors on certain markets. I dont think you will find anything but positive comments on how well the Supra events have gone.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #215
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
All vendors would be welcome and all of that would be organized by CamaroFest. We would not have anything to do with it. Last month we hosted the TX2K10 Supra Nationals and had a 3-day event with dyno day and drag racing. About 200 cars and over 1000 people attended, including about 20 sponsors. Many of the sponsors are competitors on certain markets. I dont think you will find anything but positive comments on how well the Supra events have gone.
I just peeked at a Sat-image of your facility, and I'm simply curious...is the quarter-mile track part of the oval? Or a separate thing?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #216
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
ooooooh. So exciting when you see a hill. You never know if you might encounter something different on the other side.......

lol
ROFL......we are easy to excite in Kansas. That's why we build planes here.....so we can leave.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #217
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Count me in to help out for the second one! Plus if any vendors want to try out that Edlebrock E-Force Supercharge im game .

But Seriously I would love to help out as staff. Im sure the more people out there to help the more everyone including the mods will be able to enjoy themselves!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #218
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post

MORE NORTH WOULD BE BETTER but,
Canada will drive to TEXAS!
Wow... I love your dedication guys! We would love to have you!!! Thats a hell of a drive for sure but I promise you will love Texas!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #219
gumbo2000

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Leeds, Alabama

Barber Motorsports Park and Museum

They also have a road track.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/other-events.php
Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #220
Dkat6147

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Camaro5 fest 2nd annual

Should be in Michigan/Ohio/Chicago.....perfect places for it
Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #221
Abygale

Drives: .
I don't get why people are recommending tracks in the southeast still??? The goal is to make it easier for the west coast people to attend, not harder.... Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, other locations in Georgia????
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #222
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Central Ohio and Mid Ohio Raceway!
This.

Convenient for the Canadians as well.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #223
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Fair enough...but...regardless of what happens....PLEASE...still hold an event at your facility...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #224
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Gateway in St. Louis has everything people are looking for. Huge facility, with 1/4 mile, autocrossing and oval tracks. Centrally located, and can easily hold huge crowds. There's also a gas station right across the street, lol.

That or Topeka, KS would be the most centrally located, and most likely to bring the largest crowds. End of May, early June, would be the best time as well, IMHO.

In any case, I just need enough heads up so I can go. This year I had too much going on career wise, ie, State Board testing, to go to the 'Fest. I want to go to 'Fest II !!

Closed Thread